Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Blog: Colt Brennan Sees Potential In A Familiar Situation

TSO

We'll know if Colt or JC has potential with this team after the April mini-camp. If skins draft a QB at 4 then JC or Colt didn't impress them and they felt we needed a QB. If Colt or JC shows promise then we will go OT and a QB later in the draft.

Then the team chose to keep him OVER Chase, even though he was injured, because they felt he has more potential and upside. THAT's the facts, It doesn't matter what ALMOST happened.

No, Zorn chose to keep Colt, because Colt was Zorn's hand picked draft project. The Zorn project failed miserably and I don't expect Colt's outcome to be any different either.

Looking forward to what he can show. Honestly, looking at schemes, injuries and style of play, I don't see a big difference between Bradford and Brennan. I hope he can take advantage of any opportunity he's given.

The big differences between Bradford and Brennan are 1.) Sam's arm strength is NFL caliber, while Colt's arm strength, not so much. 2.) Sam's decision making, while Colt displayed in the red zone in preseason last year that his decision making isn't NFL quality, that or he believes he has the arm strength to make throws, when he clearly doesn't have the arm to make certain throws.

No, Zorn chose to keep Colt, because Colt was Zorn's hand picked draft project. The Zorn project failed miserably and I don't expect Colt's outcome to be any different either.

The big differences between Bradford and Brennan are 1.) Sam's arm strength is NFL caliber, while Colt's arm strength, not so much. 2.) Sam's decision making, while Colt displayed in the red zone in preseason last year that his decision making isn't NFL quality, that or he believes he has the arm strength to make throws, when he clearly doesn't have the arm to make certain throws.

I think your analogy of Brennan is flawed. Any and all QBs coming out of college and playing in first preseason game will more than likely make those mistakes. Their thinking is that they are good enough to make that play.

Brennan's first preseason was successful as you may know. Last preseason was viewed by you and others as totally bad on Colts' part. I strongly disagree with you and others who take that approach.

What Colt did last preseason was to get a feel for running the 2 minute drill. Plus, the guy was injured. Bringing in another rookie QB is not too smart, if we do just that.

Wait What??? Zorn kept Colt on IR because he was his project. A project doesn't do any good to a coach if he is on IR. Plus the only project Zorn had was called JC. I doubt it was Zorn's idea to keep Colt. An injury settlement would have been a lot cheaper.

As far as your rant goes for Bradford you are comparing oranges and apples here. You are assuming that Bradford would have done a better job in the same situation even when he is not even an NFL player yet. So let's not count your chickens before they are hatched. Ok.

I keep hearing about Colt's arm strength - as TK alluded while back that should no longer be an issue with him being healthy after two years.

Hopefully Colt can backup his talk and show the coaches what he can do.

I think your analogy of Brennan is flawed. Any and all QBs coming out of college and playing in first preseason game will more than likely make those mistakes. Their thinking is that they are good enough to make that play.

Brennan's first preseason was successful as you may know. Last preseason was viewed by you and others as totally bad on Colts' part. I strongly disagree with you and others who take that approach.

What Colt did last preseason was to get a feel for running the 2 minute drill. Plus, the guy was injured. Bringing in another rookie QB is not too smart, if we do just that.

Keeping the QB situation the same if Bradford is available at #4 is not too smart either. Bradford has all the makings of being the franchise QB this organization has been searching for decades. None of the QBs on the roster currently are going to be the QB the Skins need to lead them to a Super Bowl victory.

I'm going to trust both Shanahan's on which QB they believe is best, whether it be Campbell, Grossman, Colt, or if the Skins need to draft a QB in this year's draft, which I believe they will.

I keep hearing about Colt's arm strength - as TK alluded while back that should no longer be an issue with him being healthy after two years.

Hopefully Colt can backup his talk and show the coaches what he can do.

We'll see how his arm strength is now that's he's finally 100%. I still don't believe he has the NFL arm required to make every throw on the field.

Also, all we've heard for 2+ years now is talk, never has a player been more over-hyped for doing nothing when it matters. I'm not a Colt hater, I would love to see him make me eat crow, but I don't believe he's a quality starting QB in the NFL. I'm not a Campbell fan either, Shanahan is going to have to find a QB in the draft to be the leader of his offense because that leader currently is not on the roster.

What, he believes in himself too much?

Just stop, you need to re-read the quote and think about what you're asking. It has nothing to do with believing in himself and all to do with thinking you're a top player without putting in the time and taking a regular season snap.

I hope his head is in the right place, he puts in the work and Shanny can do something with him because we need a QB.

Keeping the QB situation the same if Bradford is available at #4 is not too smart either. Bradford has all the makings of being the franchise QB this organization has been searching for decades. None of the QBs on the roster currently are going to be the QB the Skins need to lead them to a Super Bowl victory.

I'm going to trust both Shanahan's on which QB they believe is best, whether it be Campbell, Grossman, Colt, or if the Skins need to draft a QB in this year's draft, which I believe they will.

I don't believe in drafting "franchise QBs" for several reasons. Case in point, Jason Campbell, billed as a "franchise QB". I think Joe Gibbs laid a goose egg with that selection. I believe you get just as much out of a lower picked QB as you do with a higher picked QB. When the need is more obvious to draft offensive linemen, drafting a "franchise QB" is pot luck, as most positions are. But I would roll the dice with the fat guys first. Great protection can make moderately good QBs better.

