Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Random Opinion: Chiefs want to trade up from #5 to #3 to draft Clausen (met)

VinceGeorgeJoe

Clausen's college coach (Weis) is KC's new offensive coordinator and wants the kid badly. They may have signed Matt Cassel to a humongous deal last year, but they can cut him after the 2010 season without serious cap ramnifications -- so that's no hindrance. They figure the Redskins want Clausen at 4 and have the perfect trade partner at # 3 in Tampa Bay. The Bucs would still get the guy they want (Eric Berry) at 5, so it's a no-brainer. The Redskins could very likely end up with Okung by default...unless they get proactive and make a deal with Tampa themselves. Think the Bucs want to help Bruce Allen?

Cassel was very good in '08 running the New England offense and now they have the Pats old coordinator calling the plays so I don't think he's going anywhere. I think (and at least hope) our Fo realizes that we don't have the picks to move up. If Clausen is there then great, if not then let Okung fall to us and draft Colt in Rd 2.

Sounds like a bunch of nonsense pre-contrived just because Weis is now in KC?

The word is Tampa wants Suh, so why risk losing him to us? I would snag Suh in a heartbeat if both QB's are gone when we pick and Suh is still on the board, I think he's going to become a dominant force in the NFL in the likes of Reggie White.

It's amazing how easy it is to cut players in whom you have committed a boat load of money to after 1 season when your not the one paying the bills.

This could work out really well for us. If the draft went... Bradford, Okung, Clausen... (Many say Okung will go to Det because they have to protect their franchise qb) then, We'd have Suh, McCoy, and Berry sitting in our laps who many predicted should be the overall No. 1 pick and by far the best prospects in the draft.

That means we either get the best prospect or have a ton of suitors for a trade.

Two words, let them. I scrap the whole draft a QB thng if Bradford is gone. I don't reach for Clausen. Maybe next year get Ryan Mallett or Jake Locker if Campbell is done as "not the future". But I think if they re trading up it's for Okung, I see no reason they take Clausen after mking a huge investmnt in Cassel. Besides it was Pioli and Todd Haley who both had time with Cassel in NE who were behnd that trade, I doubt they're giving up on him

Archived