Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colt Brennan on SportsCenter

AirMayo21

That theory flies out the window if he never plays, though lol...sure, that initial rookie season he might have sold a lot of jerseys, but how many jerseys will he sell after three years of being deactivated for games each week?

It's still on the 1st page for best sellers in the redskins store.

http://shop.redskins.com/CategoryDetail.aspx?CategoryID=500&Page=1,1&SortClause=PreviousSoldCount

Sorty by bestsellers.

Your memory is incredibly weak, then lol :yes:...An extremely small sampling of Bramlet posts:

And of course THE ultimate Bramlet thread:

Bramlet Cut

The best post from that thread:

And damned if we're not doing it again with the current #3 QB lol :ols:...

Alright, that is actually pretty funny.
I hate to see Bramlet go and become an awsome QB on another NFC East team. That would hurt real bad.

I am cool if he goes to another AFC team. He is too good for us to keep around. Skins like older and broken down players anyways.

By the end of the Europa season Bram will have more "professional" game experience than Campbell ... in his game last week he again completed passes all over the field, showed tremedous poise, leadership and awareness in pocket, and the ability to run for key 1st downs. He was especially impressive on the drive for the go-ahead TD after Cologne tied the score ... hitting a perfectly thrown 37 yd. laser to Maxwell down the middle to set up the score. This kid is beyond impressive Europa League or not. The Skins simply cannot let him go to another team.
All you would have to do is replace "Bramlet" with "Brennan" and you're reading the exact same posts from the Cult threads.

It's still on the 1st page for best sellers in the redskins store.

http://shop.redskins.com/CategoryDetail.aspx?CategoryID=500&Page=1,1&SortClause=PreviousSoldCount

Sorty by bestsellers.

Yes, "potential and imagination" (as someone else put it) has helped Brennan have one Jersey at the #11 spot. Wow lol...but as I said, if Colt ends up being the #3 QB and deactivated for pretty much the entire season yet again, watch his jersey ranking drop from #11 down to around #50.

Also, again he has only ONE Jersey on sale in that entire list of about 150 jerseys...if Colt was generating THAT much in terms of sales don't you think they'd have more versions of his jersey to sell than just one? That is, unless they do have more than one version but they aren't selling enough to make it into the top 150 in terms of sales lol ;)...You have to combine ALL jersey sales to see how well a player is doing in terms of merchandize profits, not just one single item. Cooley, for instance, has something like a whopping 25 jerseys for sale...add the sales of all his jerseys up and it's lightyears ahead of anything Brennan is bringing in. Hell, Antwaan Randle El might even eclipse Brennan's sales if you added up all of his individual jersey sales.

Heavily invested money-wise in Campbell and Collins?!?! lol :rotflmao:

When a team flies down to a certain backup QB after JG leaves and begs him to come back to backup JC and give him a rich 3 year contract what does that mean?

JC was named the starter 2 years in a row by Zorn with no real competition. What does that mean?

You can argue about the second year - Colt didn't look too hot and neither did TC. But the first year Zorn is hired he says JC is the starter whereas other new coaches that same year on other teams said we will evaluate the players and have a competition at every spot you know sorta like what Shanny is doing. :)

Keep in mind there is the football part of a team and there is the business part of a team.

Oh yeah, by the way, there is no laughing matter when it comes to playing with real money in millions. ;)

When a team flies down to a certain backup QB after JG leaves and begs him to come back to backup JC and give him a rich 3 year contract what does that mean?

JC was named the starter 2 years in a row by Zorn with no real competition. What does that mean?

You can argue about the second year - Colt didn't look too hot and neither did TC. But the first year Zorn is hired he says JC is the starter whereas other new coaches that same year on other teams said we will evaluate the players and have a competition at every spot you know sorta like what Shanny is doing. :)

Keep in mind there is the football part of a team and there is the business part of a team.

Oh yeah, by the way, there is no laughing matter when it comes to playing with real money in millions. ;)

And none of that has anything to do with the amount of money invested into either Campbell or Collins...They had Campbell and Collins in place before Colt was even drafted onto the team. Very rarely (if ever) do teams hold off on naming a starting QB until they can see if maybe there's a QB in the draft they want to pick. The only teams that do that are the ones who are in position to draft extremely high and have the opportunity to draft a potential franchise QB.

