Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colt Brennan on SportsCenter

AirMayo21

Thing is, Colt was really lousy last preseason. He was outplayed by all the other qbs on the preseason roster and by a good margin. Colt is living off potential and imagination at this point.

I'd love it if he became what his supporters envision him to be, but we have yet to see it.

Here were Colt's stats from this past preseason...

Week 1 vs. Ravens. 4-12, 43 yards, 0 TD's, 1 int.

Pretty bad, especially since Collins was a sharp 8-11. Campbell was 3-6, 38 yards, 0 TD, 0 int.

Week 2 vs. Steelers. 3-5, 42 yards, 0 TD's, 1 int.

Blah performance made worse since Chase Daniel tossed 2 TD's. But Collins also tossed an int and Campbell was a dismal 1-7 for 10 yards.

Week 3 vs. Patriots. 6-12, 81 yards, 1 TD, 1 int.

Brennan threw a costly int that was returned 99 yards for a TD, but followed it up with a beautiful touch pass for a 33 yard TD to Marko Mitchell. Campbell played most of the game and went 13-22 for 209, 0 TD's and 0 ints.

Week 4 vs. Jacksonville. 10-14, 84 yards, 0 TD, 0 int.

Nice performance. Campbell was 3-6 for 33 yards, 0 TD's, and 0 ints.

Brennan's stats, 23-43 (53.4%), 250 yards, 1 TD, 3 ints. I think he played about 5-6 quarters, or roughly 1.5 games. Doing that from memory.

Compare Brennan's stats to Campbell's. 20-41 (49%), 290 yards, 0 TD, 0 int.

Brennan's 3 ints stand out. But he had a slightly better % than Campbell, and 1 more TD. Not great, but not awful. He just needs to play it safer with the ball.

Thing is, Colt was really lousy last preseason. He was outplayed by all the other qbs on the preseason roster and by a good margin.

He was also injured all preseason. He wasn't simply stashed on IR to carry an extra lineman or running back.

];7274103']It's too bad he has piss poor mechanics and an even slower windup than Campbell' date=' or he could be more than a 3rd string QB.

Hopefully he's improving, we need a consistent backup for the next couple of years. After all, tha backup QB is the second most important player on the team.[/quote']

His mechanics may be bad but he definitely doesn't have a slow windup.

Now tell me, in Shanahan's Walsh based offense, which QB on our roster do you think will flourish the most? The ridiculously accurate one who's familiar with it and ran it to near perfection in college, or the one whose seen 5 different systems already and has struggled with the short, timing based routes in all of them?

I'll go with Option C: the Shanahans will want their own new handpicked QB for their system, and either Campbell or Brennan will be placeholders until the new QB is ready to take over.

only the last game, and he clearly struggled all preseason

I was under the impression from doctors that his hamstring problems,which had been bothering him before tearing it,were a result from his hip injury. That injury had apparently been around for much,if not all the preseason. Could be wrong though.

];7274103']It's too bad he has piss poor mechanics and an even slower windup than Campbell' date=' or he could be more than a 3rd string QB.

[/quote']

The problem I have with this statement is how the hell did he have a 70.3% accuracy in college where no other QB in college history has been able to do it while playing only 3 quarters for most of the games.

Let's see what he can do with the big boys before we pass a judgment on him. OK!

Thank you TK for bringing some reality to this thread as well. :)

^^^

Except he was playing against 3rd stringers and people sitting on benches in Canada.

Seriously, I can't wait until this dude is off the team. The Cult is an embarrassment.

I'd be embarrassed if I'd just posted that, seriously. The offenses Colt was working with were, as you say, "3rd stringers and people sitting on benches in Canada" at the same time. Not sure, but it seems I recall Colt got a chance with the starters but I'd imagine that would've been against defensive starters as well.

The problem I have with this statement is how the hell did he have a 70.3% accuracy in college where no other QB in college history has been able to do it while playing only 3 quarters for most of the games.

