Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DM: The mini ice age starts here

hokie4redskins

QUICK!! Call it global cooling before anyone notices!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1242011/DAVID-ROSE-The-mini-ice-age-starts-here.html

The bitter winter afflicting much of the Northern Hemisphere is only the start of a global trend towards cooler weather that is likely to last for 20 or 30 years, say some of the world’s most eminent climate scientists.

Their predictions – based on an analysis of natural cycles in water temperatures in the Pacific and Atlantic oceans – challenge some of the global warming orthodoxy’s most deeply cherished beliefs, such as the claim that the North Pole will be free of ice in

summer by 2013.

According to the US National Snow and Ice Data Centre in Colorado, Arctic summer sea ice has increased by 409,000 square miles, or 26 per cent, since 2007 – and even the most committed global warming activists do not dispute this.

The scientists’ predictions also undermine the standard climate computer models, which assert that the warming of the Earth since 1900 has been driven solely by man-made greenhouse gas emissions and will continue as long as carbon dioxide levels rise.

Click link for full article.

Awesome news! Finally we can stop worrying about all the silly stuff. Finally somebody asked a question:

The work of Profs Latif, Tsonis and their teams raises a crucial question: If some of the late 20th Century warming was caused not by carbon dioxide but by MDOs, then how much?

And gave an answer:

Tsonis did not give a figure; Latif suggested it could be anything between ten and 50 per cent.

If anybody really cares:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojib_Latif

"At the UN's World Climate Conference 2009 in Geneva Latif gave a talk about prediction that used, amongst other material, results from this paper.[2] New Scientist reported about Latif's research that "we could be about to enter one or even two decades of cooler temperatures".[3] This interpretation has been stated as incorrect in an interview with Latif,[4] after being asked whether he was a climate sceptic, he explained that "If my name was not Mojib Latif, my name would be global warming. So I really believe in Global Warming. Okay. However, you know, we have to accept that there are these natural fluctuations, and therefore, the temperature may not show additional warming temporarily.""

If anybody really cares:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojib_Latif

"At the UN's World Climate Conference 2009 in Geneva Latif gave a talk about prediction that used, amongst other material, results from this paper.[2] New Scientist reported about Latif's research that "we could be about to enter one or even two decades of cooler temperatures".[3] This interpretation has been stated as incorrect in an interview with Latif,[4] after being asked whether he was a climate sceptic, he explained that "If my name was not Mojib Latif, my name would be global warming. So I really believe in Global Warming. Okay. However, you know, we have to accept that there are these natural fluctuations, and therefore, the temperature may not show additional warming temporarily.""

Details, details.

Hey, I'm doing my part. It's the other red-heads you should be lecturing. But either way, we're like ****roaches. You always think you're gonna get rid of us, but somehow we keep surviving.

As much as they may try, we shall never disappear.

Their women will see to that.

~Banging one of your sisters

Is this part of the new Ice Age?

Big freeze gives rise to rarest frosty phenomenon: a snow pipe

It looks like the work of aliens, late-night pranksters or an as yet undiscovered animal building a nest.

But this strange-looking snow formation has a very natural explanation.

'Snow rolls' are cylinders of snow found in freezing conditions on open ground and most commonly appear on the prairies of North America.

Also known as snowrollers, snow bales and snow doughnuts, the phenomenon requires a precise balance of air temperature, ice, snow, moisture and wind. They are essentially a wintry version of tumbleweed.

article-0-07D01BEE000005DC-780_468x286.jpg

article-0-07D01B74000005DC-138_468x617.jpg

Click on the link for the full article

you know... I have to admit that my education deviates from the fields required to understand climate change/global warming/greenhouse effect, etc...

but i DO KNOW that gleeful self-proclaimed "skeptics" pretty much always come across as boogar eating morons. :whoknows:

i don't understand the climat e models... but i DO KNOW THAT THEY ARE NOT UNIVARIATE. THere is more than one factor (carbon) that affects weather... is that hard to understand?

"And Dude, please, 'climate change' is the preferred nomenclature."

When you are freezing your behind off, the name "Global Warming" is just stupid. Gotta come up with another name to scare people into legislating that humans pollute with the simple act of breathing:hysterical:

I doubt the Global warming fanatics will ever admit that their agenda had nothing to do with global climate.

Archived