Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Order of Okung

mistertim

I though Okung was a very good prospect, but after watching his bowl game performance, I think he is an elite talent. His lateral movement is excellent, his technique is excellent, and he still has room to grow. IMO he is a franchise LT and is worth a top 5 pick. Thoughts?

Agreed. With a top 5 pick, you want to be sure you draft the "right" guy. He'll be earning a boatloat of money and it should be money well-spent. We should not overthink this pick and use it to "reach" for a QB who's not worthy of the top 5 (Claussen, Bradford). We desperately need o-line help, Okung is an absolute beast, and we can pencil him in as a Pro Bowler for a decade (hopefully!) just like we did with the Chris Samuels pick, back in the day.

Agreed. With a top 5 pick, you want to be sure you draft the "right" guy. He'll be earning a boatloat of money and it should be money well-spent. We should not overthink this pick and use it to "reach" for a QB who's not worthy of the top 5 (Claussen, Bradford). We desperately need o-line help, Okung is an absolute beast, and we can pencil him in as a Pro Bowler for a decade (hopefully!) just like we did with the Chris Samuels pick, back in the day.

Both Claussen and Bradford are Top 5 worthy picks. Claussen is arguably the most pro ready QB to ever come out, and Bradford put up impressive numbers with amazing accuracy, not to mention he has an ideal NFL build.

I'm not saying we should take either one over Okung. I'm just saying that let's not trash other worthy players just because it doesn't suit your agenda.

I'm not gonna lie, I don't know a damn thing about him.

I do know, however, that we need a LT badly, and if we are gonna draft an OL then he is the guy. I am generally opposed to using a top 10 pick on an OL(I think that there are just as good OLs available later in the draft, so trading down would be a good option imo), but our o-line is such crap this is the first year that I've advocated that we must use it on an OL. We've avoided the position for too long.

If we had Orakpo and Okung on the same team that would be awesome. Has such a nice ring to it.

We desperately need o-line help, Okung is an absolute beast, and we can pencil him in as a Pro Bowler for a decade (hopefully!) just like we did with the Chris Samuels pick, back in the day.

Yeah, that pick worked wonders for our organization's success and stability, didn't it?

In fact, you can pretty much trace firings and hirings and our overall instability to the specific failures of QBs, be it through age/declining arm or failure to develop.

He's a legit top 5 prospect.

There's a good chance he goes in the top 3 though. We'll see what happens at the combine.

I thought he was projected to get taken by KC?

Now that we swapped places with KC, I'd imagine we'd be able to grab him.

If he isn't there, I think we should trade back.

I thought he was projected to get taken by KC?

Now that we swapped places with KC, I'd imagine we'd be able to grab him.

If he isn't there, I think we should trade back.

As it stands right now IIRC, we pick #4 and KC picks #5

Detroit may have its pick of Suh or Okung at #2. If Okung is taken at #2, then TB takes Suh at #3.

Archived