Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wow on ESPN they were asking Kiper who is a QB Away From Contending

kiingspadee

Peyton Manning on this team and we wouldn't win. He would be killed due to the line blocking in front of him

IMO this is the dumbest thing anyone can say, (not trying to take a shot at you) and it seems like you probably have a percentage of people agreeing with you too.

Colts Sacks Allowed:

1995 - 49

1996 - 43

1997 - 62

1998 - 21

1999 - 14

62 sacks? Yeesh.

Aaron Rodgers holds onto the ball too much but Campbell doesn't? Were we all napping when Campbell would take a three step drop and just stand there instead of releasing it?

i had stated in another thread (or earlier in this one- not sure which) that campbell one of 3 QB's who have a rep for holding the ball too long. and he has, no doubt.

its also been mentioned that rodgers had about half a second more from snap to sack than campbell, even with campbells league leading time after, i believe, week 2. roethlisberger had nearly a full second more. its been a problem with campbell, but as the season progressed, the line gave him less time. slow or not, he was getting killed.

profootballfocus, whose review of the skins was pretty accurate, IMO, had our tackles ranked 71st and 76th out of 77 in the league, easily the 2 worst tackles on one team in the NFL.

Good lord people, stop making excuses. The line sucked last year but when has Campbell ever proven that he's capable of producing even with talent?

i think you are confusing 2 arguments, which i did mention above. aaron or jason holding the ball too long and/or having a good line is independent of whether or not either one is a good QB. i think rodgers is great and can improvise as good as anyone. i think JC needs more time and cant improvise nearly as well.

Todd Collins played with two backups on his right side, one being a washed up Jason Fabini at Guard and a rookie Stephon Heyer at RT and led us to the playoffs. He understood the system and when to get rid of the ball. Our five season rookie still can't understand NFL offenses.

totally different scenario. and i like TC btw.

totally different scenario. and i like TC btw.

Please explain. Campbell was in his second year studying that offense and had the same weapons to work with as TC. TC comes in and the offense has an astronomical rise in production. The same offense and offensive line that looked like crap under Campbell, looked like a legitimate NFL offense under TC.

Matter of fact is that as much as our line sucks, that shouldn't take the blame away from Campbell being a lousy QB in general. A guy with his physical talents only struggles when he does not have the mental capability to understand the NFL game.

Please explain. Campbell was in his second year studying that offense and had the same weapons to work with as TC. TC comes in and the offense has an astronomical rise in production. The same offense and offensive line that looked like crap under Campbell, looked like a legitimate NFL offense under TC.
The offensive net ypg during the 0-4 streak of 2007 was identical to that of the 4-0 streak.
Matter of fact is that as much as our line sucks, that shouldn't take the blame away from Campbell being a lousy QB in general. A guy with his physical talents only struggles when he does not have the mental capability to understand the NFL game.
The only mental problem he has is that he tends to play tense. Prior to 2009 he was abysmal at dealing with blitzes, and pressure in general (whether from a blitz, or just the front 4), but in 2009 he beat blitzes more often than not, and was good about getting rid of the ball on time. However he does tned to play tense, which is what his inconsistent accuracy stems from. When he's relaxed, he's a good QB. When he isn't, he's not.

(Which isn't to say that he needs good protection to be relaxed, as the protection was poor in the Oakland game, but he was relaxed)

Regarding Rodgers, they ran far more 5-7 step drops than we did, and Rodgers did tend to hold onto the ball longer. His Oline got better as the year went on, and down the stretch, he had GREAT protection. In the playoff game, he was sacked 5 times, but his protection was great that game. Here are the times he was sacked......

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...s-Packers-2009

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-m...ds-pull-it-out

All 5 of them were self-inflicted. Campbell had a similar number of self-inflicted sacks all year.

I think right now with Campbell the Skins are a 7-9 to 9-7 team and they will compete for a playoff spot this year. No doubt in my mind. A great coach makes all the difference in the world.

I'm not sure who will be our starting QB this season, but I agree about the playoff run Atlass. We played the best teams in the NFL toe to toe with the worst coach in the league, the worst O-line in the league and with many key starters out for the year. Everything that could be against a team came against us, and we still could and should have won many of those games. I don't care who we play this year, this team has a very good chance of beating them with the coaching staff we have now.

The offensive net ypg during the 0-4 streak of 2007 was identical to that of the 4-0 streak.
The offensive net might have been the same, but the average points per game wasn't even close Stallion, and neither was the win/loss percentage. Net yards mean absolutely nothing unless you can capitalize on them and put points on the board. Because of our defense, just averaging 20-23 points a game was all we needed to win, and we did win once we started scoring those points. You know yourself that stats don't show many things about a QB's play.

Jason might of had decent stats, but his play, leadership and confidence wasn't on at all. This looked and felt like a totally different football team under TC, and the truth is they were a different football team. They were good enough to win the division if Collins would have been our starting QB that year. If we would have got home field advantage in just one playoff game, there was a good possibility that this team could have went to the Superbowl that year, and that is reality speaking, not the kool-aid lol. If we can get that kind of QB play this season out of who ever starts, this is going to be a much better team then many people are expecting

It is nice to be positive but you gotta temper comments like that with realism. Our line is a bigger problem than our QB. No opponents respected our run or pass protection last year for good reason. It sure had to be fun playing D line against us.

You do understand that our run and pass protection schemes last year were designed by in over his head Zorn, don't you?

This won't be the case this year so opponents will be bringing plenty of respect.

Peyton Manning on this team and we wouldn't win. He would be killed due to the line blocking in front of him

I'm don't agree since Peyton's ability to see the whole field and get rid of the ball quicker than JC would cause defensive coordinators to think twice about blitzing all the time.

Errr, a QB, an offensive line, a linebacker, maybe a corner, etc.?

We won't be in the playoffs for two years at the least.

A QB and Oline i agree with, a corner, not so much i wanna see what Barnes can do. A linebacker would help, but honestly i can see us contending with a stud rookie QB and a new LT and maybe a guard and another tackle and a center lol

A QB and Oline i agree with, a corner, not so much i wanna see what Barnes can do. A linebacker would help, but honestly i can see us contending with a stud rookie QB and a new LT and maybe a guard and another tackle and a center lol

Hahaha, so you see my optimism's predicament!

Archived