Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MediaMatters:"Fox spent weeks promoting apparent tea party scam."

Baculus

• 7 months later...

But the notion that Fox is just a detached bystander who covered it is and always has been a sham. Fox is more a political organization than a news network. The fact they try to deny this and their legions of followers argue tooth and nail against the very idea is and always has been a complete joke that everyone seems to get but them.

~Bang

And now for your regularly scheduled misdirection arguments

I love Fox News, and I won't deny they get involved politically. Frankly, I don't care. They report news that the other liberal networks refuse to include in their broadcasts because...gasp...they might hurt Barry's reputation.

If you believe the Tea Party movement is simply astroturf you will find out different before long.:evilg:

It is the result of pissed off people.

And for the record,I have nothing to do with them or Fox.

The hatred for fox by some here is palpable and borders on derangement.

I love Fox News, and I won't deny they get involved politically. Frankly, I don't care. They report news that the other liberal networks refuse to include in their broadcasts because...gasp...they might hurt Barry's reputation.

They straight up make things up.

If you're alright with that, there's nothing that can be done to convince you to think for yourself.

The fact that you willfully ignore WHY people hate Fox is what I'd call derangement. Every time they are proven to have lied, there's a constant and continual stream of excuses, beginning with the attempt to focus the problem on their demons. Fox viewers not only accept the distortions presented to them, they encourage it under the absurd notion that news delivered from their stance is somehow better than the actual truth without ANY coloring of the facts.

Rather than fight the evil liberal media, they've become all that and worse,, and their viewers revel in it. I truly don't understand how adults can accept it.

I do hate it. I am not a liberal, not a democrat, and I hate it. It is a propaganda machine, and nothing else. This country is worse off as a result of allowing such propaganda to pass itself off as news.

~Bang

Of the 120 tea party movements at least 8 are paid for my agenda driven pacs.

MediaMatters = Newsmax

I wholly disagree, because MediaMatters sources their news stories: They simply don't take quotes out of context to use in some attack papers. That, and Newsmax constantly shills all sorts of books by people such as Dick Morris and Ann Coulter.

I receive regular Newsmax mailings, and they are always pushing whatever outrageous story of the minute is taking place in the right-wing blogosphere.

Do you know WHY some of us actually dislike Fox? Have you ever actually read or watched any of the links that we post up when criticizing Fox? Or, since Fox is on your "side," you just cheerleader them . . . just because? Or do you own stock on the company or something?

What's funny is that this "derangement" can very easily be applied to the conservatives who hate Obama, liberals, and anyone who disagrees with them.

Now, here is a very clear reason to why many of us believe that Fox is not a news station, and that it is very clearly a propaganda arm of the Right:

"Yesterday morning on Fox & Friends, Fox News contributor Dan Senor observed that The Kingdom Foundation, whose chairman Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal (Fox News-parent company News Corp’s second-largest shareholder), is a funder for the Cordoba House Initiative. “The Kingdom Foundation, so you know, is this Saudi organization, headed up by the guy that tried to give Rudy Giuliani $10 million after 9/11 that was sent back, funds radical madrassas all over the world,” Senor said. “And he funds this imam,” Fox host Brian Kilmeade chimed in."

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/08/24/fox-stewart-alwaleed/

This is one of the best examples of straight up deception recently pulled by Fox. They attacked, not by name, it must be noted, Saudi Prince Alwaleed as funding the "Ground Zero mosque," as if he was some Wahhabist radical. The kicker is that Alwaleed, as the above article mentions, is second largest shareholder of News Corp, which owns Fox.

They straight up make things up.

If you're alright with that, there's nothing that can be done to convince you to think for yourself.

The fact that you willfully ignore WHY people hate Fox is what I'd call derangement. Every time they are proven to have lied, there's a constant and continual stream of excuses, beginning with the attempt to focus the problem on their demons. Fox viewers not only accept the distortions presented to them, they encourage it under the absurd notion that news delivered from their stance is somehow better than the actual truth without ANY coloring of the facts.

Rather than fight the evil liberal media, they've become all that and worse,, and their viewers revel in it. I truly don't understand how adults can accept it.

