Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Devin Thomas Blog - Can't keep my mind off football

HigSkin

True - you don't know me. When I was 21 I was preparing to start law school at a top national program. I had plenty of problems but I did take care of my business. Do you think there's room for whiny babies who don't get it until their third year in Iraq or Afghanistan? Shut up and do your job. Dance all you want at the pro bowl - like Desean Jackson. DT's first bigtime TD dance was on a play that got called back. Everybody wants to marvel at DT's great attitude? 25 catches last year. The Skins are an amazingly talented team? Really? You are your record. I don't know you at all either but I would hope that if you were paying someone with your money - millions - then you'd look at the bottom line, not some PR bull. DT shut up and play. Perform so well that the whining we hear is about how you've outperformed your contract. I prefer that kind if whining - if I have to hear whining - Brandon Marshall or Anquan Boldin whining.

I have to agree. I'm about tired of all the offseason quotes about how great the Redskins are. Last year Zorn was telling everybody how Campbell was "LIGHT YEARS" ahead of where he had been. According to some people we had a pro bowl offensive line. etc etc. etc. Just shut up and go out and prove it on the field and not in the Off Season Superbowl.

Of course we all want them to prove it on the field, but do you guys know the first step to turning this thing around was attitude? We've had an air of losing around Redskin Park. I think it's refreshing that the players are responding to the coach. The attitude on how we do business was changed at the top when Vinny was fired. Allen, Shanahan and all the other coaches now have to send that winning mentality to the players. Glad it's already down to the playes level. Do you guys honestly think we'll "turn it around" in one year? This may take a year or two, but I think it's some positive in the right direction. Glad to see Devin talking positive. Hope the rest of the players feel the same way. Some of you guys could use a pep talk from Allen and Shanahan with all the negativity on your posts.

I think Shanahan will actually use the weapons the Redskins have properly. It seemed that Zorn didn't know what he had or was unwilling to use what he had. When Sherm Lewis started calling plays guys like Kelly, Davis, and Thomas starting making solid contributions to the team.

HTTR

Of course we all want them to prove it on the field, but do you guys know the first step to turning this thing around was attitude? We've had an air of losing around Redskin Park. I think it's refreshing that the players are responding to the coach. The attitude on how we do business was changed at the top when Vinny was fired. Allen, Shanahan and all the other coaches now have to send that winning mentality to the players. Glad it's already down to the playes level. Do you guys honestly think we'll "turn it around" in one year? This may take a year or two, but I think it's some positive in the right direction. Glad to see Devin talking positive. Hope the rest of the players feel the same way. Some of you guys could use a pep talk from Allen and Shanahan with all the negativity on your posts.

what some pr guy wrote on dt's blog doesn't mean ANYTHING - absolutely attitude is important but attitude is revealed on the field - let's see what kind of shape he's in at minicamp for example

blah, blah talk is cheap. He phoned in his rookie year. He was below average at best his second year. He finished 135th in the NFL in yards and had 25 catches. Shut up until you make a difference on the field.

have you made a difference on this message board?

Yes? No?

If you selected "No" ... should you "shut up" until you make a difference, here on this message board, tough guy? ;)

I like the attitude as well ... sure its just words, but no player could have said this under zorn, and it hurts to say, but even with gibbs at times.

have you made a difference on this message board?

Yes? No?

If you selected "No" ... should you "shut up" until you make a difference, here on this message board, tough guy? ;)

I like the attitude as well ... sure its just words, but no player could have said this under zorn, and it hurts to say, but even with gibbs at times.

Wow so unclever retort. I'm not being paid several million dollars to play football for the Skins or to post here. Tell you what - PM me and I'll give you a paypal link. You can send me $1000 and I WILL make a difference on this board. DT's job is to play not jabber on a blog. My job isn't to jabber on a blog either. Pay me and I'll show you what the difference is.

Archived