Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gruden is In Love With Tim Tebow

Dan T.

Nobody doubts Tebow's "will" or "leadership."

But his medium to deep ball accuracy are serious question marks, and his mechanics, particularly his release, are horrible. Both of those are things you really can only teach so much at the NFL level. A guy is either good at those, or he's not.

I also think he's going to bomb the wonderlic.

Nolie do you know anything about tebow? Do your homework before you type.

Florida's Tebow wins Campbell Trophy, the academic Heisman

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/sec/2009-12-08-tebow-campbell_N.htm?csp=34sports&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomSports-TopStories+(Sports+-+Top+Stories)

NEW YORK — Florida quarterback Tim Tebow, who won the 2007 Heisman Trophy, added the academic equivalent of the storied award on Tuesday night. Tebow was named the 20th winner of the William V. Campbell Trophy at The National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame's awards dinner.

Though Tebow, a Heisman finalist, may not take home the stiff-armed trophy this Saturday, he will leave New York with a 24-inch, 25-pound bronze trophy that honors players for academic and football success as well as their community service.

The winner receives a $25,000 postgraduate scholarship. The other 15 finalists each claimed $18,000 scholarships.

Tebow will graduate on Dec. 19 with a 3.66 grade-point average as a Family, Youth & Community Sciences major.

"It feels like just the other day I threw the jump pass against LSU my first year and now it's over," Tebow said Tuesday before the Campbell winner was announced. "It went by fast that's for sure."

Nolie do you know anything about tebow? Do your homework before you type.

Florida's Tebow wins Campbell Trophy, the academic Heisman

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/sec/2009-12-08-tebow-campbell_N.htm?csp=34sports&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomSports-TopStories+(Sports+-+Top+Stories)

NEW YORK — Florida quarterback Tim Tebow, who won the 2007 Heisman Trophy, added the academic equivalent of the storied award on Tuesday night. Tebow was named the 20th winner of the William V. Campbell Trophy at The National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame's awards dinner.

Though Tebow, a Heisman finalist, may not take home the stiff-armed trophy this Saturday, he will leave New York with a 24-inch, 25-pound bronze trophy that honors players for academic and football success as well as their community service.

The winner receives a $25,000 postgraduate scholarship. The other 15 finalists each claimed $18,000 scholarships.

Tebow will graduate on Dec. 19 with a 3.66 grade-point average as a Family, Youth & Community Sciences major.

"It feels like just the other day I threw the jump pass against LSU my first year and now it's over," Tebow said Tuesday before the Campbell winner was announced. "It went by fast that's for sure."

Great for him.

1- I'm sure his missionary work and his high profile Christian charity work doesn't play into receiving that award at all.

2- Getting a 3.66 in a major like Family, Youth, and Community Sciences, with an academic support staff that a program like UF can afford for its athletes, really isn't overly impressive.

He's been a playmaker due to his athleticism, instincts, and brute strength. Which is fine for the college level at QB (in the system he played in where he only had 1 or 2 reads to make when passing), and for being an H-Back at the NFL level.

Great for him.

1- I'm sure his missionary work and his high profile Christian charity work doesn't play into receiving that award at all.

2- Getting a 3.66 in a major like Family, Youth, and Community Sciences, with an academic support staff that a program like UF can afford for its athletes, really isn't overly impressive.

He's been a playmaker due to his athleticism, instincts, and brute strength. Which is fine for the college level at QB (in the system he played in where he only had 1 or 2 reads to make when passing), and for being an H-Back at the NFL level.

Come on man! You can back track better than that. :)

If this was the case every nole should be in the running, most of them are taking clown school classes! ;)

Come on man! You can back track better than that. :)

If this was the case every nole should be in the running, most of them are taking clown school classes! ;)

Like Myron Rolle, who graduated in 2.5 years with a degree in Exercise Science and full pre-med requirements, with a 3.75 GPA, before going to Oxford as a Rhodes Scholar to earn a Masters in Medical Anthropology?

Or Christian Ponder, who also graduated in 2.5 years with a 3.7 GPA in Finance and is now working through his MBA (and will be a better QB prospect in the draft next year than Tebow)?

I don't care that Tebow's from UF. I'd take him on the Redskins in a heartbeat if we didn't already have Chris Cooley and Fred Davis. If the Shanahan brain trust thinks they can find some way to utilize him a hybrid role, as an H-Back or whatever, I'd support him 100% coming to Washington.