I do hate it. I am not a liberal, not a democrat, and I hate it. It is a propaganda machine, and nothing else. This country is worse off as a result of allowing such propaganda to pass itself off as news.

~Bang

Exactly. You hit the hail on the head. The Fox New defenders never have any valid, logical reasoning for the channels distortions and obfuscations. Fox is on their "team," so they will do anything to defend it, as if they are tied to the hips. It's really bizarre.

Do you know WHY some of us actually dislike Fox? Have you ever actually read or watched any of the links that we post up when criticizing Fox? Or, since Fox is on your "side," you just cheerleader them . . . just because? Or do you own stock on the company or something?

What's funny is that this "derangement" can very easily be applied to the conservatives who hate Obama, liberals, and anyone who disagrees with them.

Now, here is a very clear reason to why many of us believe that Fox is not a news station, and that it is very clearly a propaganda arm of the Right:

"Yesterday morning on Fox & Friends, Fox News contributor Dan Senor observed that The Kingdom Foundation, whose chairman Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal (Fox News-parent company News Corp’s second-largest shareholder), is a funder for the Cordoba House Initiative. “The Kingdom Foundation, so you know, is this Saudi organization, headed up by the guy that tried to give Rudy Giuliani $10 million after 9/11 that was sent back, funds radical madrassas all over the world,” Senor said. “And he funds this imam,” Fox host Brian Kilmeade chimed in."

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/08/24/fox-stewart-alwaleed/

This is one of the best examples of straight up deception recently pulled by Fox. They attacked, not by name, it must be noted, Saudi Prince Alwaleed as funding the "Ground Zero mosque," as if he was some Wahhabist radical. The kicker is that Alwaleed, as the above article mentions, is second largest shareholder of News Corp, which owns Fox.

This one should be the straw that breaks most camel's backs,, but it's easier to ignore it.

My question is this.. this bin Talal is a member of the Saudi royal family, who have MORE than their fair share of Machiavellian loonies within... what is HIS angle on allowing this? He is cashing n, obviously, but as a Saudi prince i doubt money is his motivation.

How does the war and the stirring of Muslim hatred benefit him? What's his angle?

At best it stinks to high heaven that he's allowed himself to be used in a scheme that could result in furthering the fear and hatred towards American muslims... and in the process stirring up religion vs religion confrontations...

and at worst he's complicit in fanning war flames for his own motives using our soldiers, money and blood.

That's something NO one should ignore.

But they will. Bet your last dollar on it.

~Bang

Obama, Democrats got 88 percent of 2008 contributions by TV network execs, writers, reporters

By: Mark Tapscott

Editorial Page Editor

08/27/10 3:45 PM EDT

Senior executives, on-air personalities, producers, reporters, editors, writers and other self-identifying employees of ABC, CBS and NBC contributed more than $1 million to Democratic candidates and campaign committees in 2008, according to an analysis by The Examiner of data compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics.

The Democratic total of $1,020,816 was given by 1,160 employees of the three major broadcast television networks, with an average contribution of $880.

By contrast, only 193 of the employees contributed to Republican candidates and campaign committees, for a total of $142,863. The average Republican contribution was $744.

Disclosure of the heavily Democratic contributions by influential employees of the three major broadcast networks follows on the heels of controversy last week when it was learned that media baron Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp. contributed $1 million to the Republican Governors Association.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Obama-Democrats-got-88-percent-of-TV-network-employee-campaign-contributions-101668063.html#ixzz0y2Mwk54n

Call me when ABC/CBS/NBC/ etc decide they will stop trying to pick the news, and instead just report it, otherwise this is like the pot calling the kettle black.

I think most folks here recognize MSNBC as a Democrat shill.

Some die hards won't, but they are. However, I do not see them using some of the flat out deceptions that Fox does, like fluffing crowds, purposely misinforming, etc.

They're no saints, that's for sure. Sometimes it seems as if their existence is to sit and point at Fox, I know that is a lot of Olbermann's shtick.

~Bang

Actually the both have been caught doing exactly the same thing.

They are like Newsmax and Mediamatters and unreadable/unwatchable.

Actually the both have been caught doing exactly the same thing.

