Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage: Bruce Allen Press Conference (FINAL)

JimmiJo

NC21 thanks for the commentary for those of us w/o the feed.

I liked what I heard. There is hope!!!

:cheers:

Maybe the most important line that I forgot was, when asked about Shanny or other coaches, Allen responded:

1) We don't have an opening at that position

2) I know a hundred other coaches.

It looks like he'll give Zorn a real chance and that it isn't just a battle between Shanahan and Gruden. Turns out that this is a GM who knows more than just popular choices on ES!

Allen was giving Zorn his respect, of course he's going to say (with 3 games left) that they don't have an opening yet. But I believe that the decision has already been made about Zorn getting fired. I'd put money on this that it will either be Shanny or Gruden as the Redskins HC next year.

Again, he said that he knows many, many more coaches than just those two.

Believe it not, guys, we and the media aren't picking the next coach.

I can't see Zorn being kept regardles of how they finish. But if they lose to the Giants or Dallas it won't even be a consideration. I think logic says Gruden dues to his ties to Allen but Snyder has had his eye on Shanahan for a long time so only time will tell but I still think regardless of how Zorn does he' s out. I'm more interested to see how Allen feels about Jason Campbell and whether to give him a long term deal or draft a young QB

My money is still on Shanny with buying out Chucky' ESPN deal as the back up plan if Shanny ends up in Dallas. Dan likes both of them, but the ESPN makes Shanny perhaps more affordable. With it being December which is like Kryptonite to the Cowboys, it makes sense for Dan to force Vinny out now to get a head start on landing Shanny.

But we still have Jim.zorn in place

Way to have a completely outdated signature, dumbass. ;)

There ought to be a sig museum so we can see snapshots of ES "ambience" from different points in time. In 20 years it would be cool for new Skins fans to be able to see how upset people were over the past few months, so they had a better understanding of the history. Just sayin...

Archived