Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

i am disgusted with a co-worker who got a dwi

squatch66

Is there anywhere that says that? The only thing I see is the Code of Virginia 18.2-266. It is unlawful to operate...So I would think you are in the clear as long as you could not reasonably said to be "operating" the vehicle. Being in the driver's seat might be a gray area. But if you were legally parked with the keys out of the ignition, I think you and the keys could be pretty much anywhere else in the car. (Unfortunately, after my experience, I wouldn't put it past certain cops to just claim you were in the drivers seat.)

It was PA, but I was in DUI classes with a woman, who was asleep in the backseat and keys not in the ignition and she got one. Her annual 2 glasses of wine at her Christmas party, turned into three, so after driving for 5 minutes, she pulled over and went to sleep.

It was PA, but I was in DUI classes with a woman, who was asleep in the backseat and keys not in the ignition and she got one. Her annual 2 glasses of wine at her Christmas party, turned into three, so after driving for 5 minutes, she pulled over and went to sleep.

It just seems to me that you could get in trouble for trying to do the right thing by sleeping in your car. This post is a good example of that.

Also... If I was drunk and decided to sleep in my car, I'd probably have the keys in the ignition and leave the car running. I'd either have the heat or the A/C on depending on the time of year. Just something else to consider.

It just seems to me that you could get in trouble for trying to do the right thing by sleeping in your car. This post is a good example of that.

Also... If I was drunk and decided to sleep in my car, I'd probably have the keys in the ignition and leave the car running. I'd either have the heat or the A/C on depending on the time of year. Just something else to consider.

Yeah, if you start driving and realize you shouldn't be, it's in your best interest to keep driving and not do the "right" thing and pull over.

Well whether or not I made the best decision is in the past now... I've learned that I could have taken 100 $75 cab rides and still broke even... From now on, drinking and driving won't be in my plans...

And now I'm going to go on a tangent... If you drink alone you're an alcoholic... Well I'd rather spend 18 bucks on a 24 pack and drink it over the course of a week than spend 18 bucks on 4 beers at a bar... and then have an 8 dollar cab ride home... So call me an alcoholic if my roommate isn't home when I get home...

P.S. I now cannot blow over .04 for the next 3 years because of my conviction... And I can't blow over .00 because of the breathalyzer in my car for the next year...

Drunk driving is bad, it kills people... Plenty of people do it... Don't drink and drive... Don't let the most sober person at the party go on a beer run in your car, because in NC that's aiding and abetting which carries the same consequences...

So in conclusion:

You are not wrong in being disgusted... But then again, you must be the same for all people who get caught doing things they regularly do yet try to get out of once they do get charged...

Ok that post means you may actually finally get it.

I wasnt gonna post here because I posted a while back on a thread where a member was asking advice on how to beat a DUI.

I lost my Fiancee, her little brother and her mother to a guy who thought it was no big deal to drive home rather than pay 40 bucks for a cab ride. It took me almost a decade to come to terms with what I lost. If I had been able to I would have killed the piece of **** with absolutely no compunction. however he got 6 months in jail and a 2 year suspension of his licence, he then got out and wrapped his truck (which he was driving illegally) around a lamp post, preventing me from going to jail for killing him.

Miss U had the smartest suggestions for you, walk a few blocks, hit up a convenience store and call a cab.

Stop hangning out with scumbags who hang out with scumbags who screwed your family over

drive around the corner and crash out in the back seat

take a beating

ANY of those are better than risking killing somone because of your own stupidity.

for the guy who made the post bragging about how he drives drunk all the time, please go and drink some bleach, its faster and more effective, and hopefully you wont kill anyone else.

i saw you quoted me, but i'm not sure if your tangent was solely directed at me. i hope not, because i've never acted disgusted that you drove drunk. can't say i've never done it.

i was simply pointing out that driving drunk is NEVER the "most rational" decision. i stand by that, and i think you realize it.

Of course, usually when your too drunk to drive your not sober enough to make rational decisions.

i saw you quoted me, but i'm not sure if your tangent was solely directed at me. i hope not, because i've never acted disgusted that you drove drunk. can't say i've never done it.

i was simply pointing out that driving drunk is NEVER the "most rational" decision. i stand by that, and i think you realize it.

I just quoted you for the first line.. The rest was a tangent that I didn't want to make another reply for...

That doesn't make any sense. If the sober person goes to pick up beer how is that person to know that you are going to drive drunk ? How is that person responsible at all ? It just doesn't add up. IIRC, bars are not even responsible for how much you drink anymore.

2 things you may have missed I said "Most sober", which means that they might just be the least drunk person, also I said using your car, which means you gave them the keys and permission to drive drunk possibly killing someone in your car...

I think this is true. I always worked more high end places, but now I work in the bar that everybody knows is for the serious drinkers.

I flag people, whenever I feel like it. Being a drunk, talking about God, being a dick, whatever.

We almost never cut a person off if they can keep their composure. It's just how we work. Of course, we are the locals/ drinkingest bar, here in Vodka Valley.

Yeah, gotta watch out for the warning signs, I've never been cut off from a bar, unless I asked (It's a habit of mine to ask to be cut off as I'm paying the tab, just so I can say "Last night I got cut off from 3 bars!" because that's funny), when I'm drunk, I'm still calm, I don't get loud or obnoxious, I can still talk (well better than most people), never rude, still patient... The bartenders have no reason to cut me off..

Ok that post means you may actually finally get it.

Yeah I get it... I've worked at my job for 4 months now and I think I've only drank there about 3 or 4 times... One time with my roommate (who drove me), another time with coworkers, stayed at one of their houses about a block away, once with a local friend (stayed at his house that night), and another time with my friend from Charlotte (he drove me back home before driving back to Charlotte [it was for the Raiders/Redskins game, he's a huge Raiders fan])

I honestly think that cities need to have better public transportation, in a city of 250K, the bus system is horrible and stops about 3 miles from my house which isn't that far away from the city center, maybe 8 miles away... I know that if I decided to sell my car and rely on public transport I'd have to move as well...

Archived