They are like Newsmax and Mediamatters and unreadable/unwatchable.

Really. MSNBC (or any other network) hid the identity of their second largest stockholder in order to prop his organization up as a possible terrorist front funding the Ground Zero mosque?

I must have missed that one.

~Bang

This one should be the straw that breaks most camel's backs,, but it's easier to ignore it.

My question is this.. this bin Talal is a member of the Saudi royal family, who have MORE than their fair share of Machiavellian loonies within... what is HIS angle on allowing this? He is cashing n, obviously, but as a Saudi prince i doubt money is his motivation.

How does the war and the stirring of Muslim hatred benefit him? What's his angle?

At best it stinks to high heaven that he's allowed himself to be used in a scheme that could result in furthering the fear and hatred towards American muslims... and in the process stirring up religion vs religion confrontations...

and at worst he's complicit in fanning war flames for his own motives using our soldiers, money and blood.

That's something NO one should ignore.

But they will. Bet your last dollar on it.

~Bang

All good questions, and I don't know any of the answers. Until recently, it would seem, Prince Alwaleed was favored by conservatives as a moderate "liberal" Muslim, favorable to the West. (It's funny how right-wingers like liberals, as long as they are Muslim.) Even now, I believe he is representing the U.S. State department in an ambassador sort of role to the Middle East, so I really don't know the endgame and if he is complicit in any of this.

It's definitely very puzzling.

Really. MSNBC (or any other network) hid the identity of their second largest stockholder in order to prop his organization up as a possible terrorist front funding the Ground Zero mosque?

~Bang

Another nail on the head post ignored wholly by those who are too embarrassed to actually admit that Faux News is trash.

Another nail on the head post ignored wholly by those who are too embarrassed to actually admit that Faux News is trash.

I t might help if ya'll grasped the different sects as well as the interaction and political aspects even within each...Muslims are not generic,no more than Christians.

It is immaterial to the thread though,and obviously not worth your time to look into.

FOX is the Devil:beavisnbutthead:...PARTY:point2sky

I t might help if ya'll grasped the different sects as well as the interaction and political aspects even within each...Muslims are not generic,no more than Christians.

It is immaterial to the thread though,and obviously not worth your time to look into.

twa, you're seriously going to just have to admit Faux's failure on this one. The largest shareholder outside the Murdoch family is the same guy who Faux wants to claim is suspiciously funding this Cordoba Mosque, and apparently has ties to Muslim terrorists and Iran...and yet the whole time they NEVER mention his name why is that? Why won't they mention the name of the man who is funding this nefarious Islamic terrorist training camp mosque at ground zero? Oh that's right, because he is their largest shareholder!

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-august-19-2010/extremist-makeover---homeland-edition

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-august-23-2010/the-parent-company-trap

It's a pretty sad day when satire proves to be more honest journalism than a supposed journalists.

:ols:

I must have missed the part where they explained that their unnamed Saudi prince partner was part of a non terrifying sect of muslims while they were following the money trail of the Terror Mosque back to his evil unnamed shadowy lair... even though they never said who he was.

Either that or I'm totally stumped as to what your post has to do with any of this. It seemd rather random and pointless.

~Bang

~Bang

Help me out here. News Corp is a publically traded company how can one really "hide" as an investor?? Did Kingdom hide it's investment (ownership) in Time Warner, Disney, Apple, HP, Kodak, Motorola, PepsiCo, P&G, Citibank- all well known "right wing" Corporations. ;)

I stopped watching fox after the 2nd gulf war when they reported Saddam gave the orders to use WMD on our troops

I gradually stopped watching MSNBC after 2004 elections. If it is breaking news i go to headline news or network news

What i see with the advent of cable tv is all these political shows right vs left that has divided the country. Both sides spout the talking points of these shows without ever checking out the facts. They seem not to care about the truth rather they seem to care how much dirt they can get on the other side

My favorite thing is debunking these stupid political emails people post. Both sides send them and make up fairy tales about their opponents.

This is why we need a viable 3rd party. If Hitler ran as a republican and Stalin ran as a Democrat sad thing is one would win, And Fox and Msnbc who be promoting their respective canidate

Washington was right about Political parties

Archived