Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT.com: Redskins interviewing Romanowski for strength coach job (Updated)

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Im all for it...we need real tough oldschool football guys around this soft team

This is absolutely what this team needs is a kick in the arse. And somebody to give it to them. A tough mean linebacker who isn't afraid to get dirty, talk dirty, or get into trouble occasionally. Ray Lewis not available? Get Romanowski.

Sean Taylor spat in Michael Pittman's face. Who cares? Of all the ****ed up things Romanowski did, this is the one that still pisses people off? Breaking his teammate's face in practice and ending his career doesn't dwarf this?

agreed... that was a teammate and he never really apologized to him for it. way to stay classy billy. i'm fine with him just doing cameos in adam sandler movies for the rest of his life.

All this about Romo sits to pee being a cheater is laughable. If he is a cheater thaN 85% of the players in the NFL are cheaters too. He played two full years after he started the roids and never failed a test. IN FACT the NFL DOES NOT test for HGH. So you have to think almost every NFL player is taking that stuff. The **** is awesome.

One other thing, Romo sits to pee admitted he took steroids for 2 years near the end of his career and he is a villian even though he never tested positive. While Shawen Merriman a man in the prime of his career is busted for taking steroids gets a four game suspension AND STILL IS VOTED INTO THE PRO BOWL THAT YEAR. How ironic is that. Romo sits to pee lived and breathed football, he didcated his life to being the best he could be. Now he is looked at as a cheater because he was trying to hang on maybe a little too long, all the while an overrated PUD like Merriman gets invited to the Probowl after serving a 4 game ban for using the ****.

If you don't like Romo sits to pee that is fine, If you think he is a cheater than fine, so are 85% of the rest of the nFL players.

Steroids or not, Romo sits to pee played every game to win and not surprisingly the 4 teams he was on went to 5 SuperBowls. Speaking from my Broncos experience, Denver would not have been the same team if Romo sits to pee wasn't out there on the field. The other teams hated him and he lived off that hate. The hate they felt for him kept him warm on those cold winter nights. Yes, I would take as many Romanowskis as I could get, even if that only means I get one and only as a Strength and conditioning coach. He will bring lots of intentsity to that job and people will be excited to go lifting.

Dude it hasn't been confirmed that he is even interviewing for that job. The only thing I saw was him denying that he was in town interviewing for that job. It could be a favor from two people that have roots dating back to his playing time with Oakland trying to give him a bump for a job somewhere else in the future.........or maybe he is going to take some kind of risk management position with us.

Yeah, he twittered that he was not in DC for the Strength/Condition coach- but didn't deny he was in DC for some sort of job interview. Who knows.

where are all these percentages of hgh users coming from? don't make up things to make your argument sound better.

the truth is, being a coach has little to do with what you did in the league. i mean what is the ratio of HoFer coaches to non HoFer coaches?

it seems that former players-turned-coaches are overachieving guys who have to work their tails off just to be competitive. guys like james thrash, reed doughty, and even keenan mccardell come to mind from recent Redskin memory. they were not as athletic as guys like santana moss, laron landry, and rod gardner, but they understand the game better.

but the people who have posted that he's not qualified are the ones who are right here. i mean who cares what he's done in the league, he is interviewing for our strength and conditioning coach. he's never been one and he's not qualified to be one. that should be the most important thing here.

i mean i love joe gibbs, but i'm not going to hire him to do my taxes.

So, we should have never gone after players like Fred Smoot, Sean Taylor, and Albert Haynesworth? Because they cover some of that list.

People change and if you can't accept that then I don't know.

They may cover some of that list but not ALL of that list. Romanowski is completely out of football and I assume this is just Shanahan being a nice guy and giving this clown a courtesy interview.

I don't know how old you are but by your response I am going to assume that you never saw Romanowski play and just don't know what kind of human scum this guy really is.

It doesn't matter anyway because Goodell is NEVER going to let a known 'roider oversee a team's strength and conditioning plan. That is not going to happen.

dude was a baller...i am mixed...we certainly need some toughness...our team has been a bunch of ******* for most of the last 15 years...but we need to build character and toughness the right way though...maybe Romo sits to pee does know how maybe he doesn't...Shanny will find out.

In Shanny's first year in Denver 1995 one of the first FAs Shanny brought in was Romo sits to pee. Romo sits to pee brought toughness and accountability to the defense that was sorely lacking. All the guy ever thought about was becoming better and winning.

"Mark my words when I say the Super Bowl is coming back to Washington," he said. "Trust me. And it won't take long."

Archived