Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USA vs. Canada Gold Medal Hype Thread (Game CHAT)

Ghost of

It seems our boys have prepared well...(I removed the YouTube links because the page never loads with it---so screw it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9AajQn7b18&feature=PlayList&p=C6AAF55DAE6BEB08&index=52&playnext=2&playnext_from=PL

AGAIN! AGAIN! This is it, fellas.

This is for the gold medal, guys. I'm tired of hearing about how great a hockey team Canada has...

I think we can look at Rocky here as maybe Ryan Miller and Drago as the scumbag Sidney Crosby. Hearts on fire! Strong desire! Blazing deep within!

This is WAR! I can just imagine things at about 4:00 in this song and the montage that might accompany it.

You see, they're not a machine, they're men! The parallels: Their entire nation is invested in this game. Can you imagine somewhere in the third period---"Some in this crowd have started to cheer for the Americans!" Canadians won over by the grit and determination of the plucky American youngsters?! Could it be?

"To the end."

Make them remember forever the night they played the Americans.

Do you believe in unlikelihoods?!

lol and we still have curling

...and life is empty without curling....:kickcan: Anywayz you guys may still win. I mean thats why we play the games. That being said though we've already beatin you guys once and handled our opponents pretty well since. So you'll forgive me if I like our chances, right?

The first meeting was just a blitzkrieg from the drop of the first puck. The Canadians did "outplay" the US but still lost. The US as the Canadians have gelled more and changed lines since then so lets see what happens this time . If it's anything like the first and I can't imagine anything but 100X time the intensity then we are in for a real treat of a game. 3-2 USA.

well the US has caught up to us in Hockey, maybe because your population is ridiculous and you actually fund your athletes? But our team finally wised up and I think that while it will be a good game, the Canadians will win.

I read an article about the salaries of the American and Canadian Hockey teams.

Canada was so far ahead it wasn't even funny. Perhaps it's because most of the big bucks are in other sports in the US.

The Canadians on here seem nice and all the Canadians I have as friends are really nice, but I didn't know we had so many Canadians that dispised us so bad. Waht did we do to Canada?

It's a big brother/little brother complex. Canada has often been the smaller player on the world stage when it comes to America. Heck, Canada (pretty rightfully so) hates that we call ourselves Americans when they are Americans too.

That said, I think Canada is awesome and most Canadians I've met are great. But the rivalry is a little like DC versus Baltimore. Two big ole cities with one that thinks it just doesn't get enough love or attention.

well the US has caught up to us in Hockey, maybe because your population is ridiculous and you actually fund your athletes? But our team finally wised up and I think that while it will be a good game, the Canadians will win.

We have the advantage. We have nothing to lose in this game. If Canada loses, that country will collapse. If we lose, it's oh well, we got alot further than everyone thought we would..

Plus, if we lose, we have the World Cup to look forward to.

We have the advantage. We have nothing to lose in this game. If Canada loses, that country will collapse. If we lose, it's oh well, we got alot further than everyone thought we would..

Plus, if we lose, we have the World Stanley Cup to look forward to.

We have nothing to lose in this game. If Canada loses, that country will collapse.

Or maybe you're wrong... as Canada has enjoyed it's most prosperous Olympic results in about 20 years, set a record for the most amount of Gold medals.... and also will finish the Olympics winning the most amount of Gold medals of any country. At worst, add another medal to the country's overall count.

I don't think anyone is going to be drowning in their sorrows. As much as you'd like to believe that.

I've got a lot of facebook friends that are women with status' hyping up tonight's game. They're getting caught up in the buzz..... but they'll forget about the result of the game 10 minutes after the final horn... WIN OR LOSE.

I don't think anyone is going to be drowning in their sorrows. As much as you'd like to believe that.

I've got a lot of facebook friends that are women with status' hyping up tonight's game. They're getting caught up in the buzz..... but they'll forget about the result of the game 10 minutes after the final horn... WIN OR LOSE.

Given the stature of hockey in Canada and todays' opposition I have a hard time believing this.

It's a big brother/little brother complex. Canada has often been the smaller player on the world stage when it comes to America.

Typical American response.... thinking the whole world revolves around you :)

The goal in any sport is to *win*. Regardless of the opponent. Especially the olympics... you're not competing against any particular country. You're competing against yourselves. Canada is trying to win as many medals... and gold medals.. as possible. That's why we're trying to "Own the Podium".

