Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanahan to Bring Son in as OC

MAATopDogg

I really don't want Shanahan OR his son here. At all.

Sherm Lewis has this offense clicking... So we're going to restart with another new offensive system? Stupid. Very stupid.

And you can't MAKE a new HC keep Sherman Lewis. He needs to pick his own staff. But Lewis has this offense firing. I'm so deadset against Shanahan I can't even begin to tell you.

Well if our front office lets both Shanahans come to DC it will be the blind leading the blind as the saying goes. Do not need them here. Houston has some good players who can execute plays so its hard to say how big a difference his son is making there especially since their head coach knows the offense well.

Sherm Lewis has this offense clicking... So we're going to restart with another new offensive system? Stupid. Very stupid.

And you can't MAKE a new HC keep Sherman Lewis. He needs to pick his own staff. But Lewis has this offense firing. I'm so deadset against Shanahan I can't even begin to tell you.

You'd have to be sure of two things:

One, that Shem Lewis actually wants to come back and be a full time OC next year.

Two, would mystery head coach be ok with not assembling his own coaching staff.

Personally I love how this team is coming along with the WCO since Sherm has taken over the majority of the play calling duties, but having the stability of Mike Shanahan as the HC and his son being the OC/coach in waiting sounds good as well.

Sherman Lewis is calling Jim Zorn's plays. I think Zorn just had too much on his plate... going from a long-time QB coach... to head coach plus play-caller... two things he's never done... too much...

I think the dye is cast for Zorn based on what Sonny J said on the post game. Since Sonny has more insight(inside info) on the way the FO is thinking I think a coaching change has already been made and most of the league insiders already know this. Vinny will come back in a lesser/reduced role, Campbell is back per Vinny this morring. Sonny also said that he doesn't think Sherm Lewis is brought back but that could change by seasons end. All this points to a coach/GM combination hire. If Shanny is the hire here I wouldn't mind seeing how much better we could be rather than Zorn's mismanagement of the clock ,inept playcalling, and not playing the rooks at lot more than he should have. Obviously,there will be growing pains but Shan's WCO shouldn't be drastically different from what we run now and he won't have as many responsilities like Zorn did.

Well if our front office lets both Shanahans come to DC it will be the blind leading the blind as the saying goes. Do not need them here. Houston has some good players who can execute plays so its hard to say how big a difference his son is making there especially since their head coach knows the offense well.

They were ranked third last year, eighth so far this year. Before Kyle Shanahan became offensive coordinator, they were ranked fourteenth, twenty-eighth, and thirtieth.

I really don't see that happening here... this is frustrating.

I really think Dan Snyder is tired of the changes and starting all over... I would not be surprised if everything stayed the same next year... Zorn and Vinny back... I am not a Vinny fan, but I think Zorn might be starting to "get it"

Sherman Lewis is calling Jim Zorn's plays. I think Zorn just had too much on his plate... going from a long-time QB coach... to head coach plus play-caller... two things he's never done... too much...

He's calling them correctly. Something Zorn couldn't do. Zorn has some pretty good plays in the playbook and Lewis is using them the way they should be used.

The credit belongs mostly to Lewis for the turn around, but you're correct... You can't completely deny Zorn any of the credit, either.

Archived