To be honest, I'd probably be somewhat excited. I agree that he's been a great leader for UF football in his time there, and it can't hurt to have a guy like that at least in your locker room.

But I don't think he's qualified at all to play QB in the NFL. Physically and mentally. His mechanics are garbage, his release is super slow (which is pretty much impossible to fix), his footwork is terrible, and he never ran a real offense where he had multiple reads and had to read defensive coverages before the snap.

Tebow has an NFL body and is a good leader but his throwing motion is soooo slow. It takes for ever for him to wind up. He'll be great in the wildcat.

The wildcat is over, you could see it being phased out towards the end of the season.

It will be a distant memory come next year.

The wildcat is over, you could see it being phased out towards the end of the season.

It will be a distant memory come next year.

Jets still use wildcat plays and they are in Championship game.

Whomever use wildcat play should master it, to be sucessfull.

I do not like the wildcat plays anyway. I like a pass heavy offence

cause today's NFL alot of Defence Minded Coachs out there now than

in past years.

Or Christian Ponder, who also graduated in 2.5 years with a 3.7 GPA in Finance and is now working through his MBA (and will be a better QB prospect in the draft next year than Tebow)?

LMAO...Christian Ponder a better QB prospect than Tebow; or even anybody else really? The best QB to play at Florida St was a man by the name of Charlie Ward, and even he went to play basketball for the Knicks cuz he knew he was better off...I love it haha:hysterical:

The Titans have run the spread option with Vince Young.
Eh, the Titans only ran some speed option plays once in awhile, but that's easier to do when you've got Chris Johnson, probably the fasted RB in the league, and a QB as athletic as Vince Young.

I don't know that any other team in the NFL currently has the QB/RB duo to make that work the same way.

LMAO...Christian Ponder a better QB prospect than Tebow; or even anybody else really? The best QB to play at Florida St was a man by the name of Charlie Ward, and even he went to play basketball for the Knicks cuz he knew he was better off...I love it haha:hysterical:
This makes a lot of sense.

How many QBs did Tennessee put in the NFL before Peyton Manning?

How many QBs did Miami of Ohio put in the NFL before Ben Roethelisberger?

N.C. State before Philip Rivers?

Should I go on for you?

Ponder was 6th in the nation in passing yards per game (just behind Jimmy Clausen), 3rd in the nation in total offense per game (1st in BCS programs), and he did it while usually playing in a shootout or behind due to FSU having the 2nd worst defense out of any BCS program. He also plays in a pro style offense and makes many of his own calls at the line.

Any team that wants Gruden only needs to draft Tebow....if you can offer a HC position and Tebow Gruden is in.

Jacksonville moves to L.A. to become the L.A. Angels or L.A. Celebrities (half the stadium is probaly one, just like durning Laker games).

Tebow is a star, just like the people in L.A. like. So he can play there. After this season they fire Del Rio and then Gruden can't resist to coach Tebow and hang around in L.A.

Should be a fun team to watch....maby they even sign T.O. for the extra L.A. drama.

From nfldraftcountdown

Pick 22 Patriots

Surprised? Crazier things have happened on Draft Day and I really believe someone will select Florida’s Tim Tebow much earlier than they should. Remember, it only takes one team. It’s no secret that Bill Belichick is a big fan of the Florida program, plus he has been searching for the right guy to implement the Wild Cat into New England’s offense. That is why they showed a lot of interest in Pat White last year and one of the main reasons they selected Juliun Edelman, who was an athletic college quarterback. Plus the Pats have four picks in the first couple of rounds so they can afford to play around a bit. Tebow is going to be one of the most controversial prospects the NFL Draft has ever seen. An amazing leader with out of this world intangibles, Tebow will undoubtedly go down as one of the greatest college football players of all time but there are some serious questions about him as a pro prospect. Some feel Tebow profiles as more of a tight end or fullback at the next level but he wants to play quarterback and will likely be given that opportunity. After spending four years in Urban Meyer’s system Tebow will essentially have to be reworked from the ground up. Whether it be his throwing motion, footwork, taking snaps from under center, reading coverages or going through progressions there is just a laundry list of things he will have to work on. The bottom line is Tebow’s probably 2-3 years away from being able timtebow.jpg to run an NFL offense but he has the talent and work ethic to eventually do it and you know he will charm the pants off of decision makers and coaches in pre-draft interviews. While he is being groomed as Tom Brady’s backup and eventual successor the Patriots, who place a high value on versatility, could utilize Tebow in the Wildcat, as a short-yardage runner and an H-Back. If New England wants to go a more conventional route in round one they also need to bring in a pass rushing outside linebacker, an inside linebacker and a running back.

