Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attention Members Of The Media

TK

:hysterical::hysterical:

Can we get a Media Sucks sign?

I've never understood the media hate on this site. Why does everyone get their panties in a bunch over a perceived lack of respect for the Skins from the media or a perceived favorable bias for other teams?

Here's the facts: Competition in sports journalism is fierce. What's focused on is what's likely to sell newspapers or generate hits on websites. You can cry all you want about balance and journalistic integrity, but lets be honest: this is sports, not politics. Who really gives a rat's ass if the Patriots get a lot more coverage than most teams?

Hmmmm, here's an idea: If everyone hates the media so much, then don't read the newspapers or the websites or watch ESPN.

On second thought, feel free to watch ESPN. Those talking heads aren't real journalists anyways.

One more question. I'm not saying this to be a smart ass, I just honestly want to know: What big scoop has ever been broken by ES or one of it's posters or mods? And I'm not just talking about some speculation that just happened to come true. Please educate me.

I've never understood the media hate on this site. Why does everyone get their panties in a bunch over a perceived lack of respect for the Skins from the media or a perceived favorable bias for other teams?

I agree with that statement. Everyone was upset when some people picked the skins to win like 5 games............well they were off they on 4 :chair:

We have been the joke in the league for a while and fans need to wake up.

To be honest who actually cares if the media posts anything form this site, they do it all the time on other blogs and sites like this. That is the internet age we live in and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Remember the story they might be using as source could be fan on this site posting something they heard someone else say on the radio.

To be honest I am not sure if anything posted on this site is actually "someones thoughts", but a combination of information heard from a lot of different sources and places.

I am a future member of the media, but I will never quote anything off of a message board. It is lazy, embarrassing, and utterly disrespectful. I wish somebody will publicly put them on blast about this. But for now, this thread is plentiful with ownage........

If you have to find 10 lines to fill in less than 5 minutes, you'll be snooping around a message board. Guaranteed.

I am a future member of the media, but I will never quote anything off of a message board. It is lazy, embarrassing, and utterly disrespectful. I wish somebody will publicly put them on blast about this. But for now, this thread is plentiful with ownage........

Okay, so these media members are plaguerizing posters from ES? Like actually stealing their thoughts and ideas and claiming them for their own? If so, yes, that is a disgrace.

However, as long as the source of a though or idea is properly credited, there is absolutely nothing lazy, embarrassing or utterly disrespectful about using it.

Good luck with your future endeavors in the media. I'm sure it will be quite an eye opener for you when you realize that being a sports journalist is akin to being an umpire. Everyone ignores your good work that you do but they all come out of the woodwork screaming on the rare occasion you blow a call.

Archived