Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

fox sports: shanahan has 100% controll

Skins_Win_Again

Ok, what if Mike suddenly he decides he wants to pay top dollar for another Courtney Brown? Does Allen have to cede that decision to him or does he have veto power?

If not, these recent moves don't look as good as we thought they did.

That's a good question. Maybe Shanny decides who he wants and then Allen sees if its possible or not? I'm not sure. But my guess is that Allen and Shanny will both be looking at roster moves with Shanny deciding who he wants and doesn't want. Allen will then figure out the logistics of a trade or the money involved. I'm sure Allen will have input on players too, but I do think a coach should have final say in who he wants to coach.

First Allen had the authority, now Shanahan, guess who's next. :hysterical:

read below.

That's a good question. Maybe Shanny decides who he wants and then Allen sees if its possible or not? I'm not sure. But my guess is that Allen and Shanny will both be looking at roster moves with Shanny deciding who he wants and doesn't want. Allen will then figure out the logistics of a trade or the money involved. I'm sure Allen will have input on players too, but I do think a coach should have final say in who he wants to coach.

How is this hard to understand?

I don't want us giving up 2 draft picks for a RB we never us (like what happened under Gibbs).

That **** has to stop.

Right now, I'm not convinced the FO structure is clear-cut enough to my liking to ensure that our organization will be speaking with one competent, clear voice.

I don't want us giving up 2 draft picks for a RB we never us (like what happened under Gibbs).

That **** has to stop.

Right now, I'm not convinced the FO structure is clear-cut enough to my liking to ensure that our organization will be speaking with one competent, clear voice.

I don't think Allen would let Shanny do anything crazy. I guess we won't know how the FO is set up until FA starts and the draft. I'm not too worried. I'd rather have Allen or Shanny making decisions over Vinny. So its gotta be better than years past.

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/NFL?vid=316591a8-e715-46a3-b19a-543c8b6f8ebc

Now this is a video. but basiclly Glazer says the obvious about mike being hired. However, he also adds that hes the head of football operations as well as the coach. He understands theres already bruce allen however, its believed that mike was given 100% controll. bruce allen is still the gm btw its just mike has the controll now

So Allen is just a stuffed suit.

I don't think Allen would let Shanny do anything crazy. I guess we won't know how the FO is set up until FA starts and the draft. I'm not too worried. I'd rather have Allen or Shanny making decisions over Vinny. So its gotta be better than years past.

Let's hope so.

As I've said before, a rash of FO hirings (particularly a drastic increase in the scouting department) would go a long way to put my mind at ease.

Patriots and Eagles are setup this way. In fact, it sounds pretty much like the structure employed by Gibbs II. Gibbs' approach was collaborative and inclusive just because that's how he wanted to run things, but he could have chosen to go the dictatorial route a la Marty if he had wanted.

The faces have changed, but the structure remains the same. Fine with me. People are really weird about the structure and titles and whatnot with this team. None of it matters if they can't find a solid long-term solution at QB.

+1

It is known that Allen was hand picked by Shanahan and Allen also worked with Kyle Shanahan before. The setup is perfect. Allen will have input, but we have been saying on here recently that Allen isn't that strong personel wise, but of course people will complain because he isn't the sole person bringing in players.

Give Dan props. He gave us what we have wanted and then some. I am PUMPED and the direction of this team is in good hands.

+1

Give Dan props. He gave us what we have wanted and then some. I am PUMPED and the direction of this team is in good hands.

And people still can't help themselves from complaining.

We don't know exactly how the FO is going to work but people are just assuming things at this point. Take the "Allen is just a stuffed suit" comment above.

You don't know how they are going to work together.

I have to say that the whole GM set up in the NFL has always puzzled me. I was always used to watching soccer, a sport in which the coach or manager himself is always responsible for the players signed to the team. The idea that a coach in the NFL is responsible for getting results from players that he doesn't necessarily wants is quite ridiculous.

For that reason, I'm glad Shanny is being given the responsibility.

And people still can't help themselves from complaining.

Please stop with that nonsense.

I think 10 years of mediocrity to less than mediocrity earns Snyder his fair share of criticism until tangible results are seen.

I'm not jumping all over you for being ecstatic, am I?

Some of us just would rather wait and see.

I see it as this, a coach knows what he needs to make his team work and I understand that he may or may not have had a bad rap in Denver however it has been reported that the man has spent the last several months or so studying other teams so maybe he has learned a little with his year off. Its to early to tell if it will work or not I have a wait and see approach.

Please stop with that nonsense.

I think 10 years of mediocrity to less than mediocrity earns Snyder his fair share of criticism until tangible results are seen.

I'm not jumping all over you for being ecstatic, am I?

Some of us just would rather wait and see.

I'm not jumping all over you for being pessimistic. I am pointing out that the fans, which I assume includes you, have asked for many things. Some of which have been to sell the team, as your sig shows. We allknow that won't happen so we now have our other wishes. A real GM and a hard nosed Coach with a proven track record.

Some fans just can't be happy with it. A wait and see attitude is fine but to just throw out accusations that Dan is still gonna have 100% control when we have been told the opposite plus bashing how the relationship between Shanny and Allen will work before knowing anything other than we have both of them on our team now is preposterous.

Thanks,

Some fans just can't be happy with it. A wait and see attitude is fine but to just throw out accusations that Dan is still gonna have 100% control when we have been told the opposite plus bashing how the relationship between Shanny and Allen will work before knowing anything other than we have both of them on our team now is preposterous.

Thanks,

Please tell me where I said this.

(and, for the record, I will change my sig)

im pretty sure this is how the eagles operate, and they do ok.

as long as the coach and Gm are working together im fine. its when dan snyder is picking players that it becomes an issue.

I would imagine most teams have this set up. Why would you not want the coach to have a say on the roster moves. As long as Shanny sticks to the coaching aspect and let's Allen do the scouting and such, we'll be fine.

i think the reason that Snyder was infatuated with Shanny is because Shanny seemed to have a penchant for going after high priced players when he was in denver. Correct me if i'm wrong but I believe Denver always seemed to be an active team in free agency and it was Shanny at the helm. I just hope that Shanny has some quality personnel peeps with him who he heeds advice from when needed.

Archived