Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sage Rosenfels and Rex Grossman QB in 2010

KirkNC

Isn't this the complaint that many have with Jason? After our team blows a lead he has been unable to deliver fourth quarter magic? How will a less talented and older version help us?

Rosenfels already knows KS's Offense, and has already performed admirably in it a couple times. I don't know why "many" have a problem with JC, but MY problem with him is that he does EXACTLY what I said I'd prefer NOT to have. Here I was reffering to Rosenfels, "some idiotic last minute mistakes (mostly trying to hard to win the game by himself." Here I was reffering to Campbell, "which would be an improvement over trying to hard not to lose the game by himself)."

Campbell's problem has NEVER been that he can't protect the ball (unless we're talking about fumbles, then yes, that HAS been part of his problem), it's been that he does so at the expense of scoring. He's so timid with not wanting to throw an INT that instead he hesitates on open passes too, specifically in the Red Zone. He plays "not to lose" rather than playing to win. That's been my issue with him. He actually did a little better with that in certain games this season, but that's only because he knew he'd be drilled if he didn't get rid of the ball within 2 seconds. Rosenfels had ONE stupid mistake where he was trying to make a play, not several seasons worth, so I don't see that as comparing with JC's 3 seasons of starting QBing.

Also, like I said, I don't think either Grossman or Rosenfels would be "good" for the franchise, so I doubt this happens. Rosenfels is not spring chicken and would get pounded into oblivion in his first 3 games here unless we fix the OL. Grossman is a spring chicken, and looks like a spring chicken without a head on the field. But, if both Shanahan's feel this is the best move for the team, then I'll support it.

NO GROSSMAN IN DC!!! I don't know if ol' Sah-jey Rosenfels wants to even try out another stint in DC anyway if he could get away from Minnesota via trade or something...but I'd rather see a rookie QB brought in with a draft pick then send it to another team for a vet unproven QB.

I'm all for Rosenfels coming in as the veteran already knowing the system. If Favre returns to Minny next year either Jackson or Rosenfels will be expendable.

I however am against giving up draft picks and the Grossman idea. Another freaking Spurrier QB, yucky

Rosenfels already knows KS's Offense, and has already performed admirably in it a couple times. .... Rosenfels had ONE stupid mistake where he was trying to make a play, not several seasons worth, so I don't see that as comparing with JC's 3 seasons of starting QBing.

rosenfels has had a couple of good games in houston. out of 15 games, i would say 2, maybe 3. i dont get the fascination with him.

btw, what one stupid mistake are you talking about with sage?

Also, like I said, I don't think either Grossman or Rosenfels would be "good" for the franchise, so I doubt this happens. Rosenfels is not spring chicken and would get pounded into oblivion in his first 3 games here unless we fix the OL. Grossman is a spring chicken, and looks like a spring chicken without a head on the field. But, if both Shanahan's feel this is the best move for the team, then I'll support it.

im with you there. i think a guy like sage would be good for a backup spot, being that he knows the system.

Knowing that Rex Ryan managed to get Mark Sanchez to the AFC championship game as a rookie, I might actually be willing to tolerate Rex Grossman in that scenario.

Finally, ES didn't disappoint. I was hoping someone would take the cheese and comment on my hyperbole! The truth is, I'd take Rex Ryan as our DC in a second...but hopefully once both Rexes got here, Ryan would remind Shanahan how much of a scrub Grossman is and he'd be cut.

Rex Grossman is a "College Quarterback" and nothing else. He flourished in "The Ol' Ball Coaches" system in Florida because the emphasis is not on the QB in that system. Just go back and take a look at the QBs that came out of Florida during his tenure as Coach. None of them made it in the NFL and Grossman is just another name on that list. Yeah, he was the QB on the Bears team when they went to the Super Bowl but that team was lead by their DEFENSE not their offense.

So long story short. Don't bring Grossman to DC. As far as Sage goes he is another Todd Collins. He is tall, smart, slow, not dynamic and understands how to manage the game. Doesn't that sound familiar? Collins part 2? Anyway, I say no to both. We should go young and draft a QB.

The Skins should do what my fantasy team is going to this off-season, draft QB.

Archived