The argument that we have enough good QBs already on the roster is a fair assumption. Give them protection and most of them will benefit from it.

Just stop, you need to re-read the quote and think about what you're asking. It has nothing to do with believing in himself and all to do with thinking you're a top player without putting in the time and taking a regular season snap.

I hope his head is in the right place, he puts in the work and Shanny can do something with him because we need a QB.

I don't get that at all from his quote. He wants to be a starter in the league, he wants to be a top level player, so he's holding himself to the same standards that they do in order to prepare better for the season. I don't think he views himself as a top player, i think he's doing everything he can in order to become one as quick as possible.

Hey 1,000 posts!!!!

Damn i was expecting balloons to pop out of my keyboard or something. . .

this guy has been the biggest zero in recent Redskins history.

I can't think of a player that has been written about more and done less.

I have never really made a comment about this whole CB craze (I don't think) since he arrived.

But, I've never understood how/why so many guys are so passionate about, and spend so much time commenting and posting on behalf of this kid.

Don't get me wrong, I don't wish anything bad on CB, I actually hope that he somehow could turn out to be a diamond in the rough and lead our team to a championship. But, I just don't understand how a guy coming out of college (who has done nothing in the NFL) has been able to take up so much space on a Redskins message board.

I have a different interpretation of that quote than you... And he has put in the time. He has added what,18 pounds of muscle since joining the Redskins, and increased his arm strength noticeably... Yes the kid is brash, but I have no problem with it...BTW, he would have taken regular season snaps last year, but he was on IR.

I have a different interpretation of that quote than you... And he has put in the time. He has added what,18 pounds of muscle since joining the Redskins, and increased his arm strength noticeably... Yes the kid is brash, but I have no problem with it...BTW, he would have taken regular season snaps last year, but he was on IR.

That is pure speculation. He couldn't even beat out Collins in training camp and had a horrible pre-season yet you think he would have been put in the game instead of TC after JC was pulled .:ols:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NfL&id=4676

Ex-Redskins coach Jim Zorn reportedly wanted to cut QB Colt Brennan before the 2009 season started.

Brennan had a miserable 2009, playing poorly in three straight preseason games before landing on injured reserve with a torn labrum in his hip. He's also turned off some members of the organization with a ****y attitude (despite his lack of NFL success). Brennan isn't the quarterback of the future, and he may not make the team in 2010.

Or how about this story from the same link....

ESPN's Matt Mosley says that Colt Brennan's roster spot is in jeopardy now that Rex Grossman is on board.

Brennan was a bigger hit with the fans than he was with the team. The 2008 sixth-round pick out of Hawaii couldn't beat out Todd Collins last season and is undoubtedly behind Grossman now. The Redskins are also expected to draft a quarterback of the future.

Ex-Redskins coach Jim Zorn reportedly wanted to cut QB Colt Brennan before the 2009 season started.

Brennan had a miserable 2009, playing poorly in three straight preseason games before landing on injured reserve with a torn labrum in his hip. He's also turned off some members of the organization with a ****y attitude (despite his lack of NFL success). Brennan isn't the quarterback of the future, and he may not make the team in 2010.

As of today, CB is on the team and JC is not.

As of today, CB is on the team and JC is not.

That is 100% false. If he's not on the team then why is he still listed on the roster? He has until June 15th to sign his tender. If he doesn't sign it, then he will be a FA or, of course, he could then be cut but until at least June 15th he is still on the team.

ESPN's Matt Mosley says that Colt Brennan's roster spot is in jeopardy now that Rex Grossman is on board.

Brennan was a bigger hit with the fans than he was with the team. The 2008 sixth-round pick out of Hawaii couldn't beat out Todd Collins last season and is undoubtedly behind Grossman now. The Redskins are also expected to draft a quarterback of the future.

We were 4 and 12 last year, Brennan would have played the last few games to get a look at him... And lol at Matt Mosley, he still thinks Campbell is a franchise QB...What are the anti Brennan people going to do when it comes out the Shanahans like Colt... Should be fun...

Well I have another piece of info for the Genius that wrote this great piece of work. Everybody job is in jeopardy. Shan will play the best guys on the roster no more of this naming starters, before the season even starts. For ones there will be real competition at all spots, If he did not think Colt had a chance he would be gone. Colt has a chance like everybody else.

We were 4 and 12 last year, Brennan would have played the last few games to get a look at him... And lol at Matt Mosley, he still thinks Campbell is a franchise QB...What are the anti Brennan people going to do when it comes out the Shanahans like Colt... Should be fun...

Dude chill...I'm not against Brennan as our QB if that's what the Shanny's want. I was simply trying to point out, the last 2 years have been less than stellar for him because of a lot of reasons, including himself. Nobody is going to get a pass under the new regime.

Uh you must have missed this part..."I acted like I was a top player in the NFL"

And you must have missed your reading classes when they taught reading comprehension. When a person says they "acted" like something, they are in fact saying that they are NOT that something, hence why they "acted" that way.

Archived