Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Backup QB worth trading for?

dahibachi

The guy he backed up is a free agent next year, I believe.

Chad Pennington, anyone?

I'm surprised that no one from the Cult has voiced their opinion.

Putting Pennington behind this line would be a death sentence, if we want we should get Jeff Garcia, he knows the WCO, seems to be a winner who has never gotten a legitimate shot

Troy Smith wants to traded...

Im just saying.

I'd be perfectly happy with that. He was vying for the Ravens starting job, can run (and he'll have to here, unless we are able to pull off an OL reconstruction similar to a successful open heart surgery with duck tape and some play-do).

We should get Tyler Thigpen from the Dolphins. Last year with the Chiefs he threw for 18 tds, rushed for 3, and even caught a TD. A triple threat! And Bill Parcells thought he was good enough to trade a draft pick for. If the Chiefs had any kind of D in 08 they could've won with Thigpen as their QB. Just saying he is worth a look.

I agree 1000000%, he did well when he played at KC. reminds me of T.Hasselbeck when he came in for us during Spurrier. I was upset he never got a fair shake under Gibbs. Look at his game logs from 2003 and throw out the horrible Dallas game w/ 4 ints.

They both wore #4 and are the same size, kinda weird......:(

2nd option would be Dennis Dixon from Pittsburg

A FRA this year is Rex Grossman

If the Steelers would part with him, I think Dennis Dixon can be an excellent QB in this league.

He probably has starter potential. Good luck with getting them to let go of him. Tomlin inherited Ben, but he drafted Dixon so he might be attached like many hcs are.

Another thing to consider is the fact that Dixon also has not one, but two SB MVPs to throw too, and the Steelers simplified their offense to suit him just like the Patriots did for Cassel. When Cassel went to a lesser team, he was underwhelming to say the least. Dixon might be the same way if were to come to Washington, no offense.

I'd be perfectly happy with that. He was vying for the Ravens starting job, can run (and he'll have to here, unless we are able to pull off an OL reconstruction similar to a successful open heart surgery with duck tape and some play-do).

Troy can't run that well.

Skip to forty seconds and you can see how slow he is.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baltimore-ravens/09000d5d80bf861a/NFL-GameDay-Raiders-vs-Ravens-highlights

I'm pretty sure that both Flacco and Boller are faster than Smith is.

Speaking of which, do you really want a guy that wasn't good enough to start for the Ravens? Think about it: this is Kyle Boller's backup.

Matt Moore. :)

Edit: I don't know much about him or whether he is a WCO type of QB but damn he looked really impressive in the two games that I saw.

A-men the way he shreaded the g-men defense i would love to see that 2 times year not saying he's gonna be anything special but JC could never had that game. G-Men 's defense is in his head.

A-men the way he shreaded the g-men defense i would love to see that 2 times year not saying he's gonna be anything special but JC could never had that game. G-Men 's defense is in his head.

I think Carolina KNOWS Moore is their future now.....

Kellen Clemens, NY Jets

The guy seems like a solid player who never got a shot. First he was behind Chad Pennington, then when it looked like his opportunity, they bring in Favre, and finally they draft Sanchez for the new head coach where his lost the job in a "competitive" QB battle.:rolleyes:

Given the fresh start, he could develop into a nice starter or at least a viable young second string QB.

Kellen Clemens, NY Jets

The guy seems like a solid player who never got a shot. First he was behind Chad Pennington, then when it looked like his opportunity, they bring in Favre, and finally they draft Sanchez for the new head coach where his lost the job in a "competitive" QB battle.:rolleyes:

Given the fresh start, he could develop into a nice starter or at least a viable young second string QB.

I felt sorry for him too, unti I saw him play. Then I understood why he was skipped over.

Most of the QB talk on this board talks mostly about either keeping JC, promoting Colt Brennan or drafting a QB of the future but with it seeming likely Kyle Shanahan will be our OC, it made me think of the fact that Houston got their QB (matt schaub) through a trade. Is there a QB out there that you think the redskins should consider through a possible trade?

It depends on the situation i.e. wether Jason is back or not.

I think it makes a big difference if your looking for a back-up QB or if you're looking for a possible starter.

I would look for a QB that has:

o started some games

o been groomed in a WCO

o is young enough to have a future as the starter

I could only come up with a few names, and many of them won't be available or are back-ups that might have something left (Like Kurt Warner in New York)

Brodie Croyle

Trent Edwards-he technically isn't a back-up but he might be available

Bruce Gradkowski

Tarvaris Jackson-I doubt the Vikings will trade him since he won the No.2 spot and still is in there plans

Kevin Kolb-I think there is a slim chance the Eagles trade him to us

Matt Leinhart-I still think he's in the future plans for Zona

J.P. Losman

Michael Vick-i would be surprised if he went to someone in the division

Older guys that could stop gap:

Jeff Garcia-fiesty WCO expert with limited arm strength

Daunte Culpepper-his knee injury in 2005 might have cost him his career but after stints on bad teams like Miami, Raiders and the Lions its hard to know if he's done

Archived