Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

i am disgusted with a co-worker who got a dwi

squatch66

I may be wrong, but I am under the assumption that you can still get a DUI if you are passed out in your car.

In Connecticut the only way you can get a DUI in your car is if.. The car is running and your in the Driver seat.. If the keys are not in the ignition you cant get DUI..

The problem that most peole encounter with that is they drive for awhile pull over somehwere and go to sleep. Having already driven drunk with keys in the ignition.

Just as an FYI to those who stop drinking and drive here is a good table to measure yourself by..

your body can process 1 drink per hour (1shot, 1glass of wine, 1 mixed drink or 1 beer)

an average person has 3 drink in an hour, there BAC level will show the amount of 2 drinks in a breathalyzer. whether or not you have had food or how soon since your last drink will calculate into your BAC level reading

Just as an FYI to those who stop drinking and drive here is a good table to measure yourself by..

your body can process 1 drink per hour (1shot, 1glass of wine, 1 mixed drink or 1 beer)

an average person has 3 drink in an hour, there BAC level will show the amount of 2 drinks in a breathalyzer. whether or not you have had food or how soon since your last drink will calculate into your BAC level reading

I thought this was common knowledge. If not it should be.

Haha... I'd never leave the house then... Never go anywhere to hang out with people...

It is fundamentally IRRATIONAL to think that the worst case scenario is a possibility...

Worst case scenario: I get too drunk, the party sucks, and I sleep on the couch...

Best case scenario: I get a good buzz, hook up with a girl, and I sleep on the couch...

That was my best and worse case scenario...

Actual worst case scenario: I get drunk, someone breaks into the house, I get taken hostage, the cops refuse to negotiate with the person and he shoots and kills me

Actual best case scenario: THREESOME while watching the Powerball drawing and finding out that I won...

^The last 2 scenarios are so unrealistic, it's stupid to even waste your time thinking about them..

of course they are, you made them to be to suit your stance.

i was thinking more along the lines of

driving drunk, wrecking and killing myself or others

or

taking an ass beating

funny, because you actually did consider the worst case scenario for staying at the party (ass beating).

3 per hour is more than average.

And time after drinking allows the alcohol to get further into your blood.

I knoiw a guy who blew a .11 that it was impossible for him to do that as he had drank himself sober.

Another guy was drunk and seen some cops and turned around because he needed to ask a question needles to say he was arrested fro DUI

Another guy was pulled over he blew a .06 the cop was going to let him off till he said he had plenty of experiance driving at high rates of speed around corners drunk.

this gal in Cali was arrested for DUI and then her dad paid bond to get her released she went out that night got drunk 3 guys who car broke down were walking to the nearest conveniance store. she flipped her SUV one guy uninjured the other one minor one guy became a part of teh street

Time to give up the keys, partner.

If the keys are not in the ignition, you are good to go. If the keys are in, you're chargeable.

Depends on what state you are in. I sat on a jury for a DUI case where they found the suspect walking on the side of the road two miles from his car with the keys to said car in his pocket (the engine had seized). Suspicion of driving while intoxicated was enough to charge him. I had a cop try to get me once when I was completely sober. I had dropped off my car at the shop and left the keys in the keydrop at about 3 am. The fact that I had been in a bar before that was enough for him to harass me. These laws are constantly changing as the anti-DUI lobby puts pressure on lawmakers to "get tough", so anyone with a tendency to pass out in their car should find out what the law is in their area.

of course they are, you made them to be to suit your stance.

i was thinking more along the lines of

driving drunk, wrecking and killing myself or others

or

taking an ass beating

funny, because you actually did consider the worst case scenario for staying at the party (ass beating).

Well whether or not I made the best decision is in the past now... I've learned that I could have taken 100 $75 cab rides and still broke even... From now on, drinking and driving won't be in my plans...

And now I'm going to go on a tangent... If you drink alone you're an alcoholic... Well I'd rather spend 18 bucks on a 24 pack and drink it over the course of a week than spend 18 bucks on 4 beers at a bar... and then have an 8 dollar cab ride home... So call me an alcoholic if my roommate isn't home when I get home...

