Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colt Brennan on SportsCenter

AirMayo21

On the SportsScience part of SC, they had Santonio Holmes recreating his SB winning catch with who else but Colt Brennan throwing to him in the lab. Wonder why they chose him? Probably because he's accurate, even SC can see that. Lets see him throw some TD's in a real game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5BrmlJxvE8

EDIT: The above link says that the video is private, I'm not sure why. Whoever put the video up must have changed settings or something. I've been looking for another video but have been unable to find one yet.

On the SportsScience part of SC, they had Santonio Holmes recreating his SB winning catch with who else but Colt Brennan throwing to him in the lab. Wonder why they chose him? Probably because he's accurate, even SC can see that. Lets see him throw some TD's in a real game.

It's a little weird they didn't mention him though.

We know Dan likes Colt, wasn't he up hanging out in his box for a bunch of games this season? Id go Brennen over Bradford any day. He knows the other players more and has 2 more years learning from a veteren like Collins and watch NFL speed games. Seems more likely to be able to make an immediate impact and be less of a project.

We know Dan likes Colt, wasn't he up hanging out in his box for a bunch of games this season? Id go Brennen over Bradford any day. He knows the other players more and has 2 more years learning from a veteren like Collins and watch NFL speed games. Seems more likely to be able to make an immediate impact and be less of a project.

Thing is, Colt was really lousy last preseason. He was outplayed by all the other qbs on the preseason roster and by a good margin. Colt is living off potential and imagination at this point.

I'd love it if he became what his supporters envision him to be, but we have yet to see it.

Thing is, Colt was really lousy last preseason. He was outplayed by all the other qbs on the preseason roster and by a good margin. Colt is living off potential and imagination at this point.

I'd love it if he became what his supporters envision him to be, but we have yet to see it.

Eh. Was he? I think Collins outplayed him. Don't remember Campbell doing anything or even being on the field very much. And I hate people comparing him to Daniels because Daniels was using the simplified offense that had made Brennen look so good the year before when he was a rookie. If you want a fair comparison between those two use Brennen's rookie stats an Daniels rookie stats and see how they line up.

For what its worth, I actually thought he looked pretty good moving the ball down the field. Really the only thing that I saw out of him that wasn't good was the goal-line pick. Yeah it sucked but he also threw a TD later in the game to make up for it. Is the second coming of Jesus? No, but I didn't see anything besides some young qb mistakes that weren't so terrible that they made me say "wow this guy can't hang at this level and compete".

Looking at West Coast systems, seems like you can plug anyone behind the line and make him sucessful as long as hes accurate and has time to make the throws. Doesn't need to be the biggest or the strongest guy. Look at some of the guys Walsh was successful with. They weren't exactly household names but they worked because they had the accuracy to operate the system.

This is a good article:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/19728-colt-brennan-wwbwd-what-would-bill-walsh-do

Different memories then. He looked innacurate, uncomfortable and erratic. It was my sense that he let his hype go to his head and he just wasn't sharp. Then again, with the line play we had last year (even at full strength) how could any qb look good?

It's too bad he has piss poor mechanics and an even slower windup than Campbell, or he could be more than a 3rd string QB.

Hopefully he's improving, we need a consistent backup for the next couple of years. After all, tha backup QB is the second most important player on the team.

From "The Blind Side"-

"In 1971, Virgil Carter, who had never completed as many as half of his passes lead the entire league in passing completion. . . . In Walsh's system, a struggling Dan Fouts also lead the league in percentage completion. Before arriving in San Francisco, the 49ers had one of the NFL's worst QB's, Steve Deberg. The next year he threw more passes than any QB in the history of the NFL, his completion rate rose to 60%, and he completed more passes than any QB in NFL history. . .

. . .The performance of Walsh's QB's suggested a radical thought: That in the most effective passing attack in the NFL, the QB was fungible. The system was the star"

Now tell me, in Shanahan's Walsh based offense, which QB on our roster do you think will flourish the most? The ridiculously accurate one who's familiar with it and ran it to near perfection in college, or the one whose seen 5 different systems already and has struggled with the short, timing based routes in all of them?

];7274103']It's too bad he has piss poor mechanics and an even slower windup than Campbell' date=' or he could be more than a 3rd string QB.

Hopefully he's improving, we need a consistent backup for the next couple of years. After all, tha backup QB is the second most important player on the team.[/quote']

Slower wind up than Campbell? What are you smoking? Did you miss all the reports from our recievers and defensive players from other teams talking about how crazily fast his release is? And how defenders had tons of trouble adjusting to it?

From his scouting report: "He has a very quick release and good pocket presence being able to slide and duck defenders. He is also a very accurate passer."

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=1193

];7274103']It's too bad he has piss poor mechanics and an even slower windup than Campbell' date=' or he could be more than a 3rd string QB.

Hopefully he's improving, we need a consistent backup for the next couple of years. After all, tha backup QB is the second most important player on the team.[/quote']

Brennan does not have a slow windup. His release is pretty quick. His problem is his low release point and poor footwork.

Archived