Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colt Brennan on SportsCenter

AirMayo21

Colt was a good qb in college. Colt also ran a spread in college. Do all of you really think that by his few good pregame citing that all 31 other teams didnt draft him earlier than us as well that our staff was so stuck on jc, they didnt even want to give him an opportunity. I know he was hurt last year, but they were not even talking about a competiton through preseason for the starting job. He almost lost his 3rd sting spot to Chase Daniels, who is also a good college qb, but it does not always transfer over. I know you all hate on campbell and really think that the team would be a winning one if we just changed to colt, but that is just crazy. So STOP fitting the stereotypical fans and blame everything on the qb, and just beg for the backup to be in because he had a few decent plays in preseason. The same goes for Collins a backup his entire career, do you really think that isnt for a reason. Come On Man. Yeah collins seems to be making some good plays, but when he came in this year it was not like he was dropping dimes all over the field. And finally the talk about bradford, he can be as good as any but without solid oline he going to end up like David Carr, and Joey Harrington. Wait give your qb a line first than see if he can do his job.

Aloha!

Cult of Colt supporter here (yeah, his Aunty!) Got my hanai (adopted) boy's back here as always--sooooo many want to dis him--and that's okay! Just want to give my two cents here,--this guy's got game! Let's see what happens once the new coaching staff has had a chance to evaluate, that's all! To my Redskin Ohana, man you guys desire to be contenders for the playoffs and a chance for SB! I hope that you see this come to fruition the 2010-11 season! I also hope that Colt is a part of the that experience for you! HTTR!! Aloha!

mo808/Cult of Colt:point2sky

Ding.

And he's still not 100% (which is still within his recovery time) so Shanny hasn't seen him throw in person yet. While this may be a small thing to some, it's actually a cog in the much bigger picture of the future of the franchise under Shanny.

This is why you're you & you're not me. :)

Spoke too soon! :doh1:

You really should do your homework before telling someone that they're wrong.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/brennans-hip-a-problem-all-pre.html

It's not that serious, my man.

It's also why I said "I think you're off here, TK. Colt got hurt, I believe, in the last game...."

See that? I had a feeling I was wrong, but it was just so damn tempting to call TK out. And damnit it felt good. Notice the silly face I put at the end there as well, it was all in good fun. :)

Wait a tic...

TK defending Colt pretty good here. Does he know something we don't? Has he been tipped off that Shanny really likes Colt.

Dunnn dunnnnnnnn dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

That's veeeewwwy intewesting... this diwectah is stawting to wub me the wong way.

If Colt is horrible then he shouldn't come out looking like Tom Brady. ;)

Unless of course an NFL player decides to give it their all (typically this is done for extra $).

Colt is not horrible.

Colt is not great.

Colt is Colt. He's like the extremely underrated Tim Tebow. Terrible mechanics that were never reworked, excellent college resume, awesome college stats, kind of did some bad things towards the end of his college career, drafted later then sooner, bad offense to run in college in order to succeed in the NFL, long way off from starting.

I'll admit it, I got on board the Cult Train after seeing his preseason as a rookie. But mostly because I had soured on JC and was hoping that the Redskins had found another Romo sits to pee. But let's face the facts here guys. He played in a spread offense against terrible competition in college. He was a 6th round pick for a reason and last preseason he was in real danger of being cut in favor of something called Chase Daniels. Sure he was injured but it's not like he was trying to play CB with a hip problem. His bad hip did not cause him to throw those terrible picks.

To say that he has a chance to become a franchise QB, and let's face it that is what you need to be a consistent winner in the NFL, is beyond a reach.

It says that the video is private

Same here; does anyone have a public video, perchance?

Slower wind up than Campbell? What are you smoking? Did you miss all the reports from our recievers and defensive players from other teams talking about how crazily fast his release is? And how defenders had tons of trouble adjusting to it?

From his scouting report: "He has a very quick release and good pocket presence being able to slide and duck defenders. He is also a very accurate passer."

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=1193

The Ravens third string scrubs didn't seem to have too much trouble adjusting.

He was also injured all preseason. He wasn't simply stashed on IR to carry an extra lineman or running back.

I was going to say something about that, but it looks like several people have beaten me to it.

This is correct.

There is not a doubt in my mind that he is a starting qb in the league.

For the love of God people, (not you PCS), Rex Grossman took a team to the SB.

Colt does not suck as hard as Rex Grossman does.

He is a starter. He reminds me of a young Jay Cutler.

Let's see what the boss thinks.

Jay Cutler isn't the best example, lol. He's all athleticism and no smarts. And he also hasn't had a winning season since like high school or something.

We gotta stop giving guys passes because they got injured. Colt's injury didn't force him to make terrible decisions with the ball. If he's healthy enough to be out there, he's healthy enough to be expected to play well. If you can't do that then sit your ass on the bench. Stop wasting people's time. He's been injured since he got here. I'd love for him to do well and impress the new staff, but I'm not holding my breath. Also, how freaking desperate are some of you guys that you're thanking a guy for making a thread about a 2 second cameo that Brennan makes in a segment about receivers. Wow.

