Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Blog: Colt Brennan Sees Potential In A Familiar Situation

TSO

I'm not a Colt hater, I would love to see him make me eat crow, but I don't believe he's a quality starting QB in the NFL.

No problem, you don't have to be part of the Cult....You don't even have to eat crow.

Someone from the Cult can send you up some huli-huli chicken instead.....and if the Cult is wrong about Colt, send us some overpriced Legal's lobster and chowda.

I have never really made a comment about this whole CB craze (I don't think) since he arrived.

But, I've never understood how/why so many guys are so passionate about, and spend so much time commenting and posting on behalf of this kid.

Don't get me wrong, I don't wish anything bad on CB, I actually hope that he somehow could turn out to be a diamond in the rough and lead our team to a championship. But, I just don't understand how a guy coming out of college (who has done nothing in the NFL) has been able to take up so much space on a Redskins message board.

Welcome to the magic that is Colt Brennan!

I think we'll really know what CB's future is under Shannahan.

He knows QBs much better than Zorn, and if he really thinks that Colt has a shot, we'll find out soon enough.

I can agree and can't wait to see what happens. Could be that I just miss football, but can you blame me?

Wait...isn't "magic" making things appear when there isn't anything there? Or do you mean when someone fools people into thinking there is something there when there isn't something?

MT, I usually respect your posts, even the ones in the Cult (although I don't always agree with you). To answer your question, Colt's magic is:

Replace "creatures" with the word "haters".

Wait...isn't "magic" making things appear when there isn't anything there? Or do you mean when someone fools people into thinking there is something there when there isn't something?

No MT, magic is 400-500 yds a game and 4 or 5 TD's. He get's a whole game and POOF, magic!:cool:

My hope is that we draft Okung, and that indeed Shanahan has an open mind about letting the best player win.

I have no doubt that Colt Brennan is the most talented quarterback on our roster, is a born leader and potentially a great player.

Brennan generates a lot of opposition from fans who don't like his Hawaii/California background and the image that connotes. It makes certain people suspicious and resentful. Certain reporters may be biased against him as well, for whatever reasons.

But given a chance, there is no doubt in my mind he will excel.

Campbell is a lame duck and Grossman is erratic. Any rook whether it be Bradford (unlikely) or Clausen (likely) starts behind the 8-ball. Colt has a terrific shot to emerge. But its his last one. Down in Tampa, Bruce and Chucky stockpiled QBs and let them shoot it out. I see the same scenario unfolding here.

Colt Brennan is garbage until he proves otherwise

Funny, JC has proven he is garbage while Colt hasn't been given a chance to prove anything. Yet, some on this board would rather stick with the proven garbage and imagine Colt is no better without seeing any proof. Makes you wonder who the real fans are: the ones who want everyone in the B&G to have a true, fair chance to make this team better, or the ones that don't want to give a player any chance because of some bias or prejudice???

Sellers certainly didn't seem to have a problem with playing Robin to CP's Batman until the media start to pay some attention to him.

Go COLT:point2sky!!!

Sellers did go to the pro bowl. Will we see Colt there? Only if its back in Hawaii, and he will be in the stands, just like he was this year.

Wait...isn't "magic" making things appear when there isn't anything there?

You mean like when JC thinks he had an awesome season?

Or do you mean when someone fools people into thinking there is something there when there isn't something?

You mean like when JC throws the ball to a WR that is thrown either to their feet or over their heads?

Funny, JC has proven he is garbage while Colt hasn't been given a chance to prove anything. Yet, some on this board would rather stick with the proven garbage and imagine Colt is no better without seeing any proof. Makes you wonder who the real fans are: the ones who want everyone in the B&G to have a true, fair chance to make this team better, or the ones that don't want to give a player any chance because of some bias or prejudice???

I remember when JC had 3 consecutive RED ZONE INTS in 3 consecutive games...one of which was from the 3 yard line and returned for a 97 yd TD. I also remember when JC was battling Chase Daniel for both a roster spot and 3rd on the QB depth chart...and almost losing to the undrafted Chase Daniel.

Wait............................that was Colt Brennan. My bad...

I remember when JC had 3 consecutive RED ZONE INTS in 3 consecutive games...one of which was from the 3 yard line and returned for a 97 yd TD. I also remember when JC was battling Chase Daniel for both a roster spot and 3rd on the QB depth chart...and almost losing to the undrafted Chase Daniel.

Since preseason means everything and all....

BTW, Campbell's 2nd preseasons statistics aren't all that great either

0 TD's, 2 INT's, 50% comp, 50.3 PR

There numbers really aren't that different. The only big difference is Colt showed moments of brilliance while Campbell showed nothing. Don't forget Colt threw one of, if not the, best passes we saw from a Redskins QB last year. Perfect ball to Marko Mitchell, put it in the bread basket.

You probably also remember the last game against Dallas where the team led by Brennan had a total of ten drives. The first was an interception, followed by eight punts, and concluding with a turnover on downs. Brennan couldn't even get the team into the red zone.

Wait...............................That was JC. My bad.

You probably also remember the last game against Dallas where the team led by Brennan had a total of ten drives. The first was an interception, followed by eight punts, and concluding with a turnover on downs. Brennan couldn't even get the team into the red zone.

Wait...............................That was JC. My bad.

I've never understood why Colt fans think pointing out a horrible performance by JC makes a horrible performance by Brennan look better. :silly:

Archived