Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Portis gives Shanahan a 'thumbs-up vote'

TK

I think guys who haven't been playing for weeks - due to injury or not - should politely decline to comment on some things, with the exception of how they are doing rehabbing their injuries and such. Just stay in the background and shut up. Let's hear from the guys who are providing leadership on and off the field.

It really says something that I have gone from a supporter of the "infamous" trade to get CP from Day One (without taking any of it back) and a huge fan of CP to wanting him off the team next season. It reminds me a lot of the whole Lavar bull****-train, just not as bad yet (to me).

Why is Portis still giving endorsements if he is likely one of the players to be released or traded this offseason?

Truly comical.

I truly hope Portis is out of here this offseason. I'm tired of his BS, plus the fact that he's done, in terms of his production. Ganther, Mason, or a late draft pick. I don't care. Anybody, but Portis' sorry @ss.

I hope our next coach decides its time for Clinton to move on. I have read articles that suggest many of his teammates do not support him in the locker room. He has been given "star treatment" for too long. Does he have another 1,000 yard season left in him now? Allen and the coach need to figure out what to do with him. If we could get a draft pick for him I would trade him.

Why is Portis still giving endorsements if he is likely one of the players to be released or traded this offseason?

Truly comical.

Portis has vastly underestimated his irrelevance here anymore. He's a fragile RB in his late 20s with a ton of miles on his legs and a VERY bloated contract for 2010 which will probably be an uncapped year. With the new GM and Portis' scheduled pay for 2010 my gues is the only way he is here next year is by getting cut and offered a much more modest paycheck.

Who cares what Portis says?
A: Dan Snyder

Well, this will be the true test behind the merits of our new GM. Synder's opinion needs to be secondary to that of our GM for the culture within the organisation to change.

One of the situations from this year that really gets me, was listening to Mike Sellers say he spoke Synder directly, to justify & push through the new contract he wanted. This is the type of scenario that should not exist moving forward.

Archived