I remember a lot of ESers getting REALLY pissed off that Casey Bramlett was cut from the team lol...And Tim Hasselbeck was supposed to be the "obvious" choice for QB once people soured on Ramsey. Colt is now "the guy" if coaches would just give him a real opportunity.

Add water, rinse, repeat.

I was on ES through both of those QBs and don't remember hearing a peep out of fans about either of them.

People knew Hasselbeck was a bum and I had to ask myself: who the eff is Casey Bramlett? :ols:

The talent level he played against in college wanes when compared to what other college QBs have to go up against, especially in the bigger conferences. He was accurate at Hawaii because of his athleticism, not because of his football smarts.

GOP, you're right, Colt would not have had a 70%+ completion rate if he had a BCS conference OL, WRs, and RBs. :silly:

Colt is horrible. The Cult of Colt has made me hate this dude.

Too bad you feel this way. Don't hate Colt because of the Cult. In the final analysis we have zero influence, so don't let our obsession get to you. We pose no harm to you. If you're not a believer, fine, no need to rip into the congregation. :)

The Cult is inclusive. Everyone is welcome to join the luau, you're not expected to drink the Hawaiian punch, but don't crash the party to purposely rip into the Colt ohana.

If Shanny & Co. keep Colt on the team in any capacity, the Cult will thrive at the displeasure of disbelievers. Bottom line, I have faith in Shanny. If Colt is kept on the team or is cut, so be it.

To say that he has a chance to become a franchise QB, and let's face it that is what you need to be a consistent winner in the NFL, is beyond a reach.

DGF, Colt has to step it up. He is not entitled to the "franchise" title. He has to earn it. But first he has to earn a spot on next year's team. I still maintain he has a chance, whether it's with our team or another is the league minimum question.

I hope Shanny allows for open competition at the QB spot (and all positions). I'm open minded about our team drafting a QB, Shanny knows what he wants and I'm sure he'll get it, whether it's with our current QBs or other Jedi drafting and trading tactics.

Colt is horrible. The Cult of Colt has made me hate this dude.

This is what I don't get, this immature, idiotic stance that you hate someone because of a few people who happen to like/support him?

That makes no sense and really brings down from the ranks of a rational thinking person.

That's like me saying I hate you because of your parents. You have no control over who your parents are or what they choose to do. So, it makes no sense at all.

Well if you do well against 3rd stringers it doesn't necessarily mean that you'll do well against better competition

but if you do bad against 3rd stringers, there's a pretty good chance you're going to do worse against better competition

No. If he's doing everything hes SUPPOSED to do, and the people around him either arent going where they're supposed to go or plain out suck and aren't getting seperation or protecting him, then of course he's going to play like crap. If you're making the argument that if the opponent's 3rd string defense sucks and how well he does against them doesnt count, then you've got to apply the same caveat for his offense.

All I'm saying is that sometimes you simply dont know what you've got until you throw it into the fire. We've had superstar practice squad players that wilted in the spotlight, and I'm saying it's quite possible we've got players that might not take their game to the next level until its the real deal. In fact, I think Davis is a good example, when he found out he was starting in place of cooley.

Colt deserves a shot.. I sincerely hope Shanahan evaluates each current player fairly and thoroughly.

Not that I dont think he will. For the 1st time in a long time, I dont have one single criticism of the way the franchise has been run since Cerrato "stepped down".

A good QB plays in the NFL for a long time.. Colt Brennan is 26yrs old.

He could easily lead the Washington Redskins for the next 12 or 13 seasons.

And I hope he does!!

Colt deserves a shot.. I sincerely hope Shanahan evaluates each current player fairly and thoroughly.

Not that I dont think he will. For the 1st time in a long time, I dont have one single criticism of the way the franchise has been run since Cerrato "stepped down".

A good QB plays in the NFL for a long time.. Colt Brennan is 26yrs old.

He could easily lead the Washington Redskins for the next 12 or 13 seasons.

And I hope he does!!

That would be nice, but I'm not going to believe what Colt is or is not, what he has or has not, until I get a chance to see him prove himself.

That's the part of the Colt debate that infuriates me. Whether it's the people saying he will suck or the people who think he is the next franchise QB, the truth is everyone is talking out of their asses until we get a chance to see Colt play with starters against starters. And, he should be given ATLEAST 8 - 10 games to prove himself. Campbell has had over 50 and some people thinks he still needs more time to prove himself.

No one knows how Colt will be as a starter, but we've all seen what we DON"T have in JC. If Colt can come in and make plays and take this team forward, awesome!!! If not, we need to move on. But, people need to stop acting like they know what we have in a guy that NO ONE has ever seen take a regular snap in this league.

Archived