Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bands/Aritists You Like, That Aren't Very Well Known (Share Here!)

CRobi21

Good evening folks.

I've been thinking about doing this for sometime now. Think of it as sharing of talent kind of thing. If you know of a band or artist that has talent, and you enjoy, but not many people know about, feel free to share them here.

I for one, am ALWAYS looking for new stuff to get into, and I figured this is a great way to do it. I'm sure I won't like everything that's posted here, but I know we have a varied collection of tastes here on ES, which is a good thing. So go ahead and share. If you find something new scanning youtube or something that you like, go ahead and post it here. ANY GENRE.

One band I ran across today, is The Dear Hunter. Kind of folky, jam band type stuff, but I really like it. Their also a concept band, which I love. Can't wait to get deeper into the story and see the way it comes through in the lyrics.

http://www.myspace.com/thedearhunter

Feel free to add to it!

I'm gonna preface by saying what I'm about to post is gonna be metal.

Dream Evil-

- They have a wide range of sounds they go for, so if that song isn't your taste, look up some of their other stuff.

Edguy- Down to the Devil --They also have a varied repertoire of songs (through 13 albums, you'd expect some evolution to their sound). A lot of their older stuff is more popular amongst the metal community, but Hellfire Club is possibly the best album ever.

Rhapsody of Fire- Unholy Warcry-- This band is the epitome of Symphonic Metal. This particular song is one of their more Symphony-heavy songs, complete with a 70-piece Symphony. Be patient with this one, it takes a few minutes for the song itself to start up. I think Unholy Warcly itself start at about the 4:30 mark. Other songs of theirs are much more to a power-metal style. If you're into concept albums, this is a band you'll want to check out. All of their albums are a part of a two-saga story, The Emerald Sword Saga and The Dark Secret Saga. Even if Unholy Warcry isn't your taste, they may have some other songs more fitting. And yes, the guy Narrating in the beginning is Christopher Lee (Scramanga from Man with the Golden Gun, Count Dooku from the Star Wars prequels)

Axenstar-

-- This band is fast and light. Sound upbeat and positive (even though some times the lyrics of the songs tell another story).

Heavenly-

-- This band has really made an impression on me. As I said, I only listen to their last two albums, but they are an awesome two albums. Can't wait until they come out with another one.*

*since I made this post, their next album, Carpe Diem has been released. I'd link to a song from it on youtube, but the album cover has nekked boobies and lesbians. The song "A Better Me" has a bit of a Queen feel to it at the 1:40 mark.

Warmen- Unknown Soldier -- If you're a fan of keyboards in metal, you can't miss this band. This band is lead by Janne Wirman (aka Warman), who is the keyboardist of Children of Bodem. He's been called the J.S. Bach of the 2000s because of his ridiculous keyboarding skills.

-- make sure you look at their first two and last two albums, they had a different singer in their middle two albums and he wasn't up to the job. Their singer is really what makes them who they are. This band is kind of a folk-metal.

-- Gus G., their guitarist was the lead guitar for Dream Evil until he left to focus more on Firewind. He's an excellent guitarist.

- They are a unique band, their style is pretty ranged. I think a lot of their songs are the kind that grow on you with time rather than being instant hits.

Galneryus -Japanese melodic metal. Their 4th album went in a bit of a different direction from their previous three, but I think they did a good job with both styles. Don't know what else to say, really.

-If you like Rhapsody, you'll probably like them. They're epic/symphonic with an amazing opera-trained singer. Roy Khan is the man.

It's funny I was listening to a disc on the way to work this morning that I got for Christmas, Tragically Hip - Yer Favourites, as was thinking what a great band that no one listens to.

Then I thought how mainstream they are compared to the list of other bands already listed.

If any one knows of any good solo guitar plying singers could you post them. My wife and I like to see them play in the local small venues. I've found that even if I'm not a fan of their albums, watching them live is still enjoyable. I just dont know who any of the good one are tho.

Archived