Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wow on ESPN they were asking Kiper who is a QB Away From Contending

kiingspadee

:chair: Just could not be you know positive for a second or two. I mean it's nice to hear things like that once in awhile

It is nice to be positive but you gotta temper comments like that with realism. Our line is a bigger problem than our QB. No opponents respected our run or pass protection last year for good reason. It sure had to be fun playing D line against us.

Errr, a QB, an offensive line, a linebacker, maybe a corner, etc.?

We won't be in the playoffs for two years at the least.

How have the Redskins performed with other QB's playing in the regular season in recent years?

Unless a different QB plays and fails, you have no argument. It is merely wishful thinking.

I totally agree with this! We need an OL to contend, our QB is serviceable.

:dallasuck:gaintsuck:eaglesuck

The worst losing percentage in franchise history of any Redskins QB to play in as many games, yet he is serviceable. He accomplished this epic feat of failure during a span the Redskins made the playoffs twice without him.

oh lord everyone is getting so excited already and saying how good this team will be. Do they not understand that talent-wise the Redskins SUCKED last year. 4-12. Coaching was to blame, sure, so was other things such as talent level. The skins aren't a QB away even though it would help. They need A LOT of help.

The worst losing percentage in franchise history of any Redskins QB to play in as many games, yet he is serviceable. He accomplished this epic feat of failure during a span the Redskins made the playoffs twice without him.

If your counting the playoffs in 2005, Campbell was a rookie and didn't play that year, so that can't really count. And the playoff game we won that year vs. Tampa, we set the record for fewest total yards(120) in a playoff victory. So if you think our offense won that game for us your crazy. And then in 2007 when Collins led us to the playoffs after JC's injury, he did look better in that system than JC I admit that. But at that time our line was also playing better. But if you watched a game this year and think the bad offensive performance was JC's fault your crazy, there were plenty of times he couldn't even take a 3 step drop without getting hit. And ofcourse he is going to go through his reads quick and be impatient with that pitiful protection. A rookie QB would be a step back this year, not forward.

I think we're thin at LB as well, but OL is our biggest hole for sure.

Not sure where we are thin at LB if we are going to a 3-4. We have a good amount of guys who can play OLB in that situation, and I assume that it will be Rocky and London inside with Blades being a reserve.

Not sure where we are thin at LB if we are going to a 3-4. We have a good amount of guys who can play OLB in that situation, and I assume that it will be Rocky and London inside with Blades being a reserve.

I think we're real thin. We have Carter who isnt good, and guys that have either never played it (Orakpo, but I think he'll be real good) or guys that are trying to be converted from DE/DT (Jarmon Alexander) to play on the outside. Inside we have Fletcher and Blades, whom are kinda small and Rocky, whom is very small. And then there is the depth. We were thin running a 4-3 with depth. With a 3-4 I think we'll be REALLY thin. I dont want basically to have 4 starters and only 1 guy that is gonna have to sub for everyone and the starters being serious works in progress.

I think we're real thin. We have Carter who isnt good, and guys that have either never played it (Orakpo, but I think he'll be real good) or guys that are trying to be converted from DE/DT (Jarmon Alexander) to play on the outside. Inside we have Fletcher and Blades, whom are kinda small and Rocky, whom is very small. And then there is the depth. We were thin running a 4-3 with depth. With a 3-4 I think we'll be REALLY thin. I dont want basically to have 4 starters and only 1 guy that is gonna have to sub for everyone and the starters being serious works in progress.

I think adjusting for the scheme might be more of an issue than actual people.

OLB:

Orakpo

Wilson (Both got experience at LB last season)

Carter (Played one season in SF)

Curtis Gatewood (was on the Steelers PS last season. When he was last here, he was considered an option as a pass-rushing LB)

Lorenzo Alexander (never played LB)

ILB:

Macintosh

Fletcher

Blades

Henson

Unknown/camp bodies:

Alvin Bowen

Darrel Young

This is, of course, not including any rookies or FA castoffs from other teams. Not perfect perhaps, but I don't see it as a weakness so far.

Really? You guys are shocked and outraged that Kiper is optimistic about our chances with the right guy under center?

SIX of our twelve losses were by 6 points or less. That was with an offensive line in shambles and one of the worst playcallers in the league leading the way. Saying that we could be a roughly .500 team is not a bold prediction, especially when that hinges on us finding an upgrade to Campbell.

If our schedule weren't so ridiculously difficult in 2010, I would actually have been shocked if we finished worse than 8-8. With the schedule as it I figure the floor is probably around 6-10. That of course assumes we continue to address the offensive line in the draft and free agency (mostly taking chances on UDFAs at this point).

Errr, a QB, an offensive line, a linebacker, maybe a corner, etc.?

We won't be in the playoffs for two years at the least.

There you have it everyone, there is no point in watching this team for at least 2 years.

Go find another team to root for. Negative Nancy.

On the surface yeah, you'd have to say the O-line was horrible! But with more cut blocking and less of a reliance on power and more on finesse who knows? Maybe the staff can coach em up. And combined with a legitimate scheme on offense (unlike the one we ran that a high school coach could break down) we might actually be a threat. It's not like we were just blown off the field all year.

Archived