Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Great 'Movement' fizzle. What Happened To The Hatred?

polywog999

I am speaking of the downright hatred for Dan and co. Some don't share that viewpoint, I am waiting to find out where most of it went. It seems as if wining a game or two took the wind out of the sails. Is this what happens? It only takes a win here or there a big name free-agent to get some folks back on board with the program?

Your crazy antics and retarded font have shown us the light. We were wrong, you were right. Dan and Vinny DO know what they are doing.

To some extent, its about ammunition, having no ammunition some true homers stayed away from the arguments and just let nature takes it course. Some people who were a bit more positive or at least not as emotional, didn't post or stayed out of certain threads. A few are just reactionaries who have shown those stripes. Some just are driven by the wind of what they think is consensus. Its not a major change, those who were really always "on the fence" now hear arguments from all sides and while still "on the fence", can show their mixed feelings without getting pounded on as homers. Those who really are homers, can give their opinion without the haters leading their minions to jump on them. For the reactionaries, winning (or almost winning against good teams) cures everything. There is also the problem that many of the "haters" did not analyze the problem correctly and jumped right into giving solutions.

Well here's my take. Zorn is not a good coach. He's not even HC material. He's had 2 seasons and has not gotten better, he's actually gotten worse. He went for 8-8 to at best 7-9. People are quick to mention Gibbs1 and how he started out bad and turned things around but they fail to make the comparison. Gibbs1 started out 0-5, he took a look at his system and his players and "adjusted" his system to fit the players. Gibbs1 was the first to have a single back system as well as many other inovations. The team ended 8-8. The following year he got better not worse. There's no comparison to either other then both were given their first chance with the Skins.

I think the OP is correct in wondering where the hell all the people are that wanted Zorn and Cerrato gone? I come on this site as well as other boards and have been seeing a change in the fandome. It would be funny to see what a poll would say if started now and compair it to the number of people who wanted their heads back in OCT. I know the team has looked better, we've scored more then 20 points a game (which Zorn could not figure out in the 16 games prior to the break, but we are only 2-6 after the break. Still a losing team.

What pisses me off more is the fact that everyone is now...."Oh, Zorn is not that bad, and Cerrato's last two drafts were not that bad." If Sherm Lewis was not hired we would still be in this same boat. Zorn did not see anything wrong with this system and thought it was all about "execution". Apparently it was not. Yes Cerrato had two good drafts...the last two. What about the 8 previous drafts? Don't think for a moment he had nothing to do with them. In previous drafts we have only kept 2-4 people out of a 5-7 player draft. Mostly only 2 players. One could argue Thomas and Kelly were bad picks. Kelly came out of college with an injury, hello we needed immediate help not a walking wounded the first year. Thomas although reported to be first round talent was also reported to need a lot of coaching up. Do you all not wonder how we missed on Deshaun Jackson? He's lighting it up with the Eagles. We had first pick of all the WR's. We started the mad rush on WR's.

All I can say is people need to wake up and get on the ball and start showing their signs or chanting again or we will be stuck with Cerrato yet further.....and what happened with the Cerrato "and" Zorn only have 2 years to make this thing work? It didn't so why isn't Cerrato out the door with Zorn?

You can only break the fans' hearts so often.

Eventually, things have to change.

What we saw earlier this season were the first sparks of that within the fan base. If there aren't changes in terms of management transparency, a new GM, and a rehaul of how Snyder views his role and how he builds culture in the team - you can believe that this "fizzle" will reignite with a vengeance.

I am speaking of the downright hatred for Dan and co. It seems as if wining a game or two took the wind out of the sails. Is this what happens? It only takes a win here or there a big name free-agent to get some folks back on board with the program?

I don't think people's dislike of Snyder has changed one bit. It's not like his approval rating has gone up during these past 5 weeks. I don't see people praising him very much at all on ES myself. Am I missing something?

Someone else also mentioned merchandise sales going down. Read into it what you will, but the Redskins store at Wheaton Plaza had everything 50% off this past weekend. Holiday sale, or fire sale?

get rid of vc get rid of vc get rid of vc.sorry having a flash back.the front office needs new leadership.no more of this superstar driven front office,superstars are like a spice that you sprinkle through out the roster.not like the skins have sense snyder got here it has been as main part of the team.

The front office needs new leadership.no more of this superstar driven front office,superstars are like a spice that you sprinkle through out the roster.

Replacing Vinny is only part of the problem.

Snyder is the core band leader here. He sets the tone, creates the culture, and hires those that align with this "vision", if you can even call this debacle a vision.

