Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT.com: Redskins interviewing Romanowski for strength coach job (Updated)

Sweet Sassy Molassy

NO....NO....NO....

I don't want Romanowski anywhere around our players. We need PROFESSIONAL athletic trainers and rehab professionals. NOT some protein shake former 'roid and HGH abuser. This would instantly cast a shadow on the entire team. This is a very bad idea and I am shocked that Shanahan is even considering this guy.

Being a former loud mouth, macho SOB, steroid abusing football player is NOT a qualification to even be on the strength and conditioning team let alone in charge of it.

It's got to be April 1.....

Sean Taylor spat in that dude's face in the playoffs.

Haynesworth kicked a Cowgirl in the head (+1 Fat Albert, who could look at that as a negative?).

Fred Smoot was on that...boat....whatever that was all about.

Not defending Romanowski, I'm kinda 50/50 on it, but it is funny when people jump all over one person then cheer for others who have done similar things.

What Sean did was embaressing as a Skins fan. He was young and seemed to have grown after the incident so many of us forgive him. What he did was wrong, but I personally forgive him for it as mistakes are made.

I didn't like what Haynesworth did. At the time I wanted him banned from the NFL, which I eventually got over but I didn't want him signed on our team. He's been good since then so while I don't fully forgive him he at least seems to be on the right path.

The Love Boat? Oh no, football players and strippers! I thought this was more funny than anything else but maybe I have twisted morals.

Romanowski is an admitted cheater. Why would we want a player who conditioned his body through the use of steroids teaching our players how to condition? If he was capable of doing so without PED's wouldn't have have done it? It seems to go against the whole purpose of the job. He also went out of his way to injure opposing players. That in my mind is disgusting and doesn't belong in pro football. He also ended a TEAMMATE'S career by breaking his eye socket at practice. The guy is a scumbag and doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in conjunction with the league, much less getting an interview with one of the teams.

Wow, I can't believe some posters would've supported this move, as if there isn't more to being a S&C'ing coach than "whipping the boys into shape." He's not even close to being qualified for that job; forget about his character for a minute...we might as well just hire Hulk Hogan to be his asst, since the only qualifications are supposedly being a meathead and having guns, instead of having a degree in sports science and formal training.

but it is funny when people jump all over one person then cheer for others who have done similar things.

It is interesting, isn't it? Romanowski is a "true football player," despite assaulting two players (spitting in someone's false is assault) yet players who talk some trash and do endzone dances are often called "thugs." Hmmm.

seriously i dont care about his background, if we win a superbowl with him as our strength coach im fine with it

The point shouldn't be his background as a bad guy; it should be his background as a S&C'ing coach, which is non-existent. He's not qualified for the job. S&C coaches at the college and pro level have degrees in sports and exercise science (degree programs that require significant coursework in science). He's not even qualified to be a S&C coach for a Division II school.

Dude it hasn't been confirmed that he is even interviewing for that job. The only thing I saw was him denying that he was in town interviewing for that job. It could be a favor from two people that have roots dating back to his playing time with Oakland trying to give him a bump for a job somewhere else in the future.........or maybe he is going to take some kind of risk management position with us.

1- I dont want that turd near our team

2- most nfl players use, its just that most are smart about it.

3-if the difference between being on a practice roster and signing a huge contract is to take a few cycles not many people will say no.

Based on your number 2 and 3 why would you call him a turd? Do you know him personally or do you have some other knowledge of his character?

Besides I don't think he'll get the job anyway, based on qualification so the point is moot.

Romo sits to pee is high on my list of whitees I love to hate. Total dee bag. He hearly killed a man with his fists he was so roided out.

Mods-Please issue a ban IMMEDIATLY! Can you get any more racial? Imagine if I, a caucasian, said this about any other race!?! "So and So is high on my list of <insert minority race here> I love to hate."

It amazes me that minority races continue to pull the race card while calling us 'Whiteys'. :banhim:

Archived