Let's see what he can do with the big boys before we pass a judgment on him. OK!

Thank you TK for bringing some reality to this thread as well. :)

The talent level he played against in college wanes when compared to what other college QBs have to go up against, especially in the bigger conferences. He was accurate at Hawaii because of his athleticism, not because of his football smarts.

The talent level he played against in college wanes when compared to what other college QBs have to go up against, especially in the bigger conferences. He was accurate at Hawaii because of his athleticism, not because of his football smarts.

So basically what you are saying is that Zorn was wrong then in saying "The thing that I look for is one of the strong suits of a QB: is can he hit what he is throwing at. Colt has done that. He has been a 70% passer. Really whatever level and whatever type of defense you are going against to throw 70% completion there is some accuracy. You can see that in many of the games in the last couple of seasons. You can see his accuracy. He has the ability to move around. He is a 4.7 runner in the 40. Also his lateral movement and his ability to get himself in the position to throw the ball after a play breaks down is tremendous."

BECAUSE PRESEASON PERFORMANCE IS ONLY AN ACCURATE PREDICTION WHEN THEY DO BAD. Of course when they do good, its "only" the preseason and they were only playing against 3rd stringers. People that want to hate, will find a way to hate regardless.

I'm going to throw out the fact that given how ****ty our STARTING oline was, our 3rd string Oline must have been like the strong current of a wade pool.

He was also injured all preseason. He wasn't simply stashed on IR to carry an extra lineman or running back.

I think you're off here a bit, TK. Colt got hurt, I believe, in the last game of the preseason against Jacksonville. He was far from "injured all preseason".

You should stick with reading the tea leaves. :pfft:

^^^

Except he was playing against 3rd stringers and people sitting on benches in Canada.

Seriously, I can't wait until this dude is off the team. The Cult is an embarrassment.

THANK YOU......

Colt is horrible. The Cult of Colt has made me hate this dude.

On a side note, why do I have this feeling that if we go QB in the first round, come preseason time, Colt is gonna come out looking like Tom Brady LOL.....

THANK YOU......

Colt is horrible. The Cult of Colt has made me hate this dude.

On a side note, why do I have this feeling that if we go QB in the first round, come preseason time, Colt is gonna come out looking like Tom Brady LOL.....

If Colt is horrible then he shouldn't come out looking like Tom Brady. ;)

BECAUSE PRESEASON PERFORMANCE IS ONLY AN ACCURATE PREDICTION WHEN THEY DO BAD. Of course when they do good, its "only" the preseason and they were only playing against 3rd stringers. People that want to hate, will find a way to hate regardless.

I'm going to throw out the fact that given how ****ty our STARTING oline was, our 3rd string Oline must have been like the strong current of a wade pool.

Well if you do well against 3rd stringers it doesn't necessarily mean that you'll do well against better competition

but if you do bad against 3rd stringers, there's a pretty good chance you're going to do worse against better competition

I was under the impression from doctors that his hamstring problems,which had been bothering him before tearing it,were a result from his hip injury. That injury had apparently been around for much,if not all the preseason. Could be wrong though.

Ding.

And he's still not 100% (which is still within his recovery time) so Shanny hasn't seen him throw in person yet. While this may be a small thing to some, it's actually a cog in the much bigger picture of the future of the franchise under Shanny.

I think you're off here a bit, TK. Colt got hurt, I believe, in the last game of the preseason against Jacksonville. He was far from "injured all preseason".

You should stick with reading the tea leaves. :pfft:

This is why you're you & you're not me. :)

This is correct.

There is not a doubt in my mind that he is a starting qb in the league.

For the love of God people, (not you PCS), Rex Grossman took a team to the SB.

Colt does not suck as hard as Rex Grossman does.

He is a starter. He reminds me of a young Jay Cutler.

Let's see what the boss thinks.

Archived