Hate's a bad thing. Too much of it for too long can make a person ugly,(or uglier). Both inside and out. People have vented,season is nearly over,and folks are probably a little tired right now. The root causes of the frustration and anger are probably still there,so probably not too much to worry about while people catch their breath. That and some may have stepped back and looked at things again after already catching their breath.

I think its mainly due to us losing to teams we SHOULD have beat in the first half of the season versus us losing close games to team we SHOULD lose to. I mean, weren't we all more upset after losing to Carolina, KC and Detroit than Atlanta, New Orleans, Philly?

Why, we beat two teams whose starting QB's went out after they tore us a new one in the first half.

Now, Danny and Vinny are off the hook. In fact, Mr. Dink and Dunk and no changes Zorn are off the hook.

This fan base is why we've stunk for 18 years. We accept it and shovel more in our mouths each year. Until his well runs dry, nothing will change.

Why, we beat two teams whose starting QB's went out after they tore us a new one in the first half.

Now, Danny and Vinny are off the hook. In fact, Mr. Dink and Dunk and no changes Zorn are off the hook.

This fan base is why we've stunk for 18 years. We accept it and shovel more in our mouths each year. Until his well runs dry, nothing will change.

Now, that's some serious hate'in!

Hate's a bad thing. Too much of it for too long can make a person ugly,(or uglier). Both inside and out. People have vented,season is nearly over,and folks are probably a little tired right now. The root causes of the frustration and anger are probably still there,so probably not too much to worry about while people catch their breath. That and some may have stepped back and looked at things again after already catching their breath.

nice post. I would chip in that after all these years many are just nonchalant about the whole thing: "who cares any longer? sit back and watch it unfold....good, bad and ugly".

I think most of the unrest stemmed from this team just flat out not showing ANYTHING at all. Most of us are still pretty fumed and over the state of affairs with the front office structure.

The consecutive losses without offensive effort, without defensive pressure wore on people and obviously wore on the team. It forced the inevitable "where is the heart?" Heresay, for some die hard fans and players.

Truth be told, one could make an argument that the "hate" has actually helped a bit. One could confirm that sentiment if the front office structure is changed for the better this offseason. Couple that with an injection of quality picks and accquisitions that focus on depth and shoring up the o-line–not high priced swing-for-the-fences free agents– you would have to be convinced that it helped.

It's complicated, but:

Why was I so mad?

1. Poor W-L record since 1999
  2. Poor treatment of fans
  3. Poor treatment of coaching staff
  4. Inequitable treatment of players (double-standards etc.)
  5. Flat lackluster play by our offense during the first six games - was there even a pulse?

NOTE: For me this is not about 2009 and 4-9 so much as a continued fail over time and the inability to change it.

I separate these things from the performance of the team on the field this year for the most part. I'm encouraged to see them playing better, and I don't buy the "it was only Oakland" crap - the team I saw lose to KC and Carolina is not the same team I saw lose to Philly and NO. The old team was never engaged, didn't execute, and looked like they were stand-ins for real Redskins. The guys these past few weeks are real Redskins. I don't mean certain individuals - I'm talking about the TEAM.

My beef is with the owner. I have to hope he can finally figure things out because he hold the cards here. If he continues to make bad moves, I hope that those of us who aren't happy with him will squawk over each one. In the meantime there's not much to do except hope that despite Danny's involvement, there is some success.

After all I'm not a fan of this team to savor my anger or bitterness about a bad record or a particular player - I want a Lombardi and more importantly the restoration of the Redskins as a premier team and organization in the NFL.

Hail.

I can only speak for myself. My hatred is reserved for one person only - Daniel Snyder. I always root for the team to win, and I don't feel as strongly about Vinny as a lot of people. Since I believe Snyder is the problem, the only thing that I can do is wait until the offseason to give up my season tickets.

It's called apathy for some, the hatred has died down somewhat. Oh and there are many apparently not in their "right" mind that think we're the toast of the town now. Hey I'm glad to see our team finding something and playing better even without much to play for...I love it actually what fan wouldn't? But to be satisfied with it and start back patting for still losing for the most part and improving? I want more.

I had alot of anger, but really, what can little old me do? Nothing is going to change. We'll get a coach like Shanahan and his quiet demeanor will not inspire anyone to play hard. we'll go after another QB in the first round and he'll be a bust. We'll keep CP and the cancer will just keep eating away at the organization. It's just exhausting to keep being negative. I'm cheering on Orakpo, Devin Thomas, Fred Davis. I'm having a soft heart watching the other players fight their guts out. I am just pissed that we always play great in the end of every season and we go into the offseason with a false confidence in ourselves.

Stupid, stupid fan base. I ought to kick your ass.

;)

:helmet: The Rook

Archived