The Skins drafted Colt late in the draft as a project to develop, and he showed enough promise and potential to earn a spot on the team. In his second year, the coaches were publicly stating that they hoped he improved enough to possibly challenge and unseat Collins as the #2 QB, but instead he seemed to regress during the preseason instead of improve, so he remained #3. That's it. Very simple. Investment "money-wise" in Campbell and Collins had zero to do with anything, because the Skins didn't have THAT much invested in them.

using the flawless logic of certain members jersey popularity = potential theory:

our best players in order of jersey sale:

Sean Taylor

Chris Cooley

Sean Taylor as a child

Umm, anyone who wants their name on a jersey

Clinton Portis

Chris Cooley as a child

Jason Campbell

Brian Orakpo

Santana Moss

Clinton Portis as a toddler

Colt Brennan

Santana Moss as a child

so as you can see, Jason Campbell and myself are better players than Colt Brennan. hell, even portis as a toddler is a better player.

Alright, that is actually pretty funny.

All you would have to do is replace "Bramlet" with "Brennan" and you're reading the exact same posts from the Cult threads.

Yeah, I was hoping someone else saw that lol :thumbsup:

The thing is, I actually like Colt and hope he succeeds for the Skins in a big way. I hope that for all the players on the team. But I'm not about to act like Colt has obviously proven himself as the best QB on the roster and the only thing keeping him from starting was incompetent coaching/too much money invested in Campbell and Collins/no real opportunities to compete/Etc, Etc, yadda yadda...

I think Colt has impressive accuracy and touch on his mid-range and deep throws, and could have/would have connected on a number of those deep passes that Campbell missed on. But I also think that Colt would have blown WAY too many scoring opportunities, especially in the red zone. Campbell was damn near perfect in the red zone this season (when the ball wasn't taken out of his hands that is):

62% completion rate

18 TDs

0 INTs

1 sack

110.9 QB rating

Colt threw 3 INTs in the red zone against scrubs in the preseason alone lol. That definitely would have continued in the regular season, I believe. And as numerous others have mentioned, his mechanics and especially his footwork needed real improvement as well. Poor decision-making, poor mechanics and poor footwork are gonna kill any QB when the bullets are flying for real and the competition is much, MUCH stronger. So in my eyes there's no reason at all to believe he's proven himself at any level yet. I hope he does prove himself, though, and I hope he proves himself while on the Skins roster...

And none of that has anything to do with the amount of money invested into either Campbell or Collins...They had Campbell and Collins in place before Colt was even drafted onto the team. Very rarely (if ever) do teams hold off on naming a starting QB until they can see if maybe there's a QB in the draft they want to pick. The only teams that do that are the ones who are in position to draft extremely high and have the opportunity to draft a potential franchise QB.

The Skins drafted Colt late in the draft as a project to develop, and he showed enough promise and potential to earn a spot on the team. In his second year, the coaches were publicly stating that they hoped he improved enough to possibly challenge and unseat Collins as the #2 QB, but instead he seemed to regress during the preseason instead of improve, so he remained #3. That's it. Very simple. Investment "money-wise" in Campbell and Collins had zero to do with anything, because the Skins didn't have THAT much invested in them.

Ok I give you Colt was just drafted in 6th round and had better numbers then JC in pre-season albeit playing with 3 and 4 string players against 3 and 4 string defenses. But his second year I will disagree with you on the fact that you think that TC was so much more impressive then Colt. And also the reality of Colt's hip bothering him and injuring him didn't help either.

But let's go back a step. TC just led the Skins to the playoffs in 07 and the first word out of Zorn's mouth is JC is the starter without even trying to do a competition between him and TC. So if it wasn't a money issue and how much was spent to get JC then what was it? Was it because JC had let the team to the playoffs too? Oh wait.

Also take in the fact Zorn is brought in to coach JC and then promoted to HC job - only to be coaching JC primarily and not being a true HC - again vesting in JC and for his future. And where did that leave us?

IF the FO didn't have anything vested in JC then they should have dumped his ass a long time ago and put that money towards getting a QB in the draft or something as per your reasoning. Why didn't the FO do that?