Our COC didn't call the committee "Beat the Americans" :lol:

Hockey is our proud national sport. On our home soil. Of course we're going to support this team. We'd be doing the same if we were playing Belarus in the finals.

Look at the Williams sisters. Sure, Venus is older, stronger and has more experience. But there's no big sister/little sister crap going on. Serena just kicks her butt in the finals.... because she's a better tennis player... that's all there is to it :)

Given the stature of hockey in Canada and the opposition I have a hard time believing this.

Your perception. My reality (I live here). I think Larry posted a thread about this topic.

We support our hockey teams.... but our country isn't defined by the sport. I guarantee you ExtremeSkins is more awash in emotional discord following a regular season loss than Canadians will be if they lose the game. You guys have MELT DOWNS in here.

That simply won't happen tonight even if the Canadians lose 8-0.

Your perception. My reality (I live here). I think Larry posted a thread about this topic.

We support our hockey teams.... but our country isn't defined by the sport. I guarantee you ExtremeSkins is more awash in emotional discord following a regular season loss than Canadians will be if they lose the game. You guys have MELT DOWNS in here.

Yes, the emotional involvement in the skins is a remarkable feat to behold especially when thing don't go according to plan. I suspect there is the same emotional capital in the Canadian hockey team. The meltdown might not reach the delusional state that this board offers but it certainly won't be forgotten 10 minutes after the fact. It will be a BITTER disappointment if the Canadians do not win the gold and especially if it's USA that beats them. This might not be your take but by many Canadians it sure will be.

Canada is trying to win as many medals... and gold medals.. as possible. That's why we're trying to "Own the Podium".

good point, and if our hockey team does win the gold, the amount of gold medals won per country should be increased by the number of members on our team receiving them. :pfft:

Sounds like someone is trying to downplay the importance of this game and rivalry to soften the blow when we kick their maple syrup eating asses. ;)

Out of Canada's 25 medals... 75% of them were earned by women Olympians. Ask any Canadian if they could have named ANY female Olympian BEFORE the Olympics... or even now AFTER they won their medals. And I guarantee you 99.9% couldn't.

The Olympics are nice and all.... and you cheer for the sake of cheering... particularly when the games are held on home soil and advertised like crazy.

But most people really couldn't give a crap. It just a pass time during a slow time of the year.

My country isn't as emotional as your country....really????

Trust me, US losing the gold medal game in hockey to the Canadiens will be no more of a meltdown in the US, than Vice Versa in Canada. To imply otherwise is ludicrous.

Typical American response.... thinking the whole world revolves around you :)

The goal in any sport is to *win*. Regardless of the opponent. Especially the olympics... you're not competing against any particular country. You're competing against yourselves. Canada is trying to win as many medals... and gold medals.. as possible. That's why we're trying to "Own the Podium".

Our COC didn't call the committee "Beat the Americans" :lol:

Hockey is our proud national sport. On our home soil. Of course we're going to support this team. We'd be doing the same if we were playing Belarus in the finals.

Look at the Williams sisters. Sure, Venus is older, stronger and has more experience. But there's no big sister/little sister crap going on. Serena just kicks her butt in the finals.... because she's a better tennis player... that's all there is to it :)

There's the bitterness I was talking about.

There are a million blogs about the Olympics going on right now and the arguments are out of this world. It seems the US is (by other countries) the hated one. It seems that other countries just love beating us in any game. In fact it feels like they love seeing us fail at them. "We may have lost, but at least US didn't do anything in that event either." I've seen that 100 times. It feels weird to see people chanting USA and see other county's people rolling their eyes. Why is it OK for other countries to be patriotic but when we are patriotic we are being arrogant?

I find it a little insulting. I saw on one drudge report that showed a woman in the Olympics with a shirt on that said, "I'm with Idiot" and showed a Canadian flag and an arrow pointing to an American flag. That bugs me. This country is ready and willing to run to the aid of any other country. When we do we are accused of shoving our weight around. When we don't we are accused of being selfish.

I for one am proud to an American. Maybe the next time someones world comes crashing down around them we should tell them to call Mexico.

I apologise for the :rant:

Archived