P.S. I now cannot blow over .04 for the next 3 years because of my conviction... And I can't blow over .00 because of the breathalyzer in my car for the next year...

Drunk driving is bad, it kills people... Plenty of people do it... Don't drink and drive... Don't let the most sober person at the party go on a beer run in your car, because in NC that's aiding and abetting which carries the same consequences...

So in conclusion:

You are not wrong in being disgusted... But then again, you must be the same for all people who get caught doing things they regularly do yet try to get out of once they do get charged...

So in conclusion:

You are not wrong in being disgusted... But then again, you must be the same for all people who get caught doing things they regularly do yet try to get out of once they do get charged...

i saw you quoted me, but i'm not sure if your tangent was solely directed at me. i hope not, because i've never acted disgusted that you drove drunk. can't say i've never done it.

i was simply pointing out that driving drunk is NEVER the "most rational" decision. i stand by that, and i think you realize it.

Don't let the most sober person at the party go on a beer run in your car, because in NC that's aiding and abetting which carries the same consequences...

That doesn't make any sense. If the sober person goes to pick up beer how is that person to know that you are going to drive drunk ? How is that person responsible at all ? It just doesn't add up. IIRC, bars are not even responsible for how much you drink anymore.

If the keys are not in the ignition, you are good to go. If the keys are in, you're chargeable.

Point is...The reason people shouldn't drink and drive is not because it is an expensive fine, and your insurance will go up, and you will have points, and you will have restrictions on your license etc. The reason drinking and driving is never the rational decision is because you are putting everyone at risk on the road. If your aren't driving then the likelihood of you destroying a bunch of lives goes down dramatically.

Point is...The reason people shouldn't drink and drive is not because it is an expensive fine, and your insurance will go up, and you will have points, and you will have restrictions on your license etc. The reason drinking and driving is never the rational decision is because you are putting everyone at risk on the road. If your aren't driving then the likelihood of you destroying a bunch of lives goes down dramatically.

You missed his point.

Someone was asking if you could be charged if you were sleeping in your car.

He wasn't talking about the right or wrong of drunk driving at all with that post.

I have one... I was the guy you're talking about, yet on the night I got mine, I was in a city 20 miles from where I lived, and got into an argument with the host of the party and had to decide $75 cab ride plus an hour waiting for it, or risking it and driving home... Needless to say I chose the ladder... Although it didn't turn out like I had hoped, I still think I made the most RATIONAL decision...

Not to be condescending, but the most rational decision was to not put yourself in this predicament to begin with, if you didn't have money for a cab ride, and couldn't work it out with the host to crash. I can tell you with 100% certainty, it was NOT to get behind the wheel of a car anyhow.

No idea why this was directed at me.

Correct. And your BAC will continue to rise. If you have 10 shots in an hour, you will register a low BAC, if you take a breathalyzer immediately after, but if you wait a few hours and don't have another drink, you get the DUI.

lol... I guess you kind of see how rampant it is and how many people get away with it, you become numb to it...

That being said... I'd be seriously pissed if one of my customers drove drunk and I got fired and charged for it... But I try to keep my bar guests in line and my 86'ing has increased a lot since I first started...

Now I don't care if the guy thinks I'm cutting him off just to prove I'm a bigger man than him... (Because I am lol)

I think this is true. I always worked more high end places, but now I work in the bar that everybody knows is for the serious drinkers.

I flag people, whenever I feel like it. Being a drunk, talking about God, being a dick, whatever.

We almost never cut a person off if they can keep their composure. It's just how we work. Of course, we are the locals/ drinkingest bar, here in Vodka Valley.

In VA, if you're drunk and sleeping in your car. You need to be in the back seat with the keys out of the ignition. I can't remember if the keys should be separate from your person as well (i.e. keys front seat, you sleeping back seat.).

Is there anywhere that says that? The only thing I see is the Code of Virginia 18.2-266. It is unlawful to operate...So I would think you are in the clear as long as you could not reasonably said to be "operating" the vehicle. Being in the driver's seat might be a gray area. But if you were legally parked with the keys out of the ignition, I think you and the keys could be pretty much anywhere else in the car. (Unfortunately, after my experience, I wouldn't put it past certain cops to just claim you were in the drivers seat.)

Archived