Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

fox sports: shanahan has 100% controll

Skins_Win_Again

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/NFL?vid=316591a8-e715-46a3-b19a-543c8b6f8ebc

Now this is a video. but basiclly Glazer says the obvious about mike being hired. However, he also adds that hes the head of football operations as well as the coach. He understands theres already bruce allen however, its believed that mike was given 100% controll. bruce allen is still the gm btw its just mike has the controll now

I think the way this will work. Mike will set the rosters for game day, and decide who needs to be cut or traded, Allen will take care of the business side of things, and coordinate with scouts to find the players mike says he needs. That's how it should be anyways.

I think the way this will work. Mike will set the rosters for game day, and decide who needs to be cut or traded, Allen will take care of the business side of things, and coordinate with scouts to find the players mike says he needs. That's how it should be anyways.

yeah mike was given controll over player personal and picking who he wants and bruce is there to just make the contracts and handle buisness

Well, that would have me a little worried. I don't mind if Shanny gets to look over the scouting reports and makes his preferences known, he does need to get the kind of player he needs, but I prefer a little more division of resources and perspectives.

I'll repeat what I said in the other thread, this system has not worked well in the majority of instances. Now we have brought in a guy who has had a very bad history regarding personnel moves which is why he is no longer in Denver.

Not convinced? Look at some of the high draft picks he had in Denver that flopped. Players like Marucs Nash, Ashley Lelie, Willie Middlebrooks, George Foster and Jarvis Moss were all first-round picks that busted.

Source: http://peteprisco.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6315047/19392624

I'll repeat what I said in the other thread, this system has not worked well in the majority of instances. Now we have brought in a guy who has had a very bad history regarding personnel moves which is why he is no longer in Denver.

Not convinced? Look at some of the high draft picks he had in Denver that flopped. Players like Marucs Nash, Ashley Lelie, Willie Middlebrooks, George Foster and Jarvis Moss were all first-round picks that busted.

Source: http://peteprisco.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6315047/19392624

Look at Denvers 2006 draft, it's pretty good.

Patriots and Eagles are setup this way. In fact, it sounds pretty much like the structure employed by Gibbs II. Gibbs' approach was collaborative and inclusive just because that's how he wanted to run things, but he could have chosen to go the dictatorial route a la Marty if he had wanted.

The faces have changed, but the structure remains the same. Fine with me. People are really weird about the structure and titles and whatnot with this team. None of it matters if they can't find a solid long-term solution at QB.

Patriots and Eagles are setup this way. In fact, it sounds pretty much like the structure employed by Gibbs II. Gibbs' approach was collaborative and inclusive just because that's how he wanted to run things, but he could have chosen to go the dictatorial route a la Marty if he had wanted.

The faces have changed, but the structure remains the same. Fine with me. People are really weird about the structure and titles and whatnot with this team. None of it matters if they can't find a solid long-term solution at QB.

That's my biggest disappointment at Gibbs 2.0, he had the power to shut Snyder out and get rid of Vinny, but he didn't. He let Dan and Vinny think they were really helping out, and so when he left they thought they could just follow Gibbs' pattern and do it on their own. That led to a virtual repeat of the Steve Spurrier era.

Hopefully Allen has some input to stop any stupid ideas.

That's what I'm thinking too. Mike will tell Allen the guys he wants and Allen will find a way to bring them in. Danny's role will be writing the checks for these players.

I agree that Shanahan should decide who he wants on the roster anyway. I'm sure Allen will have a part in that, but ultimately the coach should be able to decide on the players he's coaching.

That's what I'm thinking too. Mike will tell Allen the guys he wants and Allen will find a way to bring them in. Danny's role will be writing the checks for these players.

I agree that Shanahan should decide who he wants on the roster anyway. I'm sure Allen will have a part in that, but ultimately the coach should be able to decide on the players he's coaching.

Ok, what if Mike suddenly he decides he wants to pay top dollar for another Courtney Brown? Does Allen have to cede that decision to him or does he have veto power?

If not, these recent moves don't look as good as we thought they did.

I thought total control meant just that, total control. Like when Marty was here, he had total control and that meant that he was the one making the draft picks. Gotta say that does scare me a bit, I prefer the more traditional set up where the GM picks who comes and the HC picks who leaves.

Why would you want Bruce picking Mikes players??

Archived