Anyway we could go on and on about what you think and what I think. As we all think we are right anyways. :)

Ok I give you Colt was just drafted in 6th round and had better numbers then JC in pre-season albeit playing with 3 and 4 string players against 3 and 4 string defenses. But his second year I will disagree with you on the fact that you think that TC was so much more impressive then Colt. And also the reality of Colt's hip bothering him and injuring him didn't help either.

But let's go back a step. TC just led the Skins to the playoffs in 07 and the first word out of Zorn's mouth is JC is the starter without even trying to do a competition between him and TC. So if it wasn't a money issue and how much was spent to get JC then what was it? Was it because JC had let the team to the playoffs too? Oh wait.

Also take in the fact Zorn is brought in to coach JC and then promoted to HC job - only to be coaching JC primarily and not being a true HC - again vesting in JC and for his future. And where did that leave us?

IF the FO didn't have anything vested in JC then they should have dumped his ass a long time ago and put that money towards getting a QB in the draft or something as per your reasoning. Why didn't the FO do that?

Anyway we could go on and on about what you think and what I think. As we all think we are right anyways. :)

listen snyder, we're not the vikings. we're not one ancient qb away from winning a super bowl. we need to build a franchise team and a franchise qb and that's not what collins is. collins is a serviceable backup, although he has dramatically fallen off since saunders left. you don't start some old guy because he looked ok during an emotional and dramatic stretch under a coach who is worth a couple of wins just from his pedigree. especially the way he looked in that playoff game.

and stop saying "collins led us to the playoffs." the redskins made the playoffs as a team. did mark sanchez carry the jets to the championship game? hell no. that defense and running game did.

we need a qb of the future, not a win-now qb like favre was for minnie.

Yes, "potential and imagination" (as someone else put it) has helped Brennan have one Jersey at the #11 spot. Wow lol...but as I said, if Colt ends up being the #3 QB and deactivated for pretty much the entire season yet again, watch his jersey ranking drop from #11 down to around #50.

I'm not a Brennan fan. I just gave a possible idea as to why he's on the team. It's certainly not his playing ability.

For those Sam Bradford lovers/Colt Brennan haters, can you tell me what you see, aside from Colt's sidearm release, in Sam Bradford that you don't see in Colt Brennan?

-both played in strictly shotgun college offenses, throwing about 40-50 times a game

-both put up gaudy passing stats, bringing a Heisman to Bradford and a Heisman invitation to Brennan

-Both are known for their tremendous accuracy, but weaker arm strength

What is it about Bradford that makes him worthy of drafting him at #4, but you don't even want to keep Brennan on the team?

listen snyder, we're not the vikings. we're not one ancient qb away from winning a super bowl. we need to build a franchise team and a franchise qb and that's not what collins is. collins is a serviceable backup, although he has dramatically fallen off since saunders left. you don't start some old guy because he looked ok during an emotional and dramatic stretch under a coach who is worth a couple of wins just from his pedigree. especially the way he looked in that playoff game.

and stop saying "collins led us to the playoffs." the redskins made the playoffs as a team. did mark sanchez carry the jets to the championship game? hell no. that defense and running game did.

we need a qb of the future, not a win-now qb like favre was for minnie.

:doh: Missing my point of not even having a QB competition. And your point about Snyder I believe is incorrect. Doesn't he want to win a SB. Just one no matter what - hence the circus so far.

For those Sam Bradford lovers/Colt Brennan haters, can you tell me what you see, aside from Colt's sidearm release, in Sam Bradford that you don't see in Colt Brennan?

-both played in strictly shotgun college offenses, throwing about 40-50 times a game

-both put up gaudy passing stats, bringing a Heisman to Bradford and a Heisman invitation to Brennan

What is it about Bradford that makes him worthy of drafting him at #4, but you don't even want to keep Brennan on the team?

Somebody said that Bradford had taken a few snaps from every game under center. Besides that, though, I have no idea how you take Bradford that high. Bradford has some big questions, in my opinion. He's got the weak arm, injury prone, and he played as a spread qb.

Level of Competition. ....I still like JC, though.

I thought 2 preseasons by Brennan demonstrated why level of competition mattered.

It certainly does matter, but I'm saying the two preseasons Brennan has logged thus far would still put him ahead of where Bradford is right now. I don't mean this as a basis of why he should be starting right now, I mean it as a comparison with Bradford. I think Brennan's time at backup puts him at the same level or ahead of Bradford's level of competition.

Archived