Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Random Opinion: Chiefs want to trade up from #5 to #3 to draft Clausen (met)

VinceGeorgeJoe

I guess you could make the argument that Bradford and pickle boy won't be there when the Chiefs' draft- but with the money they already have invested in the position and the fact that there are so many great non-QB players in the draft, I just don't see it.

Does the OP have any kind of evidence other than opinion?

I Would guess Seattle would want to move up to our spot because they would want to get Clausen if Bradford is gone at 1. They have 2 first rounders to bargin with #6 and #14, also San fran with #13 an #17 could want a young rookie QB for the future after trading away Hill.

Suh falling to us is a pipe dream and you should feel ashamed to tug at the heart strings of skins fans. Albert and Suh? No, not going to happen.

Orakpo was a pipe dream last year. What's stranger? A sequence of events where:

- the Rams take a QB first (fairly likely),

- the Lions address a need position with a clean prospect like Okung after they've made trades to bolster the defensive line (less likely but still a fair chance of happening),

- and then the Bucs either take McCoy who they might have ranked higher or trade their pick to another team looking to leapfrog us for a QB (not very likely but possible)

OR

- the Chiefs perform a massive reach with the third overall pick and take a lesser rated 5 technique

- the Browns take 50 cents on the dollar to trade their pick to a team who ends up taking a QB at a spot most had projected Orakpo to go

- Oakland performs a stunningly enormous reach to select a late first round receiver leaving one of the only players ranked higher than Orakpo on the board

- Green Bay flips a coin and ends up with Raji instead of Orakpo

- Crabtree still being on the board through an Oakland blunder, SF goes BPA at a position of need and it's not Orakpo

- For some inexplicable reason, Buffalo takes Aaron Maybin instead of Orakpo to fill the same position

- And Denver decides to try and address their incredibly shaky front 7 through FA and with later draft picks and drafts a RB instead of the pass rusher they were widely thought to need.

I'd say the second sequence of events is far more unlikely than the first. We've got a small chance at Suh. Stranger things HAVE happened.

Orakpo was a pipe dream last year. What's stranger? A sequence of events where:

- the Rams take a QB first (fairly likely),

- the Lions address a need position with a clean prospect like Okung after they've made trades to bolster the defensive line (less likely but still a fair chance of happening),

- and then the Bucs either take McCoy who they might have ranked higher or trade their pick to another team looking to leapfrog us for a QB (not very likely but possible)

OR

- the Chiefs perform a massive reach with the third overall pick and take a lesser rated 5 technique

- the Browns take 50 cents on the dollar to trade their pick to a team who ends up taking a QB at a spot most had projected Orakpo to go

- Oakland performs a stunningly enormous reach to select a late first round receiver leaving one of the only players ranked higher than Orakpo on the board

- Green Bay flips a coin and ends up with Raji instead of Orakpo

- Crabtree still being on the board through an Oakland blunder, SF goes BPA at a position of need and it's not Orakpo

- For some inexplicable reason, Buffalo takes Aaron Maybin instead of Orakpo to fill the same position

- And Denver decides to try and address their incredibly shaky front 7 through FA and with later draft picks and drafts a RB instead of the pass rusher they were widely thought to need.

I'd say the second sequence of events is far more unlikely than the first. We've got a small chance at Suh. Stranger things HAVE happened.

yeah but think about that. us getting orakpo was considered the biggest reach ever. its pretty doubtful to think another scenario like that happens AGAIN next year.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived