Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per:PFT. Shanahan contract already done

cmoskins80

Thing is, I hear there is a contract. But that doesn't mean its signed. Or even the final drafted version of it.

But, but there's no HC vacancy?:silly: We scriveners usually start with a draft or two before the final draft gets signed. I wouldn't put it past that Snyder guy to be working on some contractual language just in case a vacancy were to open up in the near future.

Thing is, I hear there is a contract. But that doesn't mean its signed. Or even the final drafted version of it.

Makes sense. There is probably a fairly standard set of terms for an NFL Head Coach contract. Some additional terms will be negotiated around reporting, final say, rights to pick his own staff etc plus of course term and salary. Then send a draft to my lawyer and we will get back to you with a red line.

That's probably where we are. A lot could happen yet.

But, but there's no HC vacancy?:silly: We scriveners usually start with a draft or two before the final draft gets signed. I wouldn't put it past that Snyder guy to be working on some contractual language just in case a vacancy were to open up in the near future.

Oh I'd say there's been a Vacancy for quite some time now...

Makes sense. There is probably a fairly standard set of terms for an NFL Head Coach contract. Some additional terms will be negotiated around reporting, final say, rights to pick his own staff etc plus of course term and salary. Then send a draft to my lawyer and we will get back to you with a red line.

That's probably where we are. A lot could happen yet.

I hope your not suggesting that attorneys use forms. I deny the existence of such things. :hysterical: I'd bet the attorneys did the drafting from the get go.

I've had this feeling for some time, when the Skins are shopping for a new coach, that if I'm (famous coach) and my secretary tells me that Dan Snyder's on Line One, I tell the secretary to go phone up Marty Schotenheimer, and get him to fax me a copy of that contract that Marty got Dan to sign.

You know. The one that says I'm in charge of everything, and the only thing Dan can do is to fire me, and even if he fires me, he still has to pay me anyway, and if he fires me after only one year, then he has to pay me more?

(I said the same thing when the Tuna went to Dallas.)

IF this is true, the NFL is about to make an example of us for not following the Rooney rule.

per the league office we have been in compliance so far. And we already interviewed Jerry Gray, a minority candidate.

PFT spin that Zorn hasn't been fired so it doesn't count, isn't true.

If the Skins were in contact with the league office over the Allen hire, while Vinny was still the VP/pseudo GM, why would you think they wouldn't comply with the league office over the HC position?

per the league office we have been in compliance so far. And we already interviewed Jerry Gray, a minority candidate.

PFT spin that Zorn hasn't been fired so it doesn't count, isn't true.

If the Skins were in contact with the league office over the Allen hire, while Vinny was still the VP/pseudo GM, why would you think they wouldn't comply with the league office over the HC position?

Thank you Bubba, someone with some common sense.

Snyder and Allen and the attorneys all know the guidelines, and they will abide by them. Concidering all the publicity that Shanahan is generating the FO will darn sure cover all the bases.

Is that even legal to have one HC under contract and to hire another one before the other is even fired. Zorn's contract must have been a joke for this not to be a breach of contract on the Redskins part.

Im sure Zorn and Snyder already have a parting gift set up. It's fairly obvious and if Zorn doesn't know he doesn't even have a snow ball chance of being the HC of Redskins next year he needs to go now.

Archived