Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

Shouldn't have taken this long to clinch a playoff spot, but better late than never....

right Padres?? :ols:

Yeah, it shouldn't have. But I'm just glad that they make it at this point. And I love how they've responded since Prado went down. They swept the Marlins. And Prado's replacement hits a key 3-run HR to win that first game Prado was out. HUGE. C'mon Brooks Conrad, keep it up! We need all the offense we can get from here on out.

Yeah, it shouldn't have. But I'm just glad that they make it at this point. And I love how they've responded since Prado went down. They swept the Marlins. And Prado's replacement hits a key 3-run HR to win that first game Prado was out. HUGE. C'mon Brooks Conrad, keep it up! We need all the offense we can get from here on out.

yep, I will take it. Go Rangers and go Braves! First time both are making the playoffs since 1999. :wavetowel

So first round match ups look like this:

Rangers vs Rays

Yankees vs Twins

Giants vs Phillies

Braves vs Reds

Phils should take care of the Giants. As much as it pains me to say it, the Braves will probably beat the Reds. The AL match ups, though, are gonna go down to the wire. If I had to pick winners, I'd take the Yanks and the Rays.

Phils should take care of the Giants. As much as it pains me to say it, the Braves will probably beat the Reds. The AL match ups, though, are gonna go down to the wire. If I had to pick winners, I'd take the Yanks and the Rays.

Yeah the AL is tough to predict. If Morneau was going to play for the Twins, I'd give them the edge, but the Yankees just have too much not to beat the Twins. I see that series going 5 games, but the Yankees will win in the end.

I see the Rays winning in 4 against the Rangers. Although if Hamilton is healthy, maybe the Rangers make it a 5 game series too.

Yeah, if Hamilton is healthy, it might go to 5. They're not a bad team at all, but it's just that the Rays are so solid. They're probably the best team in the American League.

Right now, though, the Phillies are the best team in the National League and they've got crazy momentum going into the playoffs. Between the Braves, Reds, Giants (and maybe Padres), I'm at least 95-96 percent sure they're gonna win the pennant.

So first round match ups look like this:

Rangers vs Rays

Yankees vs Twins

Giants vs Phillies

Braves vs Reds

Actually, I think (as of now) the Braves would face the Giants, not the Reds. Should the Braves win the wildcard, the Phillies would probably play the team with the worst record between the Giants and Reds. Right now the Reds have a worse record. I'm not 100% sure that's how it is, but it SHOULD be that way.

Right now, though, the Phillies are the best team in the National League and they've got crazy momentum going into the playoffs.

Maybe. The Giants have been on a roll too. 18-8 in September.

Plus...

The Giants have taken control, in part, because they just finished one of the greatest pitching months in baseball history, posting a 1.78 team ERA in September. In the live ball era (1920-on), that is the fifth-best ERA by any team in any month... Even in this latest Year of the Pitcher, it is almost inconceivable that a team in this era can have an ERA that low for 26 games. Opponents hit .182 against the Giants in September, the second-lowest mark in a month (1920-on).

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/story?columnist=kurkjian_tim&id=5636340

Edited by Predicto

If he's able to go one hundred percent, that gives the Rangers a big time upgrade. If they don't take the series, it'll at least go to a fifth game.

He will definitely help us out, that's for sure. Hell, the Rangers may not win in the ALDS, but Hamilton is the best player in the AL right now, and I feel 100% confident saying that. It's too bad he's been injured the last month or he would have won MVP easily. IMO, it will all come down to Game #1. Cliff Lee will be pitching for us on Wednesday for the first game, whether it is in New York or Tampa. If the Rangers can escape with a Game 1 win, then it's ****ing on. We are much improved at the pitching position than previous years, but not good enough IMO to recover from a Game 1 loss from our ace.

Went to the Twins game last night and it was my first time @ Target Field. I've been to a I think 5 MLB stadiums, and this one is definitely atop my list. Lots of seats but still very intimate feeling, opens up to a great view of the city, there are lots of great standing room only spots, good food, and just overall a very nice atmosphere and a beautiful stadium.

Too bad they lost :(

20jiirc.jpg

oqwoyx.jpg

Edited by renaissance

If the Redskins hadn't won I'd still be livid about "My Padres" not making playoff

Very disappointing

As I sat with the Redskins game on TV and XX 1090 in background I heard Leitner say that the 10 game losing streak did it for Padres

Keep in mind before then Padres had not lost more than 3 games in a row or some antiquated statistic

That slump ruined Padre season and kept Giants in it

It''ll just be disappointing to wait until March to hear Ted, Andy, and Jerry Coleman (The Doctor) again. "My Padres"