Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Great 'Movement' fizzle. What Happened To The Hatred?

polywog999

A month ago, I could not say anything positive about the Skins on this site without being...

1 Labeled a homer...

2 Black listed from Hollywood...

3 Sent to Guantanamo Bay.

Everywhere you looked was "fire Vinnie"... or "sell the team"... now people are actually defending the team against the media again! It's like there was a grandiose Twilight Zone intervention and no one was paying attention.

I don't want to talk about whether or not we are any good or whether or not we should sell the team... just what happened to the hate!

Well, is it alive and kicking or just plain DOA.

Teams are constantly evolving and changing and so are the fans outlook. Plus, its hard to keep up the kind of intensity most fans showed in their hatred for a whole season.

There were times I did not think I would make it out of here alive! I hated some of the bad-mouthing of our team, but I understood the frustration.

I did not think about people being unable to maintain the hostility. I thought that they they had either softened their position or just quit watching... or perhaps they are waiting for the off-season.

There were times I did not think I would make it out of here alive! I hated some of the bad-mouthing of our team, but I understood the frustration.

I did not think about people being unable to maintain the hostility. I thought that they they had either softened their position or just quit watching... or perhaps they are waiting for the off-season.

I think the offseason has a lot to do with it too. Everyone has started to shift their focus from the bad play this year to how we can build during the offseason. Happens every year. During the offseason hope springs eternal with fans.

The Redskins have a big game this weekend against a team they have not done well against lately.

I'm fairly certain that if the Redskins (and especially Campbell) lay an egg against the Giants, the "hate", as you call it, will resurface on the front page of this board quickly.

You should look at the threads where people are feebly attempting to defend Vinny Cerrato. The hate is still there -- but it has been tempered by offensive improvement. They've been encouraged by the progress of Devin Thomas and Fred Davis. 11 sacks on the season from Brian Orakpo helps too.

This team still has a long way to go -- and no one wiht half a brain thinks the current FO structure will get us there.

If Vinny Cerrato is retained, the hate will come back in full force.

We have had a couple good performances, which gets everyone all giddy and lets Snyder off the hook. It's exactly what he's counting on until we get right back to mediocrity again.

Nevermind that this is still a 4-9 team.

It's incredible isn't it, Paloffs is now! 4-9, Superbowl here we come, start ordering those rings! :doh:

It's incredible isn't it, Paloffs is now! 4-9, Superbowl here we come, start ordering those rings! :doh:

I think a lot of people are mistaking what is being said.

No one in their right mind thinks this team is close to anything. They have been encouraged that things are not as bad as they were early in the season.

After the KC loss -- I was ready to believe that the whole entire roster needed to be overturned.

However, since the induction of Sherm Lewis as "OC," things have improved. Campbell has looked like a legitmate starting QB (Note: I said LEGITIMATE, not ELITE!)

Devin Thomas has started to grow up. He has been really playing with alot of energy. He has progressed in his 2nd year.

"Sleepy" Fred Davis looks damned good. He and Cooley could make for a lethal red-zone combo next year.

The removal of the 7-step drop was key. Campbell currently rates at the bottom of the league with a 5.2 YPA, however the receivers lead the NFL in YAC at 6.2. He's getting the ball out quicker and allowing the receivers to make plays.

If we didn't have a kicker that sucked balls, we would won 3 of the last 4.

Now, mind you, we are still not close. We have merely improved.

I am leaning towards keeping Zorm, Lewis and Campbell for next year. However, I give Cerrato 0 credit. I firmly believe Cerrato just flings poo against a wall and sees what sticks. He just happened to have a couple things stick lately.

We burn through coaches but stick with Cerrato. I think it needs to be reversed.

- Zorn lost his playcalling duties.

- OL play improved, as we had more injuries and I guess our idiot personnel dept found a group that could play better when the season was lost (note some of these players were not on the team to begin the season).

* if Vinny is retained, a lot of anger will return. The latest news/rumor that suggests Vinny's retention is going to spur up a lot of it. Personally, I think Vinny has overstayed his welcome, and we need a real GM at this point.

I think a lot of people are mistaking what is being said.

No one in their right mind thinks this team is close to anything. They have been encouraged that things are not as bad as they were early in the season.

After the KC loss -- I was ready to believe that the whole entire roster needed to be overturned.

However, since the induction of Sherm Lewis as "OC," things have improved. Campbell has looked like a legitmate starting QB (Note: I said LEGITIMATE, not ELITE!)

Devin Thomas has started to grow up. He has been really playing with alot of energy. He has progressed in his 2nd year.

"Sleepy" Fred Davis looks damned good. He and Cooley could make for a lethal red-zone combo next year.

