Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA vs. Canada Gold Medal Hype Thread (Game CHAT)

Ghost of

Congrats guys, that was a hell of a game. I am happy my canadian brothers won, but if we would have lost I would have been happier to see the gold to to the U.S. than Russia or any other country. You guys are going to have unreal teams in international hockey for a long time, your junior team is great and your olympic team is young.

Congrats guys, that was a hell of a game. I am happy my canadian brothers won, but if we would have lost I would have been happier to see the gold to to the U.S. than Russia or any other country. You guys are going to have unreal teams in international hockey for a long time, your junior team is great and your olympic team is young.

The Canadians still have Steve Stamkos, John Tavares, Matt Duchene, Tyler Myers coming up the pipe too :)

But a collection of all-stars isn't always the best team.

Woooooo!!!! Nothing like losing the battle but winning the War!

Crosby was invisible, but hot damn did he come up huge. Local Winnipeg hero Jonathan Toews was clutch in this tourney! St. vital loves ya JT!

Once again, the US can't handle the big Canadian boys on the biggest stage of them all!!!

LOL @ the comment that canada wasnt canada or that canadian militiamen werent canadian, I suppose that means George washington was a traitor and the founding fathers a bunch of english tax evaders? anyway enough about 1812.

about benedict arnold, he was one of the greatest generals in american history.

and about hockey, by tomorrow most of us wont really care, you usually dont see riots in Canada.

Canadians feel disrespected by Americans, but you shouldn't. I don't know of one American who dislikes any Canadian. But Canadian behavior during these Olympics has opened up one American's eyes. We cheered for your medalists, but looking at the replays when you had to congratulate an American it was like acid in your mouth. Who is supposed to be the arrogant ones?

Get over yourself.

I am a PROUD CANADIAN. I love my country and I bleed red and white. But let me fill you in on Canada:

America has never considered Canada their equal. And let's be honest: We cannot compare to the size and wealth and power that USA holds.

We are America's kid brother. USA cheers for Canada and pats it on the back, because it never fears the little brother. But everyone loves to beat the older brother, especially in their own backyard! :) Canadians do not hate USA, and Canadians love competing against a powerhouse like America, because it is always considered a great test for Canadians.

Canada is humble and realistic. We know we can't compete with USA in the summer olympics, World Cup, etc. etc. But one thing we have going for us is the winter olympics. Canada - USA is turning into a GREAT Rivalry, and it is a HEALTHY rivalry.

Cheering for USA did not taste like "acid in our mouths". Look at this thread. You call us arrogant? This thread contains 25 pages of posts about how you guys let us have this victory, because you guys kick our ass in everything else. Canada RARELY dominates an event like we have this year. We will likely NEVER dominate like this AGAIN!!!! And yet Americans act like sore losers because Canada can talk trash for once!

Let us have this one, because the Big Brother that is USA will inevitably come back and bring us back to reality. Today however, we Own the Podium, at least the highest perch! ;)

Give the champs some credit. They went out there and fought for the title. I'm not going to be classless, I'm not going to show any kind of hate towards Canada. They deserved the gold. The US fought hard but they couldn't get it done in overtime.

Canada and America, in the end, are a family, and Canada is little brother. Little brother won today. Give him some props and in a few days the family will be back together again in the NHL.

This = Exactly my feelings as a Canadian. Great post from a clearly level headed sports fan. Congrats on the silver, you ugys deserved to bring it to OT, you were easily one of the best teams in the tourney!

My dislike of Team Canada extends primarily because of dislike of Crosby (I'm a Caps fan) If he wasn't on the team, I probably wouldn't care as much. And he just *had* to be the one to score the GWG in overtime ... :(

OTOH I am really proud of how the US played. Canada clearly had the better skaters and more depth, but they beat Canada in group play and were very close to pulling it off again. I wasn't even really expecting them to medal.

I can't complain though. I mean my team just won the Super Bowl. I'm pretty set for a year or so. Probably longer .:)

Canada won the gold in hockey. USA won the most medals in these Olympics and the most ever by any country in Winter Olympics history. Lots of bragging rights to go around.

Conclusion: A lot of bragging rights for both countries. Awesome!

North America Rules!

Congrats to both countries! :1stplace:

Canada won the gold in hockey. USA won the most medals in these Olympics and the most ever by any country in Winter Olympics history. Lots of bragging rights to go around.

Conclusion: A lot of bragging rights for both countries. Awesome!

North America Rules!

Congrats to both countries! :1stplace:

And the Canadians let the world know just how much French blood runs through their veins.

Congrats to Canada. I wish I would have been able to watch this game. Heck, I wish I could have watched

these Olympics. I'm pretty proud of both our countries. North America rules! :D

that's not true, summer lasts from July 3rd to July 4th. :pfft:

Lol.

Archived