Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Portis gives Shanahan a 'thumbs-up vote'

TK

Was that some kind of endorsement for Betts,Ganther or Mason?

Hope not, because none of them are putting up quality numbers =p

Who knows tho, maybe under Shanny, they will? Hope so, would be nice to have one of those guys go buck wild the next few years so we didn't have to fill the RB position as well as others.

**edit** Actually, I take some of that back. Ganther is getting in the endzone but he needs to get his YPC up.

Mason looked okay last night.

Because he is so full of himself that he's oblivious.

:doh:

It really is pathetic on his part. and it's likely as simple as that he's up on the rumors and assumes that if he comes here he's going to be in charge of personnel..... thus the dick slurping. Hey Clinton, you may really need Shanahan... but he certainly doesn't need you, as has been proven once. Just shut up for a second.

I hope Portis comes back because he will get over 1000 yards next year, here or with someone else and then everyone talking junk about how he acts will be sad.

I think Portis just likes to win and he is a guy who takes losing hard so he puts all these comments out to the media plus the fact he is not on the field and not being able to contribute.

reminds me of the story way back when Vinny called to ask Shanny about Alridge and Shanny told him to sign him.. Even after Zorn cut him a couple times .. Alridge is on our Practice Squad now . just a story . Or even the story i said about in Jan , when i said Allen would not work here with Vinny , and that was going to be the hurdle with Allen, then in Feb , Dan flew to Mexico to talk to Shanny.. some can back me up on that one , none of this has just happened overnight

"Yesterday I was thinking, 'Who's going to win our offensive MVP at our Redskins' luncheon next year?' So who do you give that to? When you have a quesiton of who your MVP is on offense, I think that's a tough year. Just find a guy and make that your guy. Everybody else got to contribute around him."

Easily Hunter Smith

I think CP is worried about Shanny coming in because Shanny proved he didn't need CP in Denver.

Not true. Denver has had to cycle through 6 different leading rushers in the 6 years Portis has been gone. They got some good games out of different guys, but they have not had a consistent rusher since Portis.

Also notice how its still being said Gray interviewed for the HC job. That was a week ago. Notice how the PR Dept. Hasn't put out a press release denying it & how neither Zorn or Grey will talk about it.

If Gray gets the job, I hope he can get more production from the rest of the team than he has gotten from Laundry or we're screwed.

reminds me of the story way back when Vinny called to ask Shanny about Alridge and Shanny told him to sign him.. Even after Zorn cut him a couple times .. Alridge is on our Practice Squad now . just a story . Or even the story i said about in Jan , when i said Allen would not work here with Vinny , and that was going to be the hurdle with Allen, then in Feb , Dan flew to Mexico to talk to Shanny.. some can back me up on that one , none of this has just happened overnight

That's hilarious about Alridge and Zorn continuing to cut him yet he's still here. Watch, Shanny will make him a candidate for MVP next year!!:hysterical:

No it hasn't. It's happened over MANY nights. :silly:

I still get a laugh that PFT & JLC were onto the Allen bit months ago & neither really followed up on it to know what they actually had. And when it happened, it was like they both forgot they had even said anything about it back in January . And how it took JLC like 8 months after the fact to get the Mexico bit. Yet we were talking about it then. And it took long enough for the John Lynch stuff to come out. I was starting to think that no one would ever put that bit out there. Heck, even Vinny publicly said HE CALLED SHANNY about Alridge & Mike told him he was the fastest RB he'd ever seen. No one in the media picked up on that either. Then again, Vinny never picked up on how he was setting up his own demise either.:)

I was starting to think that no one would ever put that bit out there. Heck, even Vinny publicly said HE CALLED SHANNY about Alridge & Mike told him he was the fastest RB he'd ever seen. No one in the media picked up on that either. Then again, Vinny never picked up on how he was setting up his own demise either.:)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/198752-redskins-roster-review-running-backs

Lastly, the Redskins picked up Anthony Alridge off of waivers several months ago.

Alridge ran a 4.22 in his pro day workout in 2008 and was picked up by the Broncos as an undrafted free agent. He was placed on injured reserve and waived following the season.

Mike Shanahan advised Vinny Cerrato to sign him reportedly calling him the fastest player he’d ever seen with the ball in his hands. So Alridge might be the explosive force the ‘Skins need.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/Redskins_-Five-to-watch-8188168-56738592.html

RB Anthony Alridge

Locked in a battle with Marcus Mason for a possible fourth running back spot. Alridge offers something different: speed. The Redskins have no change-of-pace back. However, he had numerous fumble problems early in camp. He came recommended from Vinny Cerrato's good friend, ex-Denver coach Mike Shanahan.

Archived