Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What makes everyone so sure we take QB early in draft???

FatboysSkins

Did we release Ganther while I was in the shower? :whoknows:

Last I heard, they were not going to tender him, making him a unrestricted FA.

I believe that means he is still on the team until someone tries to sign him. I dont see this happening however. At best, he is 4th on any teams depth chart. Given the disaster of last year at the position, he touched the ball a little, but really, he is not a solution to anything.

Did we release Ganther while I was in the shower? :whoknows:

I believe that means he is still on the team until someone tries to sign him. I dont see this happening however. At best, he is 4th on any teams depth chart. Given the disaster of last year at the position, he touched the ball a little, but really, he is not a solution to anything.

As of right now Quinton Ganther is still a Redskin. So until Shanny decides otherwise or somebody tries to get him from the Skins, he's currently on the active roster and depth chart.

The football Gods and hopefully the Rams can save the Redskins from making the glamour big splash in the draft and address the O line early and often.

100% agree, I hope we take OL with our 1st and 2nd pick. I'd really love to trade down though.

The football Gods and hopefully the Rams can save the Redskins from making the glamour big splash in the draft and address the O line early and often.

At this point in time I hope the Redskins spend all 5 picks on the OL, and all of next years picks on the OL...you heard me, no other position. So that if JC is still here, we will know then whether he should be or not.

So sick of this we don't have any OL, like the cries for DL year in and year out for 10 yrs...even while the Skins offense sucked horribly...there's always something to ***** about and this fan base has no problem finding it.

Oh and if Chris Samuels can vouch for Stephon Heyer, then I'm all for him being here unlike a lot of people. I trust Chris, have for 10 yrs, so I'm gonna continue to back his decisions and feelings about things. Hail.

What is the point in using up resources we do not have and need for other more pressing areas on another RB(s) - especially with what looks like an OL for 2010 that is still in need of much repair/upgrade.

Ganther ran hard for us as did Rock. They're not long term solutions but they do have value. Do you think Mike Williams is any kind of long term solution or pretty much any OL FA we bring in that will not require compensation.

Save the wear and tear and use what we have until we have a much better OL in place and that will take at least another offseason/draft.

I think there are certain patterns you can pick out by seeing who they've talked to. First, I think it's a solid assumption that Shany wants to rebuild the running game and that's a priority for him. With all of the talk about Montario Hardesty, I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted him in a mid-round range and look to get him heavily involved by the season. Don't be surprised if he tries to get the run game going before attempting to establish the complex passing offense.

I also think we're going to see a bit of a change in offensive philosophy as far as the running game is concerned because Shanahan is going after bigger linemen like Tony Pashos and he resigned Mike Williams. I think he wants to go bigger than what he did in Denver now that he's not as constricted by the altitude. He was making this change before he got here, since he did draft a huge lineman in Ryan Clady in 2008. Bigger linemen also mean he can incorporate more in line and man blocking and not worry about his line not being able to win their individual matchups. That means guys like Mike Iupati, John Jerry, Anthony Davis, Chris Scott, and Vladimir Ducasse are all very much on the table, and he might try and draft some linemen earlier than he used to.

Lastly, it's become clear as day that we're moving towards a 3-4 front and I would expect us to draft some personnel that match the scheme. Don't be surprised if we take a nose tackle as early as the second round. I wouldn't expect us to take one in the first unless we trade down a bit since Dan Williams isn't very good value at 4 at all.

In the offseason of 2008, longtime starting Left Tackle for the Broncos Matt Lepsis suddenly retired, leaving Shanahan a void at LT to anchor their OL. He selected Ryan Clady with the 12th overall pick in the draft. A player that many compared to a young Chris Samuels.

In the offseason of 2010, longtime starting Left Tackle for the Redskins Chris Samuels suddenly retired, leaving Shanahan a void at LT to anchor their OL....

Okung at 4 is looking like an option more and more to me. We most definately could be targeting a QB. Just not in the 1st. Clausen would be the choice imo as of now if we did.

The Lions traded for a DT with Cleveland, so they are not likely to need Suh or McCoy and their next biggest need is OT. I expect Okung to be gone by our pick.

Also, I don't think that bringing in OT's means that we won't still go that direction in the draft.

The Lions traded for a DT with Cleveland, so they are not likely to need Suh or McCoy and their next biggest need is OT. I expect Okung to be gone by our pick.

Also, I don't think that bringing in OT's means that we won't still go that direction in the draft.

The Lions could also be looking for someone to trade up to their spot to pick up Suh or even McCoy. Something crazy always ends up happening in the draft. They need an LT but they might think #2 is too high for Okung. Too bad they aren't the Raiders or they would take Campbell because he ran a 4.8 40. :ols:

It's like building a brick house, the corner stone in your first line of bricks is the key. JC is not the key we need. We may not draft a QB at #4 (I'm not sure), but it looks that way.

And when building an arch the keystone is the one that holds everything together. But you put that in AFTER you have the rest of the supporting structure built. Otherwise, it is pointless.

In the offseason of 2008, longtime starting Left Tackle for the Broncos Matt Lepsis suddenly retired, leaving Shanahan a void at LT to anchor their OL. He selected Ryan Clady with the 12th overall pick in the draft. A player that many compared to a young Chris Samuels.

In the offseason of 2010, longtime starting Left Tackle for the Redskins Chris Samuels suddenly retired, leaving Shanahan a void at LT to anchor their OL....

In 2005 we paid way too much to draft JC and we know where that got us.

In 2005 we paid way too much to draft JC and we know where that got us.

Apples and Oranges. Try to stay with the logical tract.

If anything, JC compares to Cutler and the reach that Shanny made for him cos he was "desperate" for an upgrade at QB and wasn't satisfied with Plummer and going 13-3 in 2005.

Hubris is a ***** sometimes...

Apples and Oranges. Try to stay with the logical tract.

If anything, JC compares to Cutler and the reach that Shanny made for him cos he was "desperate" for an upgrade at QB and wasn't satisfied with Plummer and going 13-3 in 2005.

Hubris is a ***** sometimes...

Well it got us 19-32 with 6-18 in the last 24, wahoo that was worth it.

:doh:

Well it got us 19-32 with 6-18 in the last 24, wahoo that was worth it.

What the hell does this reply have to do with what Oldskool posted, or even what the OP posted for that matter.

You know it's starting to get really sad that the same old group of JC bashers (yes that would include you thoroughbed), feel the need to consistently drag this same **** into every single thread, ad nauseam. :2cents:

What the hell does this reply have to do with what Oldskool posted, or even what the OP posted for that matter.

You know it's starting to get really sad that the same old group of JC bashers (yes that would include you thoroughbed), feel the need to consistently drag this same **** into every single thread, ad nauseam. :2cents:

In my opinion it does so re-read the thread OR put me on ignore

HTTR!

:point2sky

I think even if you see something in Campbell, if you like a qb that you rate as being the next great one qb you have to draft him. Certainly the redskins are planning to draft this high in any time in near future and you can usually address other position via trade or fa but it's ver rare that you can address the qb position the same way

In my opinion it does so re-read the thread OR put me on ignore

HTTR!

:point2sky

I don't get why you use the "ignore" feature as a sort of "get out of jail free" card. You post something, someone calls you on it and asks you to clarify, and then you say "well if you don't like it, just put me on ignore". Weaksauce.

Archived