Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best overall toothpaste ?

Mickalino

In your opinion, what is the best toothpaste for fighting all possible tooth issues, including Cavities, Tartar, Plaque, Gingivitis ?

Also, what are some 'do it yourself' methods that you may have heard, to bolster this area, such as hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, etc ?

And does anyone brush your tongue ?

I just recently heard of this action as an important one.

I'm no Dentist but Listerine hands down. Not sure about any do it yourself methods I just floss, use a Sonicare brush with Listerine toothpaste, and rinse with Listerine mouthwash.

And does anyone brush your tongue ?

I just recently heard of this action as an important one.

Yep, it's really important if you smoke or drink coffee!

Sonic or electric tooth brush more important than paste.

I always forget tongue ,but many brush.

Baking soda mix with salt on occasion is very good but also a little gross.

Most important time to brush. One hour after done eating for day. Assuming this is night time up to ten hours clean.

To get rid of all bad breath you would have to be a vegetarian. After 20

till 25 days bad breath was gone for me.

I'm no Dentist but Listerine hands down. Not sure about any do it yourself methods I just floss, use a Sonicare brush with Listerine toothpaste, and rinse with Listerine mouthwash.

Yep, it's really important if you smoke or drink coffee!

My dentist really prefers a non-alcohol mouthwash. The alcohol has a drying effect.

You are a nasty animal if you don't brush your tongue. :)

This might be a dumb question, but do you use the same brush on your tongue, as you do for your teeth ?

Just asking, cause I figured the tongue might be more sensitive, and require a softer brush, maybe.

This might be a dumb question, but do you use the same brush on your tongue, as you do for your teeth ?

Just asking, cause I figured the tongue might be more sensitive, and require a softer brush, maybe.

I have an electric brush and I use it for my tongue, get back in there till you gag yourself I always say.

:paranoid:

I use Colgate Total. :whoknows:

I don't know why ppl think those electric/sonic toothbrushes are any better than an old fashion toothbrush. If you brush like you're supposed to w/a manual toothbrush, you get just as good a result as an electric/sonic toothbrush.

It's really not the toothpaste, it's the amount of brushing and the correct-ness of the brushing that counts. I use Colgate Total care...mint flavor. I do brush my tongue..don't know how u brush w/o doing that. I also floss, which is just as important as brushing. I also use a mouth rinse/wash. I don't use listerine..I use the store brand which is cheaper and has the same ingredients as Listerine. You have to rinse w/most of those things for a few minutes in order for them to work properly. Most dentists will not recommend any particular toothpaste or brush b/c it's the act of brushing that matters the most. Most dentists that I've asked about toothbrushes have all recommended Oral B products...and if you look in their offices, you'll see why..they have their products everywhere. The paste that they use to polish your teeth is just simple paste w/minty flavor. How do I know these things? My mom's a dental assistant..I hear it all the time. She recommends Cepacol mouthwash. It tastes horrible tho...ick! But anything is better than nothing.

Aquafresh Extreme Clean toothpaste. Trust me. It is amazing. It froths up so much and you can feel the clean for a long time. Plus, it really whitens your teeth. I went to the dentist recently and she asked me if I had gotten my teeth whitened recently, but it had been at least 6 months since I had even used a whitening strip. I attribute my white teeth to the toothpaste.

My boyfriend and I both use it, plus his brother. Some friends used our toothpaste on our trip to Vegas, and we officially converted them. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

And yes, I brush my tongue.

Aquafresh Extreme Clean toothpaste. Trust me. It is amazing. It froths up so much and you can feel the clean for a long time. Plus, it really whitens your teeth. I went to the dentist recently and she asked me if I had gotten my teeth whitened recently, but it had been at least 6 months since I had even used a whitening strip. I attribute my white teeth to the toothpaste.

My boyfriend and I both use it, plus his brother. Some friends used our toothpaste on our trip to Vegas, and we officially converted them. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

And yes, I brush my tongue.

I couldn't get over the after taste the Aquafresh left in my mouth. I did like how a little toothpaste went a long way as far as foaming up though.

Aquafresh Extreme Clean is the best toothpaste I've ever used. It does a good job actually whitening your teeth a little, and it makes you feel like you've accomplished something when you're done. I ran out and used another kind for a few days, and I kept using more and more because I couldn't feel the foaming effect like Aquafresh has.

I don't know why ppl think those electric/sonic toothbrushes are any better than an old fashion toothbrush. If you brush like you're supposed to w/a manual toothbrush, you get just as good a result as an electric/sonic toothbrush.

If you'd try a Sonicare I can gaurentee you'll notice a difference. I use an old school brush when I travel and there is seriously no comparison to the electric. Plus it seems to take a little longer.

Archived