Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colt Brennan on SportsCenter

AirMayo21

Completely irrelevant.

Just posting height and weight of a guy as a sign that he's a big enough QB doesn't mean anything.

It's how he fills out his weight on his frame. Bradford is 6'4'' and around 220, but there are questions on his size because he has a more slender frame with smaller shoulders. Brennan faces those same kinds of questions.

I see that you realized the reason behind my post then. :)

Nfl.com has Brennan listed 206lbs. >.<

Try Redskins.com - not sure if it is a good idea for a Raven fan to go another team's website. :D

A little earlier, I posted a video clip showing the big hit Colt took in the Fresno State game. Interestingly, the clip also shows that Colt has the arm to get the ball down field. Go look at it again. He lets go of the ball standing on his own 27 and Jason Rivers gathers it on FSU's 20. That's 53 yards in the air, and he hits Rivers in perfect stride. It doesn't get any better than that!

A little earlier, I posted a video clip showing the big hit Colt took in the Fresno State game. Interestingly, the clip also shows that Colt has the arm to get the ball down field. Go look at it again. He lets go of the ball standing on his own 27 and Jason Rivers gathers it on FSU's 20. That's 53 yards in the air, and he hits Rivers in perfect stride. It doesn't get any better than that!

Check out the TD pass at 00:52. The ball is in the air for 55 yards and hits Rivers IN PERFECT STRIDE. I'm noticing a trend here.

You know what? Upon further review, Colt actually does have a helluva arm. It's MORE than NFL adequate.

Cutler's hit was girl scout stuff compared to Brennan's against Fresno State. Okay, I admit, he sat out the next game but two weeks later, he led the Warriors to victory against Boise State, a top twenty team.

Check the vid:

Oh yeah? Well this guy took an even bigger hit, and got up and congratulated him on the hit. Why yes, I am talking about our beloved Sean Taylor's hit on the Punter Brian Moorman.

http://www.collegeslackers.com/video/sean_taylor_pro_bowl_hit

:silly:

Ding.

And he's still not 100% (which is still within his recovery time) so Shanny hasn't seen him throw in person yet. While this may be a small thing to some, it's actually a cog in the much bigger picture of the future of the franchise under Shanny.

This is why you're you & you're not me. :)

If Shanahan is high on Bradford as some have suggested, why is seeing Brennan throw in person a cog in the much bigger picture?

If Shanahan is high on Bradford as some have suggested, why is seeing Brennan throw in person a cog in the much bigger picture?

Possibly as a backup, or as the starter as Bradford learns. That would be my guess.

Obviously the team saw something in him last year that warranted keeping him over a healthy Chase Daniels.

Possibly as a backup, or as the starter as Bradford learns. That would be my guess.

Obviously the team saw something in him last year that warranted keeping him over a healthy Chase Daniels.

And then who's decision was that?

Vinny's? Zorn's? Anybody important at all in the new regime?

Who's to say we're taking Bradford? The guy has question marks as it is. He is probably the best available QB in the draft, but that doesn't mean that he's top 10 potential. We're not talking about a #1 guy here. We're talking about the quarterback position and 3 possible teams PASSING on him. That's not exactly good news.

Ding.

And he's still not 100% (which is still within his recovery time) so Shanny hasn't seen him throw in person yet. While this may be a small thing to some, it's actually a cog in the much bigger picture of the future of the franchise under Shanny.

This is why you're you & you're not me. :)

This is also a problem. We've had him for two seasons and he's been hurt the whole time despite not stepping on the field for a regular season play. And the 70% doesn't count anymore. He's been in the NFL 2 years. His NFL stats are what we need to look at. And as I recall, he got to play much earlier in games this year not just the fourth quarter.

This is also a problem. We've had him for two seasons and he's been hurt the whole time despite not stepping on the field for a regular season play. And the 70% doesn't count anymore. He's been in the NFL 2 years. His NFL stats are what we need to look at. And as I recall, he got to play much earlier in games this year not just the fourth quarter.

Stats are great,but aren't the only thing you look at. Correction,not the only thing the coaches look at. Though I don't envy the coaches the task of evaluating the Redskins QB's.

During his senior season, Campbell completed 70% of his passes. College stats aren't everything.

Let's just see what the numbers really say:

Colt had 70.3% in three years, like in overall college career.

