Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Order of Okung

mistertim

Okung won't be available between St. Louis, Detroit, and Tampa Bay, especially Detroit.

One can only hope that somebody drafts him before we get the chance as it would save us from yet another 1st round bust. He is probably the 3rd or 4th best OT available and is definitely not worth a top 5 pick.

The Order doesn't seem to be doing a good job.

Okung is looking less like a legit top 5 prospect. Someone like Anthony Davis is looking better with his size.

Davis is a RT in this league only IMO, as he isn't nearly athletic as he is a mauler. He also wouldn't fit in Shanahan's new blocking scheme.

My intuition tells me that the Redskins if so inclined can find TWO starters in the draft for the OL as rookies and then add another 1-2 free agents as well.

I would keep Dockery who is only 29 and has been a durable player over the years.

The best way to maximize the return may be to trade down and pick up an additional #2 pick and then select in Round 1 somewhere between 15-20.

];7182534']I wonder what the talent difference is between Okung' date=' Davis, and Campbell.

Okung is clearly the top rated OT, but Davis and Campbell look good too. I would rather trade down a little and pick up any kind of extra picks if we could land Campbell.

You're right. At some point in the draft, we ought to tackle a tackle. No need for it to be in the 1st round though. We can go 2nd round IF we find Shanahan's ideal QB.[/quote']

I like this trade down and draft either or tackles! I say let's rob a team for some picks like we did the saints!

Shanahan likes quick atheltic Linemen so it wouldnt be entirely imposibile

Plus, Shanahan was the guy who drafted Ryan Clady, who is among the best left tackles in the game today.

Even if he's the guy making the draft picks on the offensive side of the ball, I am optimistic. :)

I though Okung was a very good prospect, but after watching his bowl game performance, I think he is an elite talent. His lateral movement is excellent, his technique is excellent, and he still has room to grow. IMO he is a franchise LT and is worth a top 5 pick. Thoughts?

I am all for it, fix the O-Line and the rest will fall into place!!!!!!!!

];7181961']Both Claussen and Bradford are Top 5 worthy picks. Claussen is arguably the most pro ready QB to ever come out' date=' and Bradford put up impressive numbers with amazing accuracy, not to mention he has an ideal NFL build.

I'm not saying we should take either one over Okung. I'm just saying that let's not trash other worthy players just because it doesn't suit your agenda.[/quote']

You always select a QB over an OLineman for the same money. BTW, agree about JC ... I think Bradford goes to Rams. Excellent post.

I though Okung was a very good prospect, but after watching his bowl game performance, I think he is an elite talent. His lateral movement is excellent, his technique is excellent, and he still has room to grow. IMO he is a franchise LT and is worth a top 5 pick. Thoughts?

Agreed.

After looking at many of the draft threads on this board over the past few months, the feeling I get is that 95% of the board really overrates Okung.

Okung is a very solid player with good technique who is NFL-ready. As a prospect, however, he is not the elite prospect that some of you make him out to be. He is a very good pass blocker, but he is not even the best pass blocker in this draft (that honor goes to Charles Brown of USC). Furthermore, he is seen as an average run blocker by scouts. Some of you are ridiculously projecting him to be the next Chris Samuels; some of you think that this guy is a Pro Bowler for the next decade. That is simply not the case. In all likelihood, we are probably getting the next Duane Brown/D'Brickashaw Ferguson, an above average LT who is not a Pro Bowler.

Most NFL pundits consider J. Smith and Monroe from last year's class to be superior players to Okung. Furthermore, there are some out there who would say Andre Smith was also a better prospect.

With a top 5 pick, I want an elite player at one of the three premium positions (QB, LT, DT). Okung simply does not fit the bill.

With a top 5 pick, I want an elite player at one of the three premium positions (QB, LT, DT). Okung simply does not fit the bill.

While I find Okung to be talented, I, too, believe that he's a little overrated on ES right now. I think it'll be sorted out over the next few months and the cream will rise to the top. Maybe it's Okung. Maybe it's not.

Based on what I know now, I wouldn't call for Allen's head if we took Okung at 4. I, however, would prefer we trade down and take Campbell so we could pick up a couple extra picks. That would maximize the value of our 1st rounder IMHO.

I agree for the most part. He is talented enough to be a franchise LT. However, I wouldn't say he is an elite prospect unless you are talking about him within this draft class.

In all likelihood, we are probably getting the next Duane Brown/D'Brickashaw Ferguson, an above average LT who is not a Pro Bowler.

Most NFL pundits consider J. Smith and Monroe from last year's class to be superior players to Okung. Furthermore, there are some out there who would say Andre Smith was also a better prospect.

^^^ That's some good info I didn't know, I don't follow college ball quite as closely as I should, only seeing youtube highlight vids and mock draft talk. So I guess all we can hope is a player falls that A: we want, or B:someone else wants and we can then trade down and get fat boys.

Archived