Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT.com: Redskins interviewing Romanowski for strength coach job (Updated)

Sweet Sassy Molassy

I can't help but think the onlly reason he's being considered for the job is because he used to play for the Broncos...which, if so, sucks as a reason.

Maybe they went out for drinks as old friends and they just called it an interview so Shanahan could write it off as a "business expense" for tax purposes.

J/k, but let's not jump the gun just because Romanowski landed an interview.

Maybe they went out for drinks as old friends and they just called it an interview so Shanahan could write it off as a "business expense" for tax purposes.

J/k, but let's not jump the gun just because Romanowski landed an interview.

:ols:...The guy I do work for did the same thing, actually...we had lunch and he made sure to have us talk about some work-related issues so that it could be written off as a business expense :D...

Can someone provide some solid, non-stereotypical information on his qualifications?

Seriously.. :doh: If he's being considered, surely he must be qualified and not as bad of a person as many are making him out to be?

Ask and you shall receive...

Good article on Romanowski's training and conditioning, and he talks about steroid use too, though maybe not as repentatively as some would hope.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne47.htm

I'll pass on this guy. If I'm not mistaken he had a lil situation calling an African American player the "N" word a la Kerry Collins. I don't know how well that will blow over in Washington DC. The demographics aren't in his favor here!

Edit: He didn't call any player the "N" word, he confided in a friend/teammate that "the only way he could keep up with black players is to take a performance enhancing substance" per- http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/08/16/sports/main225246.shtml

Who saw Bill Romanowski on Tosh.O on comedy central ... he will get your ass fired up thats for sure ... and that, from what I know, is a very important quality to have as a strength and conditioning coach.

I want him just for that episode. Just for that alone.

Not even joking. Pull the trigger.

Why? Because who cares? He used roids, whatever. It's not like our guys won't be tested religiously. He said that black athletes are better. Racist? Probably not in context, but a dumb thing to say regardless.

Other than that? Whatever.

The comments section is wonderful. The best: "Did they follow the rooney rule and interview barry bonds????????????????????????"

that was nice hahaha. very clevar

I would not care hell Mark McGurie coaching and he got to be worst than Romo sits to pee. If he motivates them and makes them better than all for it, but if all we talk about is the potential of steriods, than fall back.

Shannahan knows the guys I trust him.

This interview should be embaressing to Skins fans everywhere. Romo sits to pee is a piece of trash and shouldn't be anywhere near a football team. There are few people I won't give the benefit of the doubt to and Romanowski is one of them. I sincerely hope he doesn't get the job.

Romanowski will always be the player that spat in another mans' face. He's an admitted steroid user. Why in the world would Shanahan even consider this? There are plenty of old-school football players that could be strength and conditioning coach, why this guy?

:helmet:

Who saw Bill Romanowski on Tosh.O on comedy central ... he will get your ass fired up thats for sure ... and that, from what I know, is a very important quality to have as a strength and conditioning coach.

I'm sure there's a ton of people that can get in guy's faces and fire them up. It doesn't have to come from an admitted roider that has had multiple incidents on and off the field including with his own teammates.

Used anabolic steroids, HGH, deliberately broke a guy's finger, kicked a guy in the head, spit in a guy's face, and broke a teammate's eye socket.

From a 60 Minutes interview: "Romanowski had a nearly-religious — some would say weird — devotion to supplements. At home, he had a tackle box of vitamins, minerals, enzymes and amino acids. He took 100 pills a day and made a science of everything from herbs to acupuncture.

He even tried live cell therapy, getting injected with cells from Scottish black sheep. Romanowski says the treatment was supposed to help him heal from the physical trauma he was experiencing on the field.

He spent $200,000 a year on supplements, doctors and therapists and admits he didn’t know what was in some of the potions they were pouring."

You seriously want this guy to be an official strength and conditioning coach in the NFL?!? All he'd do is find ways to exploit the system on the inside to get our team full up on PEDs.

I really don't care as long as nobody on the team is juicing and he can whip all their butts into shape. NO MORE conditioning related injuries!

Um sorry to tell you this but people on the team are already using hgh and juicing. Main reason we have so many injuries. Some players use hgh to help heal faster and then the injuries really are not healed 100% and then they become nagging injuries and so on. Just because they dont get caught doesnt mean it isnt happening.

Um sorry to tell you this but people on the team are already using hgh and juicing. Main reason we have so many injuries. Some players use hgh to help heal faster and then the injuries really are not healed 100% and then they become nagging injuries and so on. Just because they dont get caught doesnt mean it isnt happening.

LL, whats your guess on % using on team/whole NFL?

My guess league wide would be in the 25% range.

Romanowski will always be the player that spat in another mans' face. He's an admitted steroid user. Why in the world would Shanahan even consider this? There are plenty of old-school football players that could be strength and conditioning coach, why this guy?

:helmet:

Eh, Sean Taylor spat in Pittman's face and he's still my favorite Skin ever.

Remember, Shanahan has a reputation for rolling the dice with so-called "character" guys, in the hope that they can redeem themselves. It's very un-Gibbs-like, but times change.

LL, whats your guess on % using on team/whole NFL?

My guess league wide would be in the 25% range.

off the top of my head 25% of lets say 60 players per team is around 12-15? Then i would put it more at about 30-35%. alot of players on every team do it first off so its not a isolated issue. Why would the nflpa fight so hard to not have players blood tested? certain people get caught and certain ones dont its just the nature of the beast.

Interesting to say the least. I'm not sure how I'd feel about this, I used to like Bill R. because of his toughness, but when he started getting dirty with his practices I couldn't support that. On the other hand, if there's someone I'd expect to really whip some guys into shape, it'd be him ... hopefully without the usage of PEDs (edit: why the **** did I say PHDs).

I always loved Romo sits to pee, because he was a true football player. All he ever did and all he ever thought about was becoming the best football player he could. He lived and breathed football 24 hours a day 365 days a year. His dedication was amazing.

If you had 11 Romos on defense you might not be well liked but you'd be SB champs every single year.

Here is his nutrition web site.

http://www.nutrition53.com/

20070604__20070605_B2_AE05HUSTED~p1_200.JPG

Bill%20Romanowski.jpg

MV5BMTU3OTg2MDU4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTgzNDE1._V1._SX400_SY353_.jpg

As far as him being a bad guy, what does that mean? The guy has been married for over 10 years now. No off the field troubles. He admitted taking steroids starting the 2001 season when he was with the Raiders because of his age.

You know I hear Dick Butkus was an ******* too. I'd take both of them on my team.

Sean Taylor spat in that dude's face in the playoffs.

Haynesworth kicked a Cowgirl in the head (+1 Fat Albert, who could look at that as a negative?).

Fred Smoot was on that...boat....whatever that was all about.

Not defending Romanowski, I'm kinda 50/50 on it, but it is funny when people jump all over one person then cheer for others who have done similar things.

And slightly off topic, but I think all roiders should be banned from their respective sports for life. In Pete freakin' Rose can't get in, and Barry Bonds and Mark McGwire....GAH! It's ridiculous.

Archived