Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sage Rosenfels and Rex Grossman QB in 2010

KirkNC

There are two QB's who make a lot of sense to look at; both know the system and language being brought on by Kyle.

Sage Rosenfels and Rex Grossman.

Campbell should be tendered and then we should seek a trade for him picking up what value we can and hopefully offsetting the cost of bringing in one of these two.

Not sure which Kyle would actually prefer and which their respective teams would trade them and for what compensation but either represents a quality move in DC.

Both Rex and Sage would provide better options for the team. They may or may not have the talent Campbell does, but they would come in knowing the offense and help those around them play at a higher level.

Campbell had shown us that he does not pick up new offenses quickly. He has showl that year of the last 4 years in fact.

It should be an open competition for every spot and the best players should play regardless of salary or draft position.

Assuming a rookie QB comes in, I'd like to see us go with a young QB who could potentially be a long-term back-up to him. Maybe that's Brennan, or maybe we can acquire someone fairly cheap. Caleb Hanie or Matt Flynn would be my first two choices, but I don't know if it's realistic to think we could trade for them. And then a veteran mentor type, whether that's Collins or a Jon Kitna kind of signing.

No Rex Grossman in DC. I don't care if he brings Rex Ryan with him.

Never been a Gross-man fan but I've heard on multiple occasions that the Texans (Shanahan) were very pleased in the progress he made and had wished he had gotten the longer term contract rather than the other guy (can't remember the name but the guy that ran out of the endzone in Detroit).

I'd be perfectly fine with Grossman coming in to compete with Collins/Brennan. Hell if he beats out Campbell so be it. I'm a pro-Campbell guy but I'm all for competition at any position. Rex could be the coach on the field that Collins was under Saunders an speed the transition for Campbell/draftpick/Brennan/Waterboy or whoever else starts at QB for the Redskins in 2010 and beyond.

Never been a Gross-man fan but I've heard on multiple occasions that the Texans (Shanahan) were very pleased in the progress he made and had wished he had gotten the longer term contract rather than the other guy (can't remember the name but the guy that ran out of the endzone in Detroit).

I'd be perfectly fine with Grossman coming in to compete with Collins/Brennan. Hell if he beats out Campbell so be it. I'm a pro-Campbell guy but I'm all for competition at any position. Rex could be the coach on the field that Collins was under Saunders an speed the transition for Campbell/draftpick/Brennan/Waterboy or whoever else starts at QB for the Redskins in 2010 and beyond.

if baby shanny said he was pleased with his progression, by all means sign him.

Campbell should be tendered and then we should seek a trade for him picking up what value we can and hopefully offsetting the cost of bringing in one of these two.

[snip]

Campbell had shown us that he does not pick up new offenses quickly. He has showl that year of the last 4 years in fact.

I think you just determined Campbell's trade value - none. I doubt, seriously, you could get a 7th rounder in 2020 for him.

if baby shanny said he was pleased with his progression, by all means sign him.

Normally, I'd say WTF, but I agree. Just not as the starter. If he's our 2nd or 3rd stringer, sure. On the other hand, Rosenfels would be great to have, besides some idiotic last minute mistakes (mostly trying to hard to win the game by himself, which would be an improvement over trying to hard not to lose the game by himself), he was looking pretty solid his last year in Houston.

I'm with the Matt Flynn crowd though, that guy will be a solid starter someday. It would cost us some picks though.

But, at this point, I'm apt to say, "Whatever the Shanahans, and Allen, feel is good for us, I'ma support." Mostly, I don't believe they'd do anything like bringing in Grossman. But, stranger things have happenned in the last couple months, Vinny got the can and I never thought that would happen.

[

But, at this point, I'm apt to say, "Whatever the Shanahans, and Allen, feel is good for us, I support."

+1 it would be fun to have an open competition. That usually brings out the best in everybody. I don't think either Sage or Rex will be good for us.

I swear I have searched the internet far and wide, and I have never ever heard Rex Grossman name thrown around so much as a decent QB than here. Unbelievable.

Probably because he isn't. Fans want change for the sake of change, which is how emotional rather than logical decisions get made further hindering our team from making any real progress. I'd be okay with bringing him in to compete and help learn the Shanahan offense but it wouldn't be with a contract that in anyway guarantees a spot on the roster.

Normally, I'd say WTF, but I agree. Just not as the starter. If he's our 2nd or 3rd stringer, sure. On the other hand, Rosenfels would be great to have, besides some idiotic last minute mistakes (mostly trying to hard to win the game by himself, which would be an improvement over trying to hard not to lose the game by himself), he was looking pretty solid his last year in Houston.

Isn't this the complaint that many have with Jason? After our team blows a lead he has been unable to deliver fourth quarter magic? How will a less talented and older version help us?

Anyone but Campbell...

What a grand solution you've suggested. Campbell isn't an elite starter in the NFL and probably never will be at this point but he's better than any of the available options. You don't remove an average player without an equal or better replacement for him. We don't have that available unless there is someone in the draft that peaks our interest. We won't know this untill combine/workouts/senior bowl/etc.

Archived