Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

106.7: Lorenzo Alexander to get multi year deal. Updated. Signed.(M.E.T.)

dfbovey

The Redskins of late have to lead the league in taking players out of their natural defensive lineman position and attempting to convert them into linebackers.

Yea.

Isnt that what proved to be the downfall of Lavar Arrington ??

:evilg:

BTW- Like your signature.

How come we havent heard from Mr Riggins this offseason?

:pfft:

The skins resigned Lorenzo Alexander earlier this year as a linebacker. He will be converting from his situational pass rushing DT role on the defense.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/lorenzo-alexander-staying-with.html

He has shown to be very valuable as a 4-3 DT and on special teams but his play to me doesn't see like he has the wheels to play LB. At almost 300lbs what kind of position change is this? I would have thought moving him to the 3-4 DE position would have been a perfect fit for him. Any thoughts.

We don't know how they plan to use Los as a 3-4 OLB.

But, keep in mind that many 3-4 OLB often play with their hand in the dirt like in the picture below Suggs the 'OLB' is on the far Left in a 4 point stance. -BTW Suggs basically declared himself a DE when it came time to contract talks last year. So often the label 3-4 OLB vs DE is often very narrow.

l_2f5b7d11ac21439aa3b6bfbdc5d80e38.jpg

I can easily imagine Alexander on playing OLB on run downs setting the edge or down on the LOS holding the point.

I am not sure about him as a LB but man you have to love h ow this guy plays he is a hard working contributor who will most likely never be a superstar but man i love the guy

The Skins' need more players like him. He will do whatever is asked of him, he will work hard and give his absolute best!

he's being made an example of (not that he doesn't deserve it) ... but I think like many who were clamoring for Shanahan to "make a statement" by releasing CP, etc. ... Alexander is the example being set by this new staff. if you work hard, are a team player and are willing to do anything asked of you for the betterment of the team, you will be rewarded.

He is a VERY athletic guy for his size, the thought of him trimming down to the 280lb range has me very interested in seeing how much more athletic he might be. HAIL.

I don't think he was actually 300 lbs last year. That was his weight when he was a DT. I thought I heard about him losing weight to get quicker for his transition to DE before last season. That being said, I think he has a build where dropping 15 pounds shouldn't be tough for him and he should be great agains tteh run in a 3-4.

I have to admit that I never thought Lorenzo Alexander was worth all of the love. Man, the guy just gets accolades from everyone though. He must be doing more than I've noticed.

Dude's the man. I've seen him at FB, TE, OL, DE, and DT and he's a beast on special teams.

he's being made an example of (not that he doesn't deserve it) ... but I think like many who were clamoring for Shanahan to "make a statement" by releasing CP, etc. ... Alexander is the example being set by this new staff. if you work hard, are a team player and are willing to do anything asked of you for the betterment of the team, you will be rewarded.

He is a VERY athletic guy for his size, the thought of him trimming down to the 280lb range has me very interested in seeing how much more athletic he might be. HAIL.

This is my favorite aspect of his signing. I love it!

Archived