Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage: Bruce Allen Press Conference (FINAL)

JimmiJo

I liked when Dan was asked "Did you offer Vinny an opportunity to saty with the organization in another capacity" , Dan said "Let's just say we decided it was time for a change."

Apparently, the idea that Vinny may do radio or some mdeia stuff for the team isn't on the table. :)

I liked when Dan was asked "Did you offer Vinny an opportunity to saty with the organization in another capacity" , Dan said "Let's just say we decided it was time for a change."

Apparently, the idea that Vinny may do radio or some mdeia stuff for the team isn't on the table. :)

Vinny having a role in scouting wouldn't have killed me, but purging him does make me smile.

For those who couldn't watch or hear:

Allen seemed very comfortable. Burgundy and gold striped tie. He deflected all questions about coaching or player changes and said that he's here to observe and assess these next three weeks.

Snyder seemed not bad, too. He, for the most part, made it pretty clear that the power was going to Bruce and that his decisions were Redskins decisions. I'm not sure if he meant that Bruce's decisions were part of the Redskins' choices or if they were the end-all be-all. Snyder, too, redirected questions about coaches and players to Allen. Snyder seemed a little iffy when asked about Zorn, but he said that it was up to Allen.

It just sounded great, really, and I was one of the Debbie Downers when it was announced.

I like that when they asked Snyder about Zorn, he said it was Bruce's call entirely.

Also, a bit earlier when they asked Snyder how much control Bruce would have and Snyder would have going forward, saying that he didn't have as much of a role as people thought, and it's all on Bruce now.

AWESOME.

Time to unleash the wallet and buy a RAK jersey.

Wow this guy can actually speak. Screw Vinny!
I didn't hear a single ... "and stuff" ..... we're off to a good start folks!
I like what I heard from Allen. Seems very direct, and a no nonsense kind of guy. Exactly what we need here.

We finally have a GM with an iq above room temperature.

He is very professional. Fans will love this change.

"We do not have an opening at that position."

Allen was giving Zorn his respect, of course he's going to say (with 3 games left) that they don't have an opening yet. But I believe that the decision has already been made about Zorn getting fired. I'd put money on this that it will either be Shanny or Gruden as the Redskins HC next year.

Archived