Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Backup QB worth trading for?

dahibachi

Most of the QB talk on this board talks mostly about either keeping JC, promoting Colt Brennan or drafting a QB of the future but with it seeming likely Kyle Shanahan will be our OC, it made me think of the fact that Houston got their QB (matt schaub) through a trade. Is there a QB out there that you think the redskins should consider through a possible trade?

Curtis Painter of the Colts is intriguing for a few reasons. First, Bill Polian thought enough of him to draft him even though Manning is there. Secondly he played in Joe Tiller's offense at Purdue which has produced Kyle Orton & Drew Brees. Of course I'm not an expert, but hopefully Bruce & Shanny will do their homework and evaluate the backups around the league just in case they think one has good potential.

Wasn't Rosenfels here under Spurrier?

Marty drafted him I believe. He has one year left on his contract in Minn., They traded a 4th to Houston for him last year and gave him a 2yr deal worth somewhere around 1.5 mil per year. This is his 9th year in the league. With the Favre darma to come this offseason I don't see them letting Rosenfels leave. I do however think he would fit here, again.

edit; 9 million dollar extension last year

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3939155

i would love to bring in brian brohm to give him a tryout. he was a good qb in college and seems to have hit a wall in the pros. i think that shanahan could do him some good if shanny ends up here.

I liked Brohm too, but I'll say this now I don't think he is a WCO style of QB. He probably needs a system similar to what GIbbs used to run, a Coryell style, with timing patterns. That's my guess.

Archived