Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per:PFT. Shanahan contract already done

cmoskins80

Am I the only one tired of hearing the "Shanahan never won anything without Elway" BS? Anybody think of ELWAY never won anything without SHANAHAN!?!?!?!?!?!!

I DISTINCTLY remember Elway receiving one of multiple Super Bowl BEATDOWNS @ the hands of Timmy Smith, Gary Clark, Art Monk, Ricky Sanders and Doug Williams!!!!

Exactly how I feel. Hell if I remember correctly Elways record a couple years leading up to Shannahan taking the job was pretty mediocre.

IF this is true, the NFL is about to make an example of us for not following the Rooney rule. Look for the NFL to strip a top draft pick, our top draft pick in 2010.

The Rooney Rule was followed. Where are you getting your information? Is this Mike Florio? Quit jumping on our board. No wonder it says NNT :D

PFT & JLC continue their history of "reporting" rumors/sources after it's been stated by certain (and various) posters on ES ;)
I'm sorry Jumbo, but I am the source. I gather up all the info on ES that sounds like it makes sense, then feed it to both PFT and JLC. They both get really excited. Here's a video about their reaction:

:silly:

BINGO! Look at Shanny's Record since Elway - he has a pretty impressive record...quite a lot of 10+ win seasons

Agreed - you can check the record, I've been on the "please make it Shanny" bandwagon since day one...of course I was also on the "please make Jay Cutler a Skin" bandwagon too...just hope I'm a little more right on this one...

Agreed - you can check the record, I've been on the "please make it Shanny" bandwagon since day one...of course I was also on the "please make Jay Cutler a Skin" bandwagon too...just hope I'm a little more right on this one...

And you may still be right about Cutler.

I would not be surprised if Shanahan tries to make some sort of trade for him.

Exactly how I feel. Hell if I remember correctly Elways record a couple years leading up to Shannahan taking the job was pretty mediocre.

I completely agree. People keep talking like Shanny won w/ Elway when he was in his prime, not even close. If it wasn't for TD there would be no SB's. Elway did not have great years when they won it all. They had a great team with a great leader at QB and HC. Shanny runs a great offense and his teams are always well prepared. The only knock I have is when he was running the personnel he let the defense go to hell. Hopefully with Bruce Allen he will keep this in check so we are balanced on both sides of the ball. I know we will have a competent offense in short order and a really good one within 2-3 years. I'm curious to see who will run the defense and what type we will run. I remember reading a few months ago that MS visited every team that ran a 3-4 to gather knowledge for his next go round. I would love to see an attacking Pitt style defense but right now we do not have the right personnel and it may take a while before we do. I'm all for blowing it up this year, especially if there is no cap, which would be a blessing for us. We have tons of dead money in Portis, Samuels and other contracts. It would be great to get rid of them with no ramifications. What a perfect year for no cap! Lets trade any veteran that we can get a pick for over the next two drafts and build this thing right. HTTR!!!

Just reading this thread & had a sick thought...this is all based on assumptions that Shanny is even coming here...how bad is it going to suck if the rug gets yanked from under us and we end up with another year of not having a solid HC...only thing that would make me personally feel better is if instead of Shanny we still ended up w/ Cowher....Shanny is still definitely my personal first choice though...

Archived