Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

106.7: Lorenzo Alexander to get multi year deal. Updated. Signed.(M.E.T.)

dfbovey

Dude, he is a ****ing Swiss army knife. Guy can fit in every hole.

Amen to that. I think alot of people underestimate just how athletic he is. At 300 lbs, he was a force on kickoffs and was a monsters as a situational pass rusher at DT. I really am intrigued as to how he could play with 30-40 lbs shed from his frame.

I personally think we could be in for a treat if it works out ..

Dude, he is a ****ing Swiss army knife. Guy can fit in every hole.

Obviously our football people agree with you if he's going to be getting a multi year deal. I thought DE would have been his fit but I'm interested to see the new and improved Alexander at OLB.

I always wondered if he could be converted to O-line. Maybe a guard. Seems like he had the right build and enough agility to be a good pulling one and with our lack of players he might finally find his role.

Glad that he's sticking for a while though. I like workers. Time to reward effort and not names.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-free-agency-blog-030410

Source: Alexander staying with Skins — 7:00 a.m.

At least one of Washington’s 10 restricted free agents will be around for the long haul.

A source told FOXSports.com that linebacker Lorenzo Alexander has agreed to a three-year contract. Financial terms weren’t disclosed.

Alexander began emerging as a difference-maker on defense during his third season with Washington in 2009. He notched 23 tackles and two sacks as part of Washington’s defensive line rotation. He will be converting to outside linebacker in Washington’s new 3-4 scheme.

Alexander, 26, entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with Baltimore in 2006. The 6-foot-1, 297-pound Alexander was released and then signed by the Redskins, where he played on the offensive line and on special teams in 2007 before settling into a defensive role.

Alexander was tendered Thursday by Washington with a right-of-first-refusal offer that would require no draft pick compensation.

— Alex Marvez

Per PFT:

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 5, 2010 7:19 AM ET

Just hours after the Washington Redskins applied a right-of-first-refusal tender to linebacker Lorenzo Alexander, the team and the player agreed to a new contract.

Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com that Alexander has agreed to a three-year contract. Financial terms weren't disclosed.

Alexander played in all 16 games for the Redskins in 2009 and recorded two sacks. He initially played on the offensive line with the Redskins in 2007 and has played on the defensive line for the last two years but is expected to move to outside linebacker as the Redskins switch to a 3-4 defense in 2010.

He's our Vrabel.

:yes:

Will Chad and Lavar speak of this as its the Skins taking care of one of their own? Prob not.

It would ruin their same ol' Redskins rant. Dan Synder is :evil:look at how they did me ..poor LaVerne.But rather expose them for the no talent hacks they are:ols:.

Congratulations to you One Man gang:point2sky

You have been a helluva player for us and hope that you have many more productive years with us.

F.Y.I-Carlos this is how you get that 2nd contract:)

The skins resigned Lorenzo Alexander earlier this year as a linebacker. He will be converting from his situational pass rushing DT role on the defense.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/lorenzo-alexander-staying-with.html

He has shown to be very valuable as a 4-3 DT and on special teams but his play to me doesn't see like he has the wheels to play LB. At almost 300lbs what kind of position change is this? I would have thought moving him to the 3-4 DE position would have been a perfect fit for him. Any thoughts.

What is Lorenzo's "natural" position? He's played OL, DE, DT and now he's moveing to LB. On the Dline he had some rudimentary pass protection responsibilities when Skins used to call some zone blitzes under Williams (I seem to recall he pulled a hammy trying to cover someone). As a LB I think he'll be on the field more for running plays.

This was my original thought... WHy would they move this big guy to LB.... He will get exposed. Please don't let him get caught having to cover someone. It's a wrap if that happens. Move has me very confused.

:secret:

It's all in how the system is run.

Archived