I see the logic - take Tebow to be your wildcat now, but 2-3 years time, your starter. Some team with a decent qb can take him as a sort of luxury pick

This is why the thread is being brought back up? At a glance, I couldn't believe that Jon Gruden was even being discussed since we hired our coach about 2-3 weeks ago. It doesn't seem to be something that should even concern us. Let the Jaguars pick Tebow. They need the ticket sales anyway.

This is why the thread is being brought back up? At a glance, I couldn't believe that Jon Gruden was even being discussed since we hired our coach about 2-3 weeks ago. It doesn't seem to be something that should even concern us. Let the Jaguars pick Tebow. They need the ticket sales anyway.

I thought it was a pretty funny clip and there are like other threads on Tebow over the last few months. This one was the most recent. There are people on this board that think the Skins should look at him.

I thought it was a pretty funny clip and there are like other threads on Tebow over the last few months. This one was the most recent. There are people on this board that think the Skins should look at him.
Well, he's a Heisman winner and arguably the greatest college QB of the past decade, with tons of media hype backing him up.

But if anyone has actually seen a lot of UF games and understands Tebow's role in their offense (and isn't just a huge Gators homer) then they can see why he has a ton of flaws that will be extremely hard to overcome as a full time QB in the NFL.

There is a thread on the Senior Bowl Game on the 1st page

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=316244

As a huge Gator fan, I see Tebow having a tough time in the NFL at quarterback. I don't think his slow release time is a big of a deal as scouts make it out to be, but his decision-making process is slow.

His offense at Florida was simplified for him:

1. Line up in shotgun

2. Hand off to someone who runs a 4.2 if the running lanes are open

3. If not, pitch off to an elite college tight end

4. If that's not available, lob it to a reciever who is taller (Murphy last year and Cooper this year) or faster (Harvin last year or Thompson this year) than the competition, whichever one if open

5. If that's not there, run it yourself

Options 2 and 3 don't work in the NFL like they do in college, option 4 has been a problem with taller (Thomas and Kelly) and faster (Moss and Randle El) receivers not being open. Option 5 is not something you want to resort to in the NFL

Would you have preferred if he had bumped the Mike Shanahan likes Tebow thread?

I don't know if anyone has ever seen the show Tosh.O, but he did a bit where he arm wrestled someone after winning a few arm wrestles, and after he lost he said(paraphrasing): "At this point, I compare myself to Tim Tebow-I had a good run but I'm just not ready for the pros."

Eh, the Titans only ran some speed option plays once in awhile, but that's easier to do when you've got Chris Johnson, probably the fasted RB in the league, and a QB as athletic as Vince Young.

I don't know that any other team in the NFL currently has the QB/RB duo to make that work the same way.

This makes a lot of sense.

How many QBs did Tennessee put in the NFL before Peyton Manning?

How many QBs did Miami of Ohio put in the NFL before Ben Roethelisberger?

N.C. State before Philip Rivers?

Should I go on for you?

Ponder was 6th in the nation in passing yards per game (just behind Jimmy Clausen), 3rd in the nation in total offense per game (1st in BCS programs), and he did it while usually playing in a shootout or behind due to FSU having the 2nd worst defense out of any BCS program. He also plays in a pro style offense and makes many of his own calls at the line.

Ponder might be my no. 2 or no. 3 QB prospect for the 2011 draft after Jake Locker. He doesn't have a cannon arm but he is a very smart QB.

At least our new O-coordinator isn't in love with him

"If you draft him thinking you're going to correct (the flaws), then you're wrong," said Redskins offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, a former Bucs assistant. "I think it's going to be just as much up to him as the team that takes him. … If he's better at one thing than another, then you better figure out how to work that into your offense.

"If you draft him and think you're going to do what you've been doing all along, you're probably going to be getting him ready for the next coach who's going to replace you."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/nfl-scouts-scrutinizing-former-florida-quarterback-tim-tebow/1068154

Archived