The removal of the 7-step drop was key. Campbell currently rates at the bottom of the league with a 5.2 YPA, however the receivers lead the NFL in YAC at 6.2. He's getting the ball out quicker and allowing the receivers to make plays.

If we didn't have a kicker that sucked balls, we would won 3 of the last 4.

Now, mind you, we are still not close. We have merely improved.

I am leaning towards keeping Zorm, Lewis and Campbell for next year. However, I give Cerrato 0 credit. I firmly believe Cerrato just flings poo against a wall and sees what sticks. He just happened to have a couple things stick lately.

We burn through coaches but stick with Cerrato. I think it needs to be reversed.

I totally agree.

I don't want to talk about whether or not we are any good or whether or not we should sell the team... just what happened to the hate!

You'll know the level of hate come time for people to renew season tickets. When it's time for people to reach for their wallets, you'll know how angry they are or aren't about this team.

It's hard to sustain animosity for a prolonged period of time, especially when you realize that the expectations for this team were unrealistic to begin with. In the offseason, we build this team up to heights they simply are not ready to reach with their current roster and leadership.

I think the next "checkpoint" is the decision to keep Vinny Cerrato in his current position. If he stays (my guess), you'll see the same level of venom. If Snyder does the unthinkable and guts the front office, hiring a football man to run the entire show, people will be dancing in the streets.

Until then, people have chosen to accept mediocrity (if 4-9 can even be considered mediocre).

A month ago, I could not say anything positive about the Skins on this site without being...

1 Labeled a homer...

2 Black listed from Hollywood...

3 Sent to Guantanamo Bay.

Everywhere you looked was "fire Vinnie"... or "sell the team"... now people are actually defending the team against the media again! It's like there was a grandiose Twilight Zone intervention and no one was paying attention.

Well, is it alive and kicking or just plain DOA.

To some extent, its about ammunition, having no ammunition some true homers stayed away from the arguments and just let nature takes it course. Some people who were a bit more positive or at least not as emotional, didn't post or stayed out of certain threads. A few are just reactionaries who have shown those stripes. Some just are driven by the wind of what they think is consensus. Its not a major change, those who were really always "on the fence" now hear arguments from all sides and while still "on the fence", can show their mixed feelings without getting pounded on as homers. Those who really are homers, can give their opinion without the haters leading their minions to jump on them. For the reactionaries, winning (or almost winning against good teams) cures everything. There is also the problem that many of the "haters" did not analyze the problem correctly and jumped right into giving solutions.

It's hard to sustain animosity for a prolonged period of time, especially when you realize that the expectations for this team were unrealistic to begin with. In the offseason, we build this team up to heights they simply are not ready to reach with their current roster and leadership.

I think the next "checkpoint" is the decision to keep Vinny Cerrato in his current position. If he stays (my guess), you'll see the same level of venom. If Snyder does the unthinkable and guts the front office, hiring a football man to run the entire show, people will be dancing in the streets.

Until then, people have chosen to accept mediocrity (if 4-9 can even be considered mediocre).

Says it all...Vinny's future will be the tipping point.

The Redskins have a big game this weekend against a team they have not done well against lately.

I'm fairly certain that if the Redskins (and especially Campbell) lay an egg against the Giants, the "hate", as you call it, will resurface on the front page of this board quickly.

I am speaking of the downright hatred for Dan and co. Some don't share that viewpoint, I am waiting to find out where most of it went. It seems as if wining a game or two took the wind out of the sails. Is this what happens? It only takes a win here or there a big name free-agent to get some folks back on board with the program?

I am speaking of the downright hatred for Dan and co. Some don't share that viewpoint, I am waiting to find out where most of it went. It seems as if wining a game or two took the wind out of the sails. Is this what happens? It only takes a win here or there a big name free-agent to get some folks back on board with the program?

The message has been on here for months now. How many days in a row can the same 4 topics be discussed? Is anyone really bringing a new spin to the table? It is like Tiger...how many times in a day can you talk about it before you tune it out completely?

I think that most came to the same conclusion, I will do what I have control over (spending $$$). Outside of holding your own personal embargo what else is there to do?

Did anyone expect people to remain furious forever? The "movement" was to stop buying skins gear and send a message to management. I for one haven't bought a single item and won't be for as long as Dan Snyder treats fans like addicts.

Folks can choose to be his faithful flock of addicts while he finds new ways to exploit and disappoint them. I'll watch the game on TV and completely disassociate myself financially with Dan Snyder. You can fund him because I'm done.

#1. Apathy HAS set in. People are caring less and less.

#2. Most talking heads still feel the odds are better that half that Vinny will be gone. A lot of us are waiting to see that.

#3. If Vinny is still around in a month. I imagine things will get heated again.

Also, Destino is right. I think people are spending less on Skins stuff. I know I'll not renew my tix when the bill comes if Vinny is still here.

Archived