Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Devin Thomas Blog - Can't keep my mind off football

HigSkin

Do they have a bunch of signs at Redskins Park saying "We have a lot of talent"? If they really had as much talent as they think they do, then they would probably be in the Super Bowl every year. But I really like Thomas' enthusiasm and he was one of the few bright spots of the season.

When your on a team that keeps getting beat by teams like Detroit, no signs needed.

My buddy played TE when DT was at Coffeyville Community College. They shared a locker, and he said Thomas was an unbelievably hard worker.

He also said he was an *******, but I like his enthusiasm. Sounds like he's as excited as we are for this season to get going.

Do they have a bunch of signs at Redskins Park saying "We have a lot of talent"? If they really had as much talent as they think they do, then they would probably be in the Super Bowl every year. But I really like Thomas' enthusiasm and he was one of the few bright spots of the season.

there's no team in the NFL that doesn't have a lot of talent. THey'r all filled with the best of the college ranks after all. And there's far more close games in the NFL than there are blowouts.

Well, these were his stats last year.

link

'Course, Moss was our #1 and ARE took some opportunities from DT.... and look who our starting QB was......

He's young, so there's still hope, and he did improve over last season.

So let's go DT! And whatever you did before or in the Saints' game, keep doing it! :laugh:

This team/players sure do like to talk alot.

I wonder when they'll ever get around to backing their mouth up with their play on the field?

I don't get this. All he said was he's excited about football and the season ahead. He never guaranteed 1000 yards or 11 wins or playoffs or whatever.

I don't get this. All he said was he's excited about football and the season ahead. He never guaranteed 1000 yards or 11 wins or playoffs or whatever.

"Talk is cheap, I want them to prove it on the field, etc, etc." is a stock response around here whenever ANY Skins player actually talks positive or optimistic about pretty much anything lol...

I absolutely love it. I was just saying that with the success Kyle Shanahan had with Andre Johnson, and the success (despite the headaches) his father had with Brandon Marshall, they most likely value having a big, physical, speedy-enough receiver to get the ball to. And from what I've seen, with better coaching, more opportunities, actual worthwhile playcalling, and a QB who can throw down-field and hit the open reciever in stride (whoever Allen/Shanahan think that is), he can be that guy in this offense.

Now, I'm not comparing DT to AJ or BM. I'm just saying that I hope he can take that next step and be OUR star, in THIS offense. He has the physical tools, and from this article and others seems to have the passion and motivation. Now he just needs to really blow up this season under Shanahan.

And you know what? I think he knows that he can. I think that's why he's excited. I feel like DT and MK must be pretty pumped to not be held back by Zorn's playcalling and lack of leadership, and that shows in this blog. They know that Shanahan can maximize their potential.

I have always had a good vibe from DT and think that he can be a Terrel Ownes type of reciever without the headaches. Now Kelley I am not sure on but I hope he steps up also. Now Mitchell is the wild card. If he ends up as good as he was in the Pre season last year then we will be set at WR for the next decade.

blah, blah talk is cheap. He phoned in his rookie year. He was below average at best his second year. He finished 135th in the NFL in yards and had 25 catches. Shut up until you make a difference on the field.

Oh come on.

His attitude has changed, he'll be a third year player. I don't know you and don't pretend to assume things but where were you at 21? What were you doing? If you weren't being a slacker I'm sure you know someone who was. And I'm sure you've seen someone in their early 20's mature by the time they're 23-24.

Just because they're football players doesn't mean they're not human.

I'd agree with your thinking if he hadn't shown any improvement at all...but he has. Not giant strides by any means but he's improved. If he improves again in 2010 thats all that matters.

He and Kelly both had some good moments this year, good things to build on. I'm not a huge Skins optimist/homer but there's no reason why they can't contribute significantly in 2010.

Devin was supposed to be the prospect who took a couple years to develop in the NFL. What it looks like is he's gotten over the biggest hurdle that was holding him back the first year, maturity. Can't wait to see him light it up next year. Just hope Kelly can step up his game too.

Oh come on.

His attitude has changed, he'll be a third year player. I don't know you and don't pretend to assume things but where were you at 21? What were you doing? If you weren't being a slacker I'm sure you know someone who was. And I'm sure you've seen someone in their early 20's mature by the time they're 23-24.

Just because they're football players doesn't mean they're not human.

I'd agree with your thinking if he hadn't shown any improvement at all...but he has. Not giant strides by any means but he's improved. If he improves again in 2010 thats all that matters.

He and Kelly both had some good moments this year, good things to build on. I'm not a huge Skins optimist/homer but there's no reason why they can't contribute significantly in 2010.

True - you don't know me. When I was 21 I was preparing to start law school at a top national program. I had plenty of problems but I did take care of my business. Do you think there's room for whiny babies who don't get it until their third year in Iraq or Afghanistan? Shut up and do your job. Dance all you want at the pro bowl - like Desean Jackson. DT's first bigtime TD dance was on a play that got called back. Everybody wants to marvel at DT's great attitude? 25 catches last year. The Skins are an amazingly talented team? Really? You are your record. I don't know you at all either but I would hope that if you were paying someone with your money - millions - then you'd look at the bottom line, not some PR bull. DT shut up and play. Perform so well that the whining we hear is about how you've outperformed your contract. I prefer that kind if whining - if I have to hear whining - Brandon Marshall or Anquan Boldin whining.

Saying and doing is 2 different things but hopefully between maturity, addition of Keenan McCardell as WR Coach and better pass protection this kid will realize his potential and justify his draft spot. It can happen a la Roddy White in Atlanta a couple years ago

oh yeh! I had forgotten all about the McCardell shmeal.

Some vet leadership, that isnt in the huddle, is just what these young bucks need. DT doesnt seem like a ME guy. I have a feeling this is going to be a great year, despite the low expectations some may have.

I'm excited too DT!! Hell.. Ima hit the gym as well! :D

Archived