Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Backup QB worth trading for?

dahibachi

Brohm is AWFUL. I thought, coming out of college he was a future starter. My family are mostly Packer fans (they picked him in the 2nd round), so I got to see a lot of him. Matt Flynn (their 5th round pick the same year) out performed him in every aspect of the game. Brohm looked like he didn't even remember how to hold a football. It was painful to watch him play. He's honestly the worst QB I've ever seen coming from college to the pro's, especially a guy that looked like he'd be great, and might have been the #1 pick the previous season.

This is not our guy. As soon as he touched the field, everyone knew they'd made a mistake, and here, a year and a half after drafting him, he's not on their team anymore, that's why. He was on their PS, then Buffalo signed him in November. He is HORRID.

Trust me when I say, we'd be better off starting Colt Brennan (and I'm not a big fan of his). I'm being completely honest, I've never seen a QB look worse than Brohm did in his time with the Packers. Trading for him would be the biggest mistake we've made in a while. I'm excited to have a GM, that would completely kill it for me.

If we get Shanahan I'd say we go with Colt and try to bring Chase back as well. Both had flashes of being a good QB. I honestly believe the last ten years of FO and coaches have been QB killers.

After the Ramsey debacle and the absolute insistance of starting Brunell because he didn't make mistakes had a huge effect on JC's game. JC is scared to death to throw the football into tight coverage and checks down constantly for fear of screwing up. That's coaching as much as it is a QB's ability.

Same thing on the defensive side of the ball. It seems to be the M.O. for our team, bring a player in and coach every bit of football instinct out of them while forcing them to play in a manner contrary to what got them in the NFL in the first place; ie Big Al, Orakpo, CP, ARE, Arch Deluxe, BL. Square pegs in round holes people. The sooner we get a coach that uses a player properly and builds schemes around their talents the better off we'll be.

As for backup QB's, like I said in a different thread, Kolb impressed the hell out of me during his starts this season.

BY THE WAY, THIS IS MY 2,501st post. If the Tailgate posts counted it's probably more like 6000 but whose counting?

Trade some players (since we'll clean house anyhow) for Charlie Whitehurst in SD. Actually, I believe he may be an unrestricted free agent, if so then sign him to a cheap deal with possibility of play time. Do not waste a top pick on a QB while we rebuild properly in the trenches.

QFT! Especially with this years QB candidates. Admittedly I'm warming up slightly to Clausen but I'm still leaning towards him being more hype than substance but I just don't see the "franchise" guy in this years draft.

/THREAD.

He makes the most sense.

Actually, under Shanahan he does make sense. If anyone can hone his QB skills it's Mike and Vick has always been a threat with his legs. He'll have had one year back in the league and his conditioning and rust should be gone. Philly is never going to use him especially with Kolb being as solid as he was when he started.

I honeslty wouldn't be upset with Vick under center.

The Skins will make a play for Sage. It makes a lot of sense.

I agree, except the Vikes won't let him leave, and they'd be foolish to do so. Favre's status is just to unpredictable, retiring/not retiring. Tavaris Jackson is not a quality pro QB (IMO) and that leaves Rosenfels replacing #4 when he hangs'em up.

We should get Tyler Thigpen from the Dolphins. Last year with the Chiefs he threw for 18 tds, rushed for 3, and even caught a TD. A triple threat! And Bill Parcells thought he was good enough to trade a draft pick for. If the Chiefs had any kind of D in 08 they could've won with Thigpen as their QB. Just saying he is worth a look.

Curtis Painter of the Colts is intriguing for a few reasons. First, Bill Polian thought enough of him to draft him even though Manning is there. Secondly he played in Joe Tiller's offense at Purdue which has produced Kyle Orton & Drew Brees. Of course I'm not an expert, but hopefully Bruce & Shanny will do their homework and evaluate the backups around the league just in case they think one has good potential.

Actually it was a smart move by Bill as Peyton has played fairly injury free but he is getting older. Its one of the reasons why the Colts have been so successfull They draft based onwhat they could need in a few years They had Marvin Harrisons replacement already on board same thing with James. as im sure the same thing is probably with most of there positions.

Sage makes the most sense as he knows the system and is not someone that would block a rookie long-term....I think a lot depends on the younger Shanny and his evaluation of Sage as he played well in '07 but struggled and pressed in '08....

Kolb won't be traded in the division unless we give up our #1....

Vick is a possibility and may be interesting in Shanny's hybrid vertical WCO with rollouts....Jake the Snake played well under that system....

Speaking of The Snake....?????:D

Sage makes the most sense as he knows the system and is not someone that would block a rookie long-term....I think a lot depends on the younger Shanny and his evaluation of Sage as he played well in '07 but struggled and pressed in '08....

Kolb won't be traded in the division unless we give up our #1....

Vick is a possibility and may be interesting in Shanny's hybrid vertical WCO with rollouts....Jake the Snake played well under that system....

Speaking of The Snake....?????:D

Forget Plummer, remember who else has played for Shanny and knows his system? Yup, you guessed it.......

e5ff8c6f4d19de738557552ec4dae095.gif

Bring back GUS!!!! :thumbsup:

Archived