JC had 64.6% in four years.

Even if we throw out JC's first year college stats he still comes up 64.8% for his last 3 years in college.

Oh by the way JC only had 69.6% in his senior year which is still less than 70.3% (avg of 3 years). ;)

Campbell WAS Zorn's job.

It's funny because I think Zorn's job was to coach a football team. Let's see: He couldn't coordinate, he couldn't coach the team real well, but I give him a few things. He's respectful, and he coached Campbell well. As seen by the 20 TD's Campbell threw that this board insisted did not exist.

It's funny because I think Zorn's job was to coach a football team. Let's see: He couldn't coordinate, he couldn't coach the team real well, but I give him a few things. He's respectful, and he coached Campbell well. As seen by the 20 TD's Campbell threw that this board insisted did not exist.

It's funny that you think that, because everyone knows Zorn was brought in to turn JC into a QB worthy of what was given up for him. There was NO WAY in hell that Zorn was not going to play JC. He handed him the starting job both years before EVER having any competition. It wasn't even open for debate. Zorn's number one priority was JC, and that's one of the main reasons why he DID lose his job.

Here were Colt's stats from this past preseason...

Week 1 vs. Ravens. 4-12, 43 yards, 0 TD's, 1 int.

Pretty bad, especially since Collins was a sharp 8-11. Campbell was 3-6, 38 yards, 0 TD, 0 int.

Week 2 vs. Steelers. 3-5, 42 yards, 0 TD's, 1 int.

Blah performance made worse since Chase Daniel tossed 2 TD's. But Collins also tossed an int and Campbell was a dismal 1-7 for 10 yards.

Week 3 vs. Patriots. 6-12, 81 yards, 1 TD, 1 int.

Brennan threw a costly int that was returned 99 yards for a TD, but followed it up with a beautiful touch pass for a 33 yard TD to Marko Mitchell. Campbell played most of the game and went 13-22 for 209, 0 TD's and 0 ints.

Week 4 vs. Jacksonville. 10-14, 84 yards, 0 TD, 0 int.

Nice performance. Campbell was 3-6 for 33 yards, 0 TD's, and 0 ints.

Brennan's stats, 23-43 (53.4%), 250 yards, 1 TD, 3 ints. I think he played about 5-6 quarters, or roughly 1.5 games. Doing that from memory.

Compare Brennan's stats to Campbell's. 20-41 (49%), 290 yards, 0 TD, 0 int.

Brennan's 3 ints stand out. But he had a slightly better % than Campbell, and 1 more TD. Not great, but not awful. He just needs to play it safer with the ball.

Colt's impressive last game was against JAX who went on to become the 27th ranked pass defense.

Chase's 2 TDs came after Colt was finished, most likely meaning he was playing the 2nd or 3rd in stead of 1st or 2nd.

In Colt's defense, it is exceedingly more difficult to prove what kind of QB you are when in the back of your mind you know that you have to blow the doors off or you could be packing you bags. Furthermore, no QB has performed at a stable, nevertheless elite, level without more experience than Colt has had.

My problem with Colt, I cannot think of a single dominant sidearm QB in recent history. That being said, Colt is the epitome of a gunslinger and everyone knows Shanahan loves a good gunslinger.

During his senior season, Campbell completed 70% of his passes. College stats aren't everything.

Oh, and Campbell clocked in at 4.69 in the 40.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=103392

He completed 69%, on a measly 2700 yards, as a 23 year old senior with a running attack combining Ronnie Brown and "Cadillac" Williams.

Stats Overview Passing

YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2005 350 515 4301 68.0 8.35 87 35 13 35 155.49

2006 406 559 5549 72.6 9.93 79 58 12 26 185.96

2007 359 510 4343 70.4 8.52 67 38 17 28 159.85

That is a much more impressive way to complete 70% of your passes. Unfortunately, it was against the WAC and he refuses to banish the sidearm.

and he refuses to banish the sidearm.

This is a incorrect statement by the way. He has said he didn't throw sidearm until he got to HI.

In this video around the 3 minute mark when he was in Saddleback College you will see him throwing over his shoulder along with other shots showing him throwing over his shoulder and he also says he is more then capable of doing such anyway.

The sidearm issue has been blown out of proportions. Regardless I believe if something isn't broke then don't fix it.

Archived