Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gruden is In Love With Tim Tebow

Dan T.

I'm not seeing a Tebow pick, but even if they do draft him, it won't be in the first round and probably not the second either. Most experts are putting Tebow as a late second or third round pick and not at QB. There would be reason to spend an early pick on him knowing he'll be around later.

As much as I don't want Tebow to be on our team it would have some benefits. Let him learn the system for the first year and slowly bring him for a few plays a game similar to what Vick is doing this season. He would be great for red zone touches since he will be running most of the time anyways. Can you imagine having Kelly/Thomas set outside with Cooley/Davis at the ends with Tebow next to hopefully our drafted rb this draft or Ganther. If we can at least upgrade two of the linemen in FA and/or draft we will be able to compete with other offenses I think.

Umm...isn't Colt Brennen ready-made for Gruden?

I'll be honest, I'd love to see what Gruden would do with him. A quick-release, pass-happy system that set NFL records with Rich Gannon side-arming it all over the place? Yeah, color me intrigued....

I'm not seeing a Tebow pick, but even if they do draft him, it won't be in the first round and probably not the second either. Most experts are putting Tebow as a late second or third round pick and not at QB. There would be reason to spend an early pick on him knowing he'll be around later.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I don't have any problem with getting a big nasty OL in the first, then picking Tebow in the second, but like I said, I'm not a good evaluator of QB success.

Well, this is kind of what I'm thinking. I'd prefer going OL first round, then whatever...I don't really care.

I'll be honest, I'd love to see what Gruden would do with him. A quick-release, pass-happy system that set NFL records with Rich Gannon side-arming it all over the place? Yeah, color me intrigued....
Yeah, I'd be interested in seeing this too.

Yes. Most draft experts say he will be a second day pick.

If we can get an OL in the first round, and then trade down and get a couple more picks, grab Tebow in the 3rd round (via the trade down),

it would not be too bad.

Think about this-

Having Campbell as the starting QB, having Tebow on the bench as a backup and maybe a wild cat QB, and a younger offensive line.

Would that not be a improvement in the offense??

:rotflmao:funny stuff

On a serious note, No way do I want Tebow running the show. The team has a basic understanding of the WCO. I'd rather have JC resigned for another year and see what happens.

But I wonder if Tebow can return punts or kickoffs? If he can, might make a good pick in the 4th.

Are people forgetting that we hired BRUCE ALLEN as the GM and Gruden hasn't even been hired as a HC!!!!! Sure, Gruden maybe the obvious candidate, but the point is that there is an actual GM here and Gruden is not going to make all the calls.

Very true- but in a successful orginization the head coach and GM work together to build the team.

Very true- but in a successful orginization the head coach and GM work together to build the team.

No "buts" - thats exactly my point. GRUDEN maybe in love with Tebow. Allen may not be. There are individual workouts, school workouts, the combine, interviews etc. Whatever they see or "like" now will change.

But I digress, Gruden has not been name the HC so this is a moot point right now.

• 1 month later...
looks like more scouts & coaches are liking what they see...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=4848168

I think people are going to be VERY surprised by this man in the NFL. One thing you can't teach or hand to a player is will. This man has will and an unusual amount of "want to." I have no doubt in my mind that whatever team lands him will be the luckiest team for years to come. Of course, unless they have a coach that has no idea what he is doing. I would not be upset with Shanahan with a trade down that sees us taking him later in the 1st round.

There are only two legitimate first round QBs in the '2010 draft and thats Bradford and Clausen. I like Bradford better then Clausen because he has size, mobility, and an underrated arm. Clausen has the stronger arm but tends to hold the ball too long.

As far as Tim Tebow is concerned.... I see Tebow going MAYBE in the 2nd round to a team who already is a playoff contender with no real pressing needs. Tebow is not a franchise QB. He has small hands, he doesnt have a cannon for an arm and he played in an Offense that you would never see in a million years in the NFL. He also does not have a quick delivery. Tebow would be a project and a guy who may come in on short yardage downs in a variation of the wildcat but nothing more.

Nobody doubts Tebow's "will" or "leadership."

But his medium to deep ball accuracy are serious question marks, and his mechanics, particularly his release, are horrible. Both of those are things you really can only teach so much at the NFL level. A guy is either good at those, or he's not.

I also think he's going to bomb the wonderlic.

The best thing about Tebow is his short comings.

Most QBs lack accuracy, or a level head, or leadership skills.

The thing hurting Tebow are mechanical errors and lack of repetition under center.

Flaws are flaws, but those shortcomings can be worked on. You can't teach leadership and will.

Archived