Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MediaMatters:"Fox spent weeks promoting apparent tea party scam."

Baculus

If you believe the Tea Party movement is simply astroturf you will find out different before long.:evilg:

It is the result of pissed off people.

And for the record,I have nothing to do with them or Fox.

yeah the

"take your government hands off my medicare!!"

and

"the moozlems are taken in over!"

groups are fairly sizeable and angry

the libertarians are angry too, but the Tea Party business is like 5% them and 95% generally pissed off right wingers.

the libertarians are angry too, but the Tea Party business is like 5% them and 95% generally pissed off right wingers.

If what you claim is true ,the Dems have nothing to fear then:D

We shall see soon enough.

If what you claim is true ,the Dems have nothing to fear then:D

Unless, of course, you think that the thought of mobs of delusional zealots being deceitfully manipulated for the purpose of gaining political power is something to fear.

:halo:

Unless, of course, you think that the thought of mobs of delusional zealots being deceitfully manipulated for the purpose of gaining political power is something to fear.

:halo:

I try not to diss the DNC...but feel free;)

If 95% of the Tea Party are truly right wingers ,it is not like they would vote Dem anyway.

why should either party be afraid, the more one side stinks the more the other side start liking the smell of their own farts.

Because people might wake up and vote by candidate and demand results?

Crazy talk I know

You mean that Glen Beck and Fox News created and promoted the Tea Party and called it a grass roots movement?! Gee who knew. Personally I didn't think that this was even a question. I bet they didn't falsify the attendance numbers though, I know they are much more honorable than that. :doh:

BTW, Fox News is a sham.

If you watch Fox News on a regular basis, something is wrong with you. It's not your affiliation either, there is simply something wrong with you. I used to be able to watch it about 7-8 years ago but it just went down the tubes. It was pumping the Iraq war up really hard, it was almost disturbing.

What people don't realize is how supposedly "independent" media is co-opted by Republicans. I'm talking about talk radio and the top blogs. On my radio dial daily I hear Hannity, O'Reilly, Rush, as well as Medved, Mike Gallagher and Laura Ingraham. None of these people advocate anything other than "Democrats suck, the GOP is better". I naturally have a right-tilting lean, but it is honestly sickening.

When I think of national "independent" radio hosts... just about the only one I can think of as not hard-core affiliated with GOP is Michael Savage... he's way to the right of them on the neocon scale. Maybe Mark Levin? But he has advocated much of the same.

There's only one radio host I have a tremendous amount of respect for, and he distributes online only.

It is.

This whole "astroturf" nonsense is a lame attempt to silence legit criticsm of the President. Quite frankly its been insulting

I would be inclined to agree with you if the same "legitimate" criticism was aimed at President Bush when he was in office.

So yeah...quite frankly it is insulting.....

ACW,

Dan Carlin; who distributes the "Common Sense" and "Hardcore History" podcasts. "Common Sense" is what I would consider his talk radio show; an hour long podcast divided into two 30-minute segments. His website is DanCarlin.com.

The best thing I've done recently was add an AUX jack to my car, so I didn't have to listen to the tripe coming from "talk radio". C-SPAN has a ton of stuff that is also worth listening to, as does straight up listening to Congressional hearings; and some other sources (like old speeches from the 70s, 80s). The main problem I have is a lot of items are served it streaming and require me to convert to a Podcast format. This should be unacceptable for Congressional hearings.

It was pretty obvious bull. They were having protests against tax raises as taxes were being cut (surely, not as much as anyone liked), but there was such a dissociation with reality.

Burgold, you are disassociated from reality with this statement... Which taxes were being decreased? Were these the Bush tax cuts set to expire? Cap-and-trade still being debated? How about new taxes on Smokers? What about paying for a healthcare benefit that doesn't kick in until 2013, but you pay taxes on it soon after the bill is passed? What about proposed VAT taxes that Had been mentioned? You have to admit that even though few new taxes have been passed (assuming only rollback of Bush tax cuts and Smoke taxes are a done deal), the discussions on the Hill involve new taxes. If you are going to protest, you protest what's coming, not just what has passed.

Were you just born yesterday? You certainly weren't around during the Bush years.

Actually I was born in 1976 and I stand by my statement.

Many of the same ESers (primarily conservatives) who are criticizing Obama stood silently by while Bush was running up deficits and giving tax cuts to the top 1%.

I'm sorry Smoot but alot of this sudden "patriotic fervor" just rings a little hollow to me.

But maybe I'm just being partisan....

Actually I was born in 1976 and I stand by my statement.

Many of the same ESers (primarily conservatives) who are criticizing Obama stood silently by while Bush was running up deficits and giving tax cuts to the top 1%.

I'm sorry Smoot but alot of this sudden "patriotic fervor" just rings a little hollow to me.

But maybe I'm just being partisan....

You've obviously not been paying attention since 2006...

As was stated several time because it was topical: "Bush was Parish Hilton on crack" when it came to spending. (that is not a compliment).

And that was 150billion stimulus bill that gave people that made LESS THAN ME! (but i'm not bitter) thier money back and my money to spend, not save.

Now were being told 700billion is not enough. Stim3 of 150 billion (hmm, sounds like a familiar number) and that the Fannie and Freddie 400billion has been expanded for 3 more years with no cap). The Bush tax cuts will end but its not an increase.. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

So yes, Drug plan was bad, and the Stim was bad and the 1 trillion over 10 years in the War on terror is bad...

And we've taken that and spent that much in 1 year under Obama.

More if Heathcare and CapNTrade actually had made it through in a timely fashion. /pause rant

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The one and only right leaning news network supports the teaparty stuff (WOW)!

Next someone will point out Mathews tingle etc. etc. etc. adnausem ..

I've yet to see a demonstration that didnt have 10% whackos in it though, not even the St. Patricks day parade makes it through D.C....

Code Pink was radical but even they got distracted by the 5% worse than them Sarge was nice enough to point out daily.

Don't forget this little gem which will result in calls for more bailout money for states.

The States and the Stimulus

How a supposed boon has become a fiscal burden.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704152804574628633460370644.html

a big story of 2010 will be how all that free money has set the states up for an even bigger mess this year and into the future.

The combined deficits of the states for 2010 and 2011 could hit $260 billion, according to a survey